Does Anybody Really Care About The Titanic? Really Like? Really?

Started by Applesisapples, April 12, 2012, 03:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Is it me getting old and grumpy? But I couldn't give a flying f**k about some old ship built in a sectarian cesspit which is now at the bottom of the sea. I am sick to death listening to The BBC and UTV wittering on about it. Only the Irish could celebrate such a glorious failure. Sailed once sank once. As the man in the dinning room on the Titanic said to the waiter I know I asked for ice but this is ridiculous! Boom Boom.

oisinog

There were catholics who worked on Titanic.

And yes I'm intrested in Titanic have been for years. i'm looking forward to going to visit the iceberg building

Hardy

Ould wans on Livewhine today saying the museum is a "disappointment". I didn't hear it all right but apparently they promote the stairway as the centrepiece of the whole thing, but it's not accessible when you go there - just a video presentation or something. Anyway - loads of fuel for "it's a disgrace, Joe", etc.

Gaffer

I had an interest in it but by Jaysus I am sick to the teeth with it on the media!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Minder

Quote from: ziggysego on April 12, 2012, 04:13:54 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 12, 2012, 04:10:44 PM
I had an interest in it but by Jaysus I am sick to the teeth with it on the media!!!

+1

+2

It was interesting to learn about as a youngster but i am just about sick to the balls of it. What I find annoying is that the local media, and bbc and UTV in particular, have been nothing more than tourist vehicles for the whole charade.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

I tried to find some kind of resolution nearly a year ago - http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19397.0 - but it descended into a sectarian mudfight. Men were lost forever after the fall-out....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ONeill on April 12, 2012, 04:23:31 PM
I tried to find some kind of resolution nearly a year ago - http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19397.0 - but it descended into a sectarian mudfight. Men were lost forever after the fall-out....
Ahead of your time. I'm sick listening to the whole thing. Regards employment practices at the yard they are well documented and undisputed. It still remains one of many vessals that sank, the unsinkable ship a prime example if ever there was one of the folly of man.

Milltown Row2

Ya must watch a lot of news!! I haven't really heard a peep about it. Though I don't watch the news at all. If ya don't care about it why put up a thread about it and give it more attention? (well on here)

If the ship had have been built on the Liffey by a load of taigs and not too many prods would we be raving about it?

Wind your necks in. A few facts, the greatest ship built (of it's time) Built here on our wee island. Crashed on it's maiden voyage into an iceberg!! 1500 souls died and due to the deaths changes on design and health and safety measures were taken (namely adequate lifebouts) on new builds.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oisinog

There are a lot of untrue facts about the Titanic.

Whitestar never claimed the Titanic was unsinkable, The media created that when she sank.

There is a lot of intresting misfacts that you never here

Farrandeelin

Getting sick of hearing about the Addergoole 14 on the local radio station.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

I am interested in the Titanic, but all this recent hype is beginning to annoy me.

This Titanic museum is more about a celebration rather than remembering the 1,500 people who went down with it, mostly the lower classes who were probably caged in like animals.

Personally though, I would be more inclined to believe the story that it was deliberately sank as part of an insurance scam.

J70

Fascinated by it myself, but there's not too much hype in the US about it so far, beyond the re-release of the Cameron film, and a couple of documentaries on Nat Geo involving Cameron and Robert Ballard (he visited Belfast and interviewed descendents of H&W key personnel and showcased the legal trade in artifacts and the damage and desecration of the wreck by unregulated dives and artifact theft.