Mayo V Kerry- 8/4/12

Started by Sam2011, April 05, 2012, 02:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

If ever a psychiatric illness could sum up a set of football fans then surely bi-polar would be wrapped in the green and red.

Farrandeelin

Thing is, Lar, people I've been talking to reckon Dublin didn't want to win. They reckon why Mayo won so handily the last day was down to Dublin's 'sure let's give the league a miss this year lads' attitude. And to be honest, we still won't be any the wiser if Mayo did actually manage to beat Kerry on Sunday, it would be all down to 'sure Kerry qualified anyway' type of stuff. It does my head in trying to put positive spin on things that I've inclined to keep stum about it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mannix

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 06, 2012, 11:43:41 AM
If ever a psychiatric illness could sum up a set of football fans then surely bi-polar would be wrapped in the green and red.

i am sure the one hundred and twenty years tyrone werent winning much had an effect on the tyrone minds too, especially when they were close to the top in the mid nineties.

Cosmo Kramer

Lar the Mayo gaa blog seems to be getting more and more posts after every game so it's maybe reflective of a move to there rather than a loss of interest in Mayo gaa. 10000 fans in McHale Park last week suggests the interest is still there anyway.

Teams being announced late on Saturday night before games doesn't leave too much to talk about pre-match either.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

western exile

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 06, 2012, 06:06:56 PM
Lar the Mayo gaa blog seems to be getting more and more posts after every game so it's maybe reflective of a move to there rather than a loss of interest in Mayo gaa. 10000 fans in McHale Park last week suggests the interest is still there anyway.

Teams being announced late on Saturday night before games doesn't leave too much to talk about pre-match either.
Free entry at the turnstile might have been a contributing factor to the attendance

omagh_gael

Too right mannix. l think we'd a right touch of post traumatic stress disorder following Sean McLaughlin's disallowed point in '95 and Meaths onslaught of GBH in '96!

Tubberman

Quote from: western exile on April 06, 2012, 06:23:56 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 06, 2012, 06:06:56 PM

Free entry at the turnstile might have been a contributing factor to the attendance

Not a huge amount. There was a bigger attendance for the abandoned match.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Blowitupref

Quote from: outthecountry on April 05, 2012, 09:51:48 PM
Kerry team is as follows....don't know half of them......Kelly, Enright, Young, McGuire, Crowley, Brosnan, Lyne, Maher and Donaghy, O'Callaghan, BJ Keane, Buckley, Cooper Paddy Curtin and O'Leary
With the Kerry line up Mayo to win is a good bet.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 06, 2012, 09:18:02 PM
Quote from: outthecountry on April 05, 2012, 09:51:48 PM
Kerry team is as follows....don't know half of them......Kelly, Enright, Young, McGuire, Crowley, Brosnan, Lyne, Maher and Donaghy, O'Callaghan, BJ Keane, Buckley, Cooper Paddy Curtin and O'Leary
With the Kerry line up Mayo to win is a good bet.

I can t remember such a new Kerry team playing in league or championship - ever!

But check out some of the subs!!

Subs: Brendan Kealy (Kilcummin), Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht), Paul Galvin (Finuge), Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore), Declan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada), Bryan Sheehan (St. Mary's), Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar), James O'Donoghue (Legion), Michael Geaney (Daingean Uí Chúis), Daithí Casey (Dr. Crokes), Fionn Fitzgerald (Dr. Crokes), Donnchadha Walsh (Cromane).

Could be worse. Tom O Sullivan and Tomás still in hibernation.

Sam2011

1 David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
17 Eoghan Reilly - Castlebar Mitchels
3 Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4 Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
5 Lee Keegan - Westport
6 Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
7 Colm Boyle - Davitts
8 Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
9 Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
10 Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11 Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen
24 Alan Dillon - Ballintubber
13 Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
14 Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
15 Michael Conroy - Davitts

16 Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
18 Kevin Keane - Westport
19 Shane McHale - Knockmore
20 Peadar Gardiner - Crossmolina
21 Patrick Harte - Ballina Stephenites
22 Enda Varley - Garrymore
23 Evan Regan - Ballina Stephenites
12 Aidan Campbell - Swinford
25 Barry Moran - Castlebar Mitchels
27 Conor Mortimer - Parnells (Dublin)
28 Danny Geraghty - Ballintubber

Once again four changes.

Zulu

Does anyone want to make the semi finals?? I see the dubs have picked a complete joke team and now Mayo are given lads who have seen little action do far a start.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Zulu on April 06, 2012, 11:58:07 PM
Does anyone want to make the semi finals?? I see the dubs have picked a complete joke team and now Mayo are given lads who have seen little action do far a start.

No-one wants to make the semi-finals Zulu. No-one ever wants to make the semi-finals. All anyone wants to do is not get relegated, or get promoted if you're not in D1.

Páidí Ó Sé was on the Seo Spoirt on TG4 tonight talking about how it took their final League game of 2000 for Kerry to realise that they had to play Moynihan at fullback. That's what the League is for - seeing how fellas get on in different formations before they have to face the live ammo of the Championship.

moysider

Quote from: Zulu on April 06, 2012, 11:58:07 PM

Does n't look like we do anyway! What would be wrong with playing likes of McHale and Keane again? Should be grateful that Conroy and Boyle are not gone too.

It s one thing for likes of Kerry, Tyrone, Cork and Dubs to experiment with selection but they re messing about with an AI winning team.  We re putting out a disposable team every year.

We re building a team but we keep dismantling good new bits as we go along. Yet lads that have done a lot like Andy, Dillon and Higgins are wheeled out every time. McHale and Keane need these games to develop.  If we want to see new stuff give us likes of Walsh and Regan for a while.

Zulu

And that sums up the weakness of our season perfectly ICC, too many glorified challenge matches. Mind you I would have thought Mayo would have liked at least one extra competitive game if they could get it.

Zulu

Good point Moysider, JH knows what Andy et al can do so why not give the new lads as much game time as possible? If Mayo get beaten and don't make the semi finals I'm not sure the Mayo management will actually know where many of their players stand at IC level or what their first 15 should be.