Meath Mightily Migrate from Mediocrity, Maybe.

Started by thejuice, April 03, 2012, 01:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on April 18, 2012, 02:14:59 PM
Banty and Barney are going to have a fair fight in the Aldi car park to decide who goes.
Big Joe Joyce is reffing it.

No biting, break when told to and the fight lasts until someone retires or until mammy has dinner cooked, whichever comes first.

seafoid

Quote from: agorm on April 18, 2012, 02:04:41 PM
As far as I remember Eamonn Barry voiced a very strong opposition to Banty's appointment in the first place. It kind of indicates how strong his opinion of Barney is. In my opinion, the clubs should reject the county board's motion as it will be a vindication of their position. Banty certainly has not performed particularly well but it is difficult to see what the motion tonight will achieve bar help the county board shift the blame for our problems on to the Monaghan man.

It sounds very like soccer once the Sun turns on the England manager.
Starring Banty as Steve McClaren. The plot is the same -  players won't win anything due to long
festering issues but it's great craic  blaming it on the manager.

spuds

Ah jaysus Seafoid, am choking on me popcorn here with your sacair references. Plenty of material here without referring to McClaren and them eegits
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Jinxy

I'm now firmly in the pro-Banty, anti-Barney camp.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Jinxy on April 18, 2012, 04:09:13 PM

If I were you I'd be anti both of them.

This is the problem with these politicians in the GAA. It's not about improving the county or winning things it's about doing down the feckers that are agin them. A load of bollix and unfortunately very widespread.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on April 18, 2012, 04:09:13 PM

I think a compromise candidate will come forward. Noel Dempsey.

Ard-Rí

It's a vote on Banty, on his record, not the county board.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Syferus

Quote from: Ard-Rí on April 18, 2012, 04:43:38 PM

Impossible to remove the politics from it. Most of the anti-sacking camp will have equal measures of trouble with Banty's treatment and the county board's arrogance and negligence, those issues are joined at the hip.

Hardy

Quote from: Ard-Rí on April 18, 2012, 04:43:38 PM

It is officially, Ard-Rí but it's gone beyond that. It's like one of those referendums where people don't vote on the issue at question but use it as an opportunity to have a go at the government. I'm also anti-both the co. board and McEnaney, but the way it's going a vote to get rid of the manager will be taken as an endorsement of the co. board chairman and officers and I think this may be the only chance for clubs to say "no - Banty is cat, but there's no way we're endorsing your running of things and your attempt to escape your lion's share of the blame. Anyway, he's your Banty - you're responsible for him as well".

If there was a way to get rid of Banty as well, that'd be great, but we may have to come back for him. He'll hang himself anyway on the results of the next few months.

[Edit - removed senseless question]

GAA_Punter

Live updates from Meath GAA meeting with a huge amount of uncertainty emanating out of the Meath footballing camp, it is hard to know which way tonight's meeting of the county board will go.

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/gaa/101346/

Press F5 or refresh for latest update

20:52pm Lot of people blaming the players and not the management.

20:51pm It seems to be 50-50 on people wanting Banty to say or go.

20:48pm Barney Allen is talking about himself and Cyril Creavin meeting up with the players on two different occasions to discuss the problems within the team.

20:40pm The floor has been opened to delegates to have their say on the matter of "Banty" being in charge. No doubt a lot of people will have thoughts on share. We could be here for hours.

20:30pm There is expected to be a motion put forward to remove current manager Seamus McEnaney from the position and go forward into this summer's All-Ireland campaign with a fresh face in charge.

Shamrock Shore

Some great comments from The Insider

"9:14pm Now they are talking about Eamonn O'Brien's sacking, thats going to solve a lot of problems."

Hardy

43-31. What happens now? Hopefully a motion of no confidence in the executive.

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on April 18, 2012, 09:37:08 PM
43-31. What happens now? Hopefully a motion of no confidence in the executive.
Dissolve the legislature and declare a second Meath republic

agorm