All Ireland U21 Championship 2012

Started by Rossfan, April 11, 2012, 07:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Low scoring game but we lead 1-3 to 1-1 at ht & full value for that lead
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

BallyhaiseMan

Didnt finish work in Dublin until 3.30,so watching this online.
Rossies are much the better team so far,this second half has been a disaster
we havent scored in nearly 30 minutes of football, not good enough.

BallyhaiseMan

Cormac Reily is atrocious,
The Roscommon player was virtually mugged there and he gave a free to us  :o

BallyhaiseMan

1-6 to 1-2 to the Rossies with less than 10 minutes left, and i'm afraid with the way Cavan have been playing,that is game set and match.

Jinxy

That's tough on the keeper.
He shouldn't blame himself though, the Rossies fully deserved the win.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

Poor game but we reach our first u-21 final for 30 years i'm delighted
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

BallyhaiseMan

Congrats to all the Rossies on here,fully deserved victory for ye lads.
2-07 to 2-02,Kevin's finish was terrific,Conor Gilsenan was unlucky with that hand-pass.
It would have been hard on the Rossies if Cavan had to go up the field and equalise after that second goal,we can have no complaints,beaten by far the better team.
Hope ye go on and win it now!!

Westside

We could maybe have salvaged a draw but that would have been robbery on a much better Roscommon side. The referee was woeful, he in no way affected the result of the game but he was God awful. Did Jack Brady take a go at his daughter or something??

Good luck to Roscommon in the final I'd love to see ye win it now.

Rossie11

Hard luck to cavan. Their goal should have to equalise as they has a missed a few kickable pts in the few mins before they got the goal.
They were a bit unlucky all through the game. The corner back, Mcloughlin is it? Was having a great game before going off injured.
Great to be back in a final. The jackeens will be raging hot favourites for sure.

orangeman

Dublin will be massive favourites alright but Roscommon will give them a good test hopefully.

Well done Dublin and Roscommon. Interesting final.

Canalman

Well done to the Rossies.

Wonder will Roscommon bring game to CP or will it be Navan? Personally hope it is down the country given our recent record in  AI underage finals in CP. Last one won in 1984 at CP.Many lost since then.

Pretty obvious that Dubs will be favourites and no doubt we will be reminded and reminded ad nauseum by the Rossies about this fact over the next few weeks.

seafoid

Great win for los Rossies.  A bit of the 2006 spirit for the final and you never know what could happen.

INDIANA

well done to roscommon.

I think they will be up against it though in the final.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: INDIANA on April 21, 2012, 05:54:13 PM
well done to roscommon.

I think they will be up against it though in the final.

Indeed
The Rossies will have to up their game to a massive degree in the final,because the difference between playing Cavan today and this Dublin team will be like night and day.

ross4life

i'm hearing the final will be played in Portlaoise