Does Anybody Really Care About The Titanic? Really Like? Really?

Started by Applesisapples, April 12, 2012, 03:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dillinger

Well that's nearly it untill another 100 years, looking forward to it.

sheamy

I see BBC presenter Andrew Marr called Titanic commemorations 'sordid and tasteless and very dull', asking where does it end will we see documentaries about air crashes in the future.

Good man yerself Andrew!!

Minder

The aren't finished with it yet, the MLAs in Stormont are having a 2 hr debate about it this morning. I can just imagine them sitting with a Titanic colouring in book.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on April 16, 2012, 11:04:15 AM
The aren't finished with it yet, the MLAs in Stormont are having a 2 hr debate about it this morning. I can just imagine them sitting with a Titanic colouring in book.

Testing Accessibility

Olly

Just saw this. Did anyone do anything to celebrate the Titanic?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

muppet

Quote from: Olly on April 16, 2012, 05:16:39 PM

Yea, I went to watch Mayo beating Kerry.
MWWSI 2017

LeoMc

Quote from: muppet on April 16, 2012, 05:28:31 PM

Kerry = Cruising, practically unsinkable?
Mayo = Iceberg. Gone in the heat of the summer?

LeoMc

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 14, 2012, 11:22:45 AM
Still sick to my hole listening to it. Sorry EG I now truly believe the shipyards were a bastion of religious and political tolerance, there was no such thing as a Protestant Parliament for a Protestant People and I also believe in Santa. But sarcasm aside I have no problem with the Titanic except it was a disaster and tragedy for those drowned, but the Irish, masters of the Moral Victory believe it's worth celebrating. And our press including the Beeb and UTV are in overkill overdrive.

Not in 1912 anyway.

ziggysego

Quote from: LeoMc on April 16, 2012, 05:32:34 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 16, 2012, 05:28:31 PM

Kerry = Cruising, practically unsinkable?
Mayo = Iceberg. Gone in the heat of the summer?

;D very good
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

A 2hr debate about what exactly?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 16, 2012, 07:34:04 PM

Dunno, some journalist had it on Twitter earlier. They have been off for two weeks and their first bit of business was a chat about the Titanic.

Maguire01

@DianaRusk
After a two week recess, the assembly meets today for four hours. An hour and a half of which is dedicated to the Titanic.

That's what you'd call effective representation.

Minder

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 16, 2012, 09:03:27 PM
@DianaRusk
After a two week recess, the assembly meets today for four hours. An hour and a half of which is dedicated to the Titanic.

That's what you'd call effective representation.

Yeah it was from Rusk where I read it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on April 16, 2012, 07:52:50 PM

Dunno, some journalist had it on Twitter earlier. They have been off for two weeks and their first bit of business was a chat about the Titanic.
Not any auld chat! Some DUP fella wants a Titanic memorial at Stormont because there just hasnt been enough public money spent on it. Some other Alliance chap wanted to red up Andrew Marr. Some outfit.

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 16, 2012, 09:26:01 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 16, 2012, 07:52:50 PM

Not any auld chat! Some DUP fella wants a Titanic memorial at Stormont because there just hasnt been enough public money spent on it. Some other Alliance chap wanted to red up Andrew Marr. Some outfit.
I read that about the proposal for a memorial in Stormont - ridiculous - they've just unveiled a memorial outside the city hall. Enough is enough.