Tyrone v Kildare Part II - The Revenge Div 2 NFL Final Sunday 29th April 2012

Started by Fuzzman, April 08, 2012, 07:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CK_Redhand

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
S Cav, S O'Neill, E Mulligan etc etc have still got it.  One bad day and all yous think is doom and gloom.
Get yer heads out of yer arses, Tyrone will have more of a say than Kildare this year come business end of the season.  Would Kerry, Dublin, Cork rather face Tyrone or Kildare?  Division 2 finals mean nothing, Tyrone are still the most feared team in Ireland.  Mickey Harte has more management skill in his little finger than any other manager full-stop.  We'll walk Ulster and Sam is ours if we get the breaks.

bigtogs

some tyrone players living on reputations...............only as good as your last game......

omagh_gael

Jaysus ck have you lost the plot altogether? We are now the most feared team in Ireland? I think you may find a few people that would disagree there.

ONeill

McConnell
Gormley - Justy - McCrory
Joe - Harte - McNabb
Cassidy - Murphy
Donnelly - Colm Cavanagh - Penrose
O'Neill - Sean - Mugsy
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bigtogs

Quote from: ONeill on April 30, 2012, 11:51:13 PM
McConnell
Gormley - Justy - McCrory
Joe - Harte - McNabb
Cassidy - Murphy
Donnelly - Colm Cavanagh - Penrose
O'Neill - Sean - Mugsy

mc mahon lads dont play enough football they in the last 12 months or so look so rusty

barelegs

Four players played every league game this year. McCrory, McCarron, Harte and Donnelly. Can see Mickey picking something more like this.

McConnell
McCrory - Justy - Gormley
Red Sean - Harte - McCarron
Sean - Joe
McNabb - Donnelly - Colm
O'Neill - Penrose - Mulligan

McCaul or Quinn could just as easily be picked at 5. McNabb has done enough to hold down his place. He'll play around the 45 anyway.

I think Justy has been a bit sharper this year than he was last, which mightn't be hard. Couple of club games before Armagh and hopefully he'll be ready to go. I'm a big Cassidy fan but I just think Mickey will want to accomodate Sean somewhere, where he can influence the game.

rrhf

Petie had his off day hoPefully on Sunday, was totally anonymous, he will be better the next day, the clambouring to accommodate Sean at the teams expense is frightening.  We all know he hasn't been himself for 3 seasons.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Tyrone buckos......................experience counts for alot I know but surely conor gormley should be an impact sub at best.............. consistent fouling, and has lost his pace at this level

tonto1888

Quote from: CK_Redhand on April 30, 2012, 11:27:47 PM
Form is temporary, class is permanent.
S Cav, S O'Neill, E Mulligan etc etc have still got it.  One bad day and all yous think is doom and gloom.
Get yer heads out of yer arses, Tyrone will have more of a say than Kildare this year come business end of the season.  Would Kerry, Dublin, Cork rather face Tyrone or Kildare?  Division 2 finals mean nothing, Tyrone are still the most feared team in Ireland.  Mickey Harte has more management skill in his little finger than any other manager full-stop.  We'll walk Ulster and Sam is ours if we get the breaks.

and youre telling others to get their head out their arses? Agood team yes, potentially very good. The most feared team in Irealnd? Not by a long shot

shawshank

Thinks Gromely is past it at this level, exposed for pace to often in the in the past 15 months. On another point, this game could have gone Tyrones way. When Tyrone were one point up with 10 mins left approx, I think the score was 10/9, O'Neill missed a seriously easy free to go two up, followed by a brutal decesion by the ref not to award Donnelly a foul when he was pulled down (wtached this about 10 times on sky+ and couldn't believe the decesion)for another tap over free to go 3 up. The result of not awarding a free was Kildare countered and scored a point, bringing the game level. These are the small inches that decide a teams momentum in the winning phase of the game.

SuperHo

I was sittin in croker on sunday gettin me ballix friz and had the same prescient feeling that i had in 2002 in the sligo game.  then as on sunday Tyrone were ahead on the score board but looked like they were  losing. 

we all know what happened the following year.

can we say that big sean n gormley etc etc are anywhere near match fit?

blewuporstuffed

my thinking would be similar to yourself Oneill

1.McConnell
2.McCrory/Quinn - both quite sinilar and either could do a job for you in the corner
3.Joe- tyrones best full back IMO. could possibly offer something out the field aswell, but gave one of the best displays at full back i have seen against armagh last year
4.Gormley -still top class, despite what people are saying. sunday was his first intercounty game in quite a while. big game player
5. mccarron - has done enough over  league campaign to have nailled down a spot
6. Harte- class act and will be iven that 'free' role from deep
7.Justy - out of sorts lately, but still a class footballer and could give us that extra drive from WHB now that jordan has gone
8&9. 2 from Cassidy /Murphy/colly cav.  All 3 have played well at different periods this year & very little between them
10.mcnabb- will play as the second CHB to accommodate hartes licence to roam
11.mugsy- one of tyrones best foot passers of the ball, and could be a creative spark at CHF
12.Donnelly - one of tyrones best performers of late
13.O'Neill - forming a very dangerous FF paring with sean. get it in early to them with mugsy helping to provide the quality ball needed
14. Sean Cav - poor on sunday, and hasnt been at his best since playing at FF in 2008. i would put him back there
15.Penrose- playing out ithe WHF position vacated by mc nabb
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fuzzman

I'd be happy with that team blewuporstuffed but I'd still prefer to have a 3 man FF line or at least stop all this mindless running into traffic tactic. I've seen too much of it now and its sore on the eyes

nrico2006

I was watching the game on Sunday and I saw Penrose coming on I couldn't help but think that we needed something different.  I would love to have seen Johnny Lafferty get a chance, big fella with great speed and feet and can take scores from distance.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Redhand Santa

Quote from: rrhf on May 01, 2012, 06:44:12 AM
Petie had his off day hoPefully on Sunday, was totally anonymous, he will be better the next day, the clambouring to accommodate Sean at the teams expense is frightening.  We all know he hasn't been himself for 3 seasons.

No doubt you'd start McKenna before him lol. Listen if Tyrone are going to do compete with the top teams this year they're going to need Cavanagh back playing well. I thought he showed signs of improvement in the second half on Sunday. He hasn't reached the heights of 2008 in the last few years but the potential is still there. I've no doubt if he stays injury free he'll improve as the year goes on. I also think people were very harsh on Gormley - he was poor on Sunday but we seen last year it can take him a while to get into things after a break.

I have no doubt Tyrone will be better prepared come the championship. A few players like Cassidy, Gormley and Cavanagh got much needed game time. I think a change in nets will definitely happen come championship and should improve things a bit. Would also be hopeful of a fit Justin McMahon. Not to concerned about losing a division 2 final though certain performances and the way the team played were worrying.