Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Prokhorov

Phil the Thrill 12-1 ew bet to nothing

lurganblue

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 02, 2012, 04:36:12 PM
Except McIlroy I think mick.

I think it does include McIlroy but not at his enchanced 9/1 price

Puckoon

I really don't see anything this year so far that would make me put some money on Jason Day, but then what would I know.

I think outside of the big guns - the best bets include Mahan (2 wins in 2012), Keegan Bradley (multiple top 10 finishes, including at least 2 second places (I'm going of Sunday afternoon memory here)), I'd have a pop at GMAC before I'd pick Day this year. I like watching him and won't be annoyed if he proved me wrong - but I wouldn't be putting any money on him.

I think prior to Tiger winning last week it wouldn't have fazed Rory at all to be in a final pairing with him on Sunday - but Tiger beat a tough field at a very tough course by 6 strokes. He could well be back - and if he is, then these younger players would need to be very very alert.

If Phil can get the putter dialled in a little better this week, he will be in with a serious shout.

Sad that we most likely won't be seeing big Ernie Teeing it up at Augusta.

lurganblue

Only reason I'm going for Day is because of his major form at the end of last year and of course his form round Augusta last year where he very nearly was in a playoff finish.

stephenite

Matt Kuchar has the head on him

BennyHarp

Just done a few each bets with Paddy Power - backed Keegan Bradley, Dustin Johnson and Brandt Snedecker. Hopefully I'll get one of them in contention on Sunday night.
That was never a square ball!!

laoislad

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 04, 2012, 09:14:40 AM
Just done a few each bets with Paddy Power - backed Keegan Bradley, Dustin Johnson and Brandt Snedecker. Hopefully I'll get one of them in contention on Sunday night.
Dustin Johnson has pulled out due to a back injury.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyHarp

Just noticed, cheers. I got a refund from PP. Need to decide on someone else! Hunter Mahan it is then.
That was never a square ball!!

sammymaguire

I have a feeling I am wasting my cash this year as this is all set up for the top 10-12 players to shine but can't help going for some long shots for interest sake to start with and then some more bets on Friday night after the cut.

Gonna go Tiger on the nose for sure, he's back! KJ Choi 66/1, like the man's cool temprament which could certainly suit Augusta, Sergio might squeak a place too @ 60/1, Thomas Bjorn has been pretty solid this season so small stake @ 175/1

But saying that, Donald, Westwood, McIlroy, Mickelson, Rose, Scott, Bradley have got to be the ones to watch!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Orior

If I was a betting man, I would heap money on Keegan, McIlroy and Woods
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gerrykeegan

Peter Hanson
Keegan Bradley
Alvaro Quiroz
Matt Koucher
Martin Laird
Bo Van Pelt

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Gazzler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 04, 2012, 10:39:58 AM
Martin Kaymer ace during practice!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2012/apr/03/martin-kaymer-hole-in-one-golf-video

it didnt look like he hit that from the tee box. It looked more like a chip in than a hole in one.

screenexile

It's a certain hole during the practice rounds that is set up for skimming across the water on to the green. It's pretty cool but not a hole in one really. Vijay did it a few years ago as well!

Rois

What with sweeps, a syndicate between 7 of us and a few of my own outright bets, I feel like I now have money on everyone in this flippin competition.  I even got some random Aussie who won the British Amateur last year - can't be bothered googling his name, as I'm sure I'll remember it if he wins.