All Ireland U21 Championship 2012

Started by Rossfan, April 11, 2012, 07:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onlooker

Quote from: ross4life on May 05, 2012, 07:30:13 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 05, 2012, 05:14:45 PM
Overall Roscommon have the best defensive record thus far.

All the neutrals support will be with them.

Roscommon's to lose.

Quote from: INDIANA on September 17, 2011, 12:55:17 AM
Best of luck To Tipp. Sure the rest fo the country wants them to win anyway. We're just going for the day out.

Pressure on Tipp really.

Tipp's to lose.

Déjà vu?
Great spot ross4life.  The important thing is that even though Indiana pretended to think that "it was Tipp's to lose", that did not happen.  Dublin had their day out all right but the All Ireland went to Tipp.  That was such a great day for all of us Tipperary fans that it would be great if Roscommon had a similar experience in O'Connor Park.  The big guns like Dublin, Kerry and Cork have more than enough great days and the weaker counties deserve their day in the sun as well.

Syferus

Quote from: Onlooker on May 06, 2012, 01:20:50 AM

Roscommon's to lose.

Best of luck To Tipp. Sure the rest fo the country wants them to win anyway. We're just going for the day out.

Pressure on Tipp really.

Tipp's to lose.

Déjà vu?
Great spot ross4life.  The important thing is that even though Indiana pretended to think that "it was Tipp's to lose", that did not happen.  Dublin had their day out all right but the All Ireland went to Tipp.  That was such a great day for all of us Tipperary fans that it would be great if Roscommon had a similar experience in O'Connor Park.  The big guns like Dublin, Kerry and Cork have more than enough great days and the weaker counties deserve their day in the sun as well.

It's not a weak vs. strong thing, Roscommon have the exact same amount of u21 AIs as Dublin and 7 provincials to their 10, if we're speaking traditionally this is a dead heat. Under-age is a completely different ball-game to senior.

I've never seen a hype-train based completely on the form-book of one team, but that's exactly what's happened with Dublin. Their a good team with good results, but our performances over many years at under-age makes it pretty clear this is going to be a very tight encounter.

ziggy90

Good luck to the Blackheads ;) Ros today.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on May 05, 2012, 09:08:46 PM
Imperative Dublin win this game tomorrow ...............................hopefully the kilkenny lad makes a move onto the senior lads for the summer too........................

Makes a better hurler and should be some battle to see which one he prefers. Usually the lads will pick the one they believe will get them most medals. Wouldn't have been my guide though, so I hope he picks the hurling :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

INDIANA

Quote from: Onlooker on May 06, 2012, 01:20:50 AM

Roscommon's to lose.

Pressure on Tipp really.

Tipp's to lose.

Déjà vu?

What you get and what you deserve are two different things.

if Roscommon do win its hard to imagine their players having any less dignity then tipp's did last september. In fact i'd be sure of it!

May the best team win and if Ros win I'll be the first to congratulate them.

Crete Boom

Good luck to the rossies today. Threw a sneaky tenner on you at the crazy odds paddy power were giving and I think I've a good chance of seeing a return.

RedandGreenSniper

Best of luck to Ros. Having seen them beat Mayo comfortably, they definitely can spring a surprise here. It's tailor made for an ambush. But Rossies might struggle at midfield. Hope Shine can step up to the mark there. Big game needed from him. Really looking forward to this.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Ros have started well here and Dubs have had a few wild efforts. Ros need to heed the lessons from the dublin v Cork game though and take their chances when on top.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Jinxy on May 06, 2012, 02:22:02 PM
Hudson having a stormer.

He is destroying that big no.3..it was obviously a mismatch from 5 mins in, don't think they've switched him yet?!
Dubs really in control now.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Jinxy

If I was Jim Gavin I'd take off the no. 9.
He's on a yellow and he looks like the sort of lad who could easily get another one.
Stick one of the big wing-forwards in the middle.

cogito

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on May 05, 2012, 09:08:46 PM
Imperative Dublin win this game tomorrow ...............................hopefully the kilkenny lad makes a move onto the senior lads for the summer too........................

What's with the full stops?

Jinxy

Lovely goal by Hudson.
Some great flick-ups on the run in this game.
Great score in response from the Rossies.

ross4life

Poor goal given away by us we should be at least level at ht
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open