The belly is getting bigger, time to stop the rot.

Started by King Kenny, April 09, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

That Passatta is great stuff, mix in a bit of chopped Basil or Parsley for a lovely tasty low calorie sauce.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

mannix

Quote from: King Kenny on April 17, 2012, 11:10:49 PM
Half a stone off in just over a week.  Result.
thats fair going, well done. you could have your own tv show.

muppet

Quote from: King Kenny on April 17, 2012, 11:10:49 PM
Half a stone off in just over a week.  Result.

Good man. Have you completely changed the diet as well or is it just running?
MWWSI 2017

ross matt

Quote from: Sharpshooter12 on April 16, 2012, 12:07:31 PM
just throwing in my suggestions,havent read through the whole thread so apologies if i repeat what has already been said. firstly to lose weight you obv need to burn or expend more calories than you consume. this can be done in 2 ways; 1 is to increase your calorie expenditure and the second is to reduce your calories intake. The first way can be done through a mixture or cardio and weights. high intensity cardio training is generally better than low steady paced training. so try to incorporate sprints into your training or regular bursts on the treadmill,rowing machine, etc. example may be to jog for 30 secs then run has hard as you can for 20-30 sec then repeat, all depends on your fitness levels. hill sprints/cycling also works the body harder so try an do some of them if possible. weight training is also important and should be done along side a cardio program. big compound moves such as squats,deadlifts,bench presses etc are the best moves to do plus bodyweight exercises such as pull ups, press ups and core work (planks,swiss ball exercises) again your ability ere depends on your fitness but often guys carrying weight tend to be able to lift quite big due to the fact there body has being carrying around their heavy frame, flexibility work should be done to help avoid any injuries. with regards a six pack, everyone has one unfortunately it is hiden below a layer of fat, crunches or sit ups wont get you 1, the heavy lifts like squats and the core work will help to strenthen and develop your abs but you need to lose body fat to allow your abs to be seen,(it is suggested body fat of 10% or less is needed to reveal a six pack) so cardio work is very important. with regards calories yes you need to reduce your intake but also consume the right type of foods, avoid sugars in things like fizzy drinks,sweets some yoghurt, avoid saturated fats in things like sauces,ready made sandwiches,ready made pasta salads (a lot of these contain dressings heavy in fat) however do consume good fats in things like brazil nuts and peanut butter. And importantly keep hydrated. it is important to find a balance often people give their diet an extreme make over, cut out all sweets, breads, beer etc lose weight but then find that there diet isnt sustainable in the long run and put the weight back on. allow yourself a treat night or lunch once a week just to keep the cravings away. Thats my take on things anyway, hope it is of use.

Excellent advice sharpshooter. Anyone who follows it will get definite results.

southdown

I bought one of those micro wave egg poachers, very handy for a fast protein filled bite to eat after the gym in 25-40 seconds!

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

Milltown Row2

Have been doing the new Insanity workouts for the past 5 Thursday mornings, pretty intense to say the least, anyone try it yet and are you getting any decent results from it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BenDover

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 21, 2013, 12:59:17 AM
Have been doing the new Insanity workouts for the past 5 Thursday mornings, pretty intense to say the least, anyone try it yet and are you getting any decent results from it?
LOL Shaun T - the only man on TV whilst doing the night feed a while ago. Is the Insanity workout not a daily thing or at least 3-4 times / week? Did u buy the discs or print of the plan and follow the many youtube videos?

The Iceman

Insanity should be done daily or I think6  days a week. Its a crazy workout - My Mrs' brother did it and quit and he trains SWOT team in Florida so he is certainly fit.
He reckons P90X is the dogs.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

Once a week at the gym. While not legally called insanity due to copyright. Its the same stuff.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: The Iceman on June 21, 2013, 04:36:41 PM
Insanity should be done daily or I think6  days a week. Its a crazy workout - My Mrs' brother did it and quit and he trains SWOT team in Florida so he is certainly fit.
He reckons P90X is the dogs.....

What's a SWOT team? A group of kids spending their day studying and entering school quizzes. .?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 21, 2013, 10:05:22 PM
Once a week at the gym. While not legally called insanity due to copyright. Its the same stuff.
Girl in work goes to a Crossfit gym and it seems to be pretty hardcore stuff.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 21, 2013, 10:24:19 PM

There are variations about but this is really f**king hard, be like a double workout for the warm up, then at least 7/8 drills (each drill  1 min long)you do that twice with no stopping then another set of 8/9 drill 1 min long. f**king mental

That insanity stuff would be a great preseason jobby, serious core work

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 21, 2013, 10:24:19 PM

Cultfit is what my friends call it. Its the in thing here at the moment.

Wildweasel74

does any body know a decent diet that work over a 3month period, need to lose a stone or more, and forbeey eating too much crap, i eating at the wrong times (in the evenings and never hungry in the morning or lunch time) i can stick to a diet  9as lose weight in the past) but need to find a good one that works, cant really add much exercise into it as the knee fucked! Time to get of the couch!!