Up and coming Hurling Stars

Started by Oak Leafer, April 03, 2012, 03:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheamy

Quote from: Oak Leafer on April 04, 2012, 04:19:08 PM
definitely going to be the next Henry Shefflin

That's some statement for him to make! No pressure. Might be true but I doubt we'll see many like Shefflin in a hurry.

Oak Leafer

I'd say he's not a mile off with his prediction. He mentions that these young fellas are the start of the batch of hurlers coming through, who were exposed to the new coaching structures at underage and school levels. To me Hurling is such a skillful game that it could be very possible for someone to come through and exceed the already remarkable career of Henry Shefflin.

CorkMan

Lads, ye're all talking about forwards. There are some good young backs as well. Stephen McDonnell and William Egan have been outstanding for Cork. Padraic Maher doesn't need to prove himself, he's shown over the last season or two whay a quality player he is but he is still only like 23.

deiseach

An interesting one to watch might be the battle for the Waterford goalkeeper jersey. Both Adrian Power (24) and Stephen O'Keeffe (not sure of his age but he was Minor three years ago) look up for the challenge.

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on April 05, 2012, 09:41:08 AM
An interesting one to watch might be the battle for the Waterford goalkeeper jersey. Both Adrian Power (24) and Stephen O'Keeffe (not sure of his age but he was Minor three years ago) look up for the challenge.

Has Power returned to the panel then?

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on April 05, 2012, 10:22:25 AM
Quote from: deiseach on April 05, 2012, 09:41:08 AM

Has Power returned to the panel then?

Yes! The story that he had flounced out in a huff was a crock of shit. He played on Sunday, although given the threat Dublin presented he might as well not have bothered.