Tyrone v Kildare Part II - The Revenge Div 2 NFL Final Sunday 29th April 2012

Started by Fuzzman, April 08, 2012, 07:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Ref not giving Tyrone a whole pile either! Some blatant fouls on Tyrone coming forward not called!

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: cadhlancian on April 29, 2012, 03:42:20 PM
Ref not giving Tyrone a whole pile either! Some blatant fouls on Tyrone coming forward not called!

Not the referee that beat Tyrone. seems like Tyrone never won that game cause they never went to Portugal. some strange calls on the sideline. take nothing away from Kildare they deserved it. Mark Donnelly played shirt of his back was tyrones best player by a mile. Sean Cavanagh never got two kicks of it. would have finished in the 2nd row of the sub bench if he didnt high profile name he has. Tyrone do well to get out of athletic grounds in the championship. stephen oneills 25 metre free kick woulda have put daylight between the teams with 15 minutes to go but dropped short and Kildare never looked back.probably the wake up call Tyrone needed ahead of th championship they thought they were untouchable.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

CK_Redhand

Ref gave Tyrone nothing but they were brutal in that second half anyway.  When O'Neill is having an off day they have nobody else to play the ball into.

clarshack

kildare seemed to be a lot fitter in the last 10 mins.

a lot for tyrone to work on.

not the worst result in the world as there'll be no hype/talk about unbeaten records going into the athletic grounds.

Aaron Boone

Kildare better team when it mattered, took control of midfield.

J Curran dropped a ball over the sideline that was going wide, Kildare scored an excellent 45 from it. Then Stephen O'Neill misses the handy free.

sheamy

Fitter better conditioned team won which tyrone won't be happy about given the amount of training we hear they are doing. That's first team Tyrone have met who have been as fit as they are this year. McGeeney will be delighted with that outing.

Jinxy

Fitness was always going to play a huge role on a day like that.
Conditions didn't suit foot-passing and Tyrone weren't able to isolate O'Neill and Mulligan.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

barelegs

Tyrone looked a bit off the pace for the entire match today. They never moved with the same fluency they did during the league proper. The opposition might have something to do with that but there wasn't the same sharpness with Tyrone's attack play.

I'd rather get beat by Kildare today than by Armagh in the Athletic Grounds. A defeat once in a while mightn't be the worst thing. It'll give Mickey Harte plenty to work on. I'd rather of had that than a 10 point win that taught you nothing. Tyrone's aim isn't Division 2 league titles.

Apart from Mark Donnelly today I'm not sure anybody else really performed like they can

squire_in_navy_slacks

No touching Kildare now.........................unstoppable  ;)

V Good display in fairness, worked the conditions really well, very sharp and at an alarming fitness rate already................................. johnny doyle is near untouchable now though, handy frees ;)

orangeman

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 29, 2012, 06:16:06 PM
No touching Kildare now.........................unstoppable  ;)

V Good display in fairness, worked the conditions really well, very sharp and at an alarming fitness rate already................................. johnny doyle is near untouchable now though, handy frees ;)
[/b]

Sure it's non contact now isn't it ?

From the Bunker

Well done Kildare, a good scalp in a moderately competitive game. There is no where to hide this summer! Sh1te or get off the pot! I mean that in a positive sense.

tyroneman

10 Observations on the game:

1. Referee was shocking. As bad a performance as I have seen in a long while. Allowed Kildare to foul at will when Tyrone on attack and gave Kildare the softest of scorable frees in the Tyrone half.
2. Tyrone tried to carry the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME. The FF line had nothing to work with; no early ball in at all.
3. Sean Cav is a pale shadow of what he used to be. Would be better suited in FF or MF. Half forward doing nothing for him.
4. McCrory will be a big loss.
5. With Coney out shooting from 35+ was virtually non existent.  Kildare
closed the game out well doing just that.
6. Fitness wise we looked 2nd best.
7. No plan B
8. Referees need to stop the 3rd man tackle from Kildare. Every time it happens.
9. Hopefully the result pulls some heads back down from clouds and we can give the Armagh fixture the respect it most certainly warrants.
10. Did I mention how bad Coldrick was.

Donnellys Hollow

Great to get the win against one of the better teams in the country but it was only a Div 2 final so it has to be kept in perspective.

Positives were that the backs were much tighter than at any other stage this year. The management got the match ups spot on. I wouldn't have picked Emmet Bolton to mark Mulligan but it worked a treat. McGrillen also gave Cavanagh nothing all day. I thought Peter Kelly had his best match since his return and Connolly was safe as houses under the high ball. His kickouts were a vast improvement from Salthill.

Both the corner forwards were disappointing but space was at a premium with Tyrone dropping their half-back line so deep. Tom Connor showed well but we still aren't getting enough men running off him around the D. Young Podge Fogarty showed what he is capable of and he will have Jimmers and Smithy sweating over their starting places against Offaly. Disappointing that Earley didn't get any game time but good to see Leper and Flynn are getting over their knocks.

Kildare's shortcomings are still clear for all to see but we appear to be in decent enough shape facing into the Championship. It has probably been the most positive League campaign during McGeeney's tenure and we should be more competitive this year with Kelly, Conway and Earley back in the fold. Hopefully the likes of Flynn can stay injury free. With a bit of luck we might be capable of taking a big scalp this summer.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Whishtup

Enjoyable enough game.  Terrible reffing.  Thought he was equally bad for both teams in the first half and then bad for Tyrone in the second.  Wouldn't be too disappointed.  I thought that Tyrone looked physically sharper and faster to the ball all over the pitch in the first half-just seemed to break down by trying to burst through the middle all the time.    Sean should've been hauled off at half time.  In fairness to Stevie he never got any ball put into him and Mugsy looks sharp enough.  Bar one terrible pass, I thought Colm Cav put himself about well enough.  Disappointing game by McCarron. 
On another day, Tyrone could've been out of sight at half time.
Our game seemed to fall apart when the ref lost the plot while Kildare took their chances well.  Won't do Tyrone a bit of harm to lose this one-they have the basis of a decent championship team on this showing but need to start picking of long distance scores.