Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stibhan

Quote from: charlieTully on December 02, 2012, 11:03:27 PM
Quote from: stibhan on December 02, 2012, 10:58:18 PM
To say that 'off the ball' shite is something that started with Tyrone is absolutely insane regurgitated Free State media shite, and people posting in an Ulster thread should know better than that. The same goes with individual abuse of players because if you haven't witnessed unacceptable abuse at a game from a player or spectator then you're either hard of hearing or hard of remembering.

It's funny how people can laugh at and even mythologise incidents like Páidí Ó Sé striking Dinny Allen and getting a yellow card back in the day, but a general amnesia seems to take place when they see a modern equivalent. That's not to mention the countless things that were either not replayed by the media in those times (less cameras), or even happened before much of the Championship was televised. Blaming one country, or even worse, one player, is plain sour grapes.

bollocks, the end result of the ricey and crew era is the shit that happended today.

So, out of the thousands, possibly over a million players who played GAA at every level before Ricey made his mark in a Tyrone jersey, every single one of them was a gentleman and a scholar in all aspects of his career?

The thing I find funny is that far, far more people have called a player like McMenamin a sc**bag than someone like Paddy Power, whose sole contribution to the game is put a young fella in a coma and end their playing days. Cultural amnesia, I call it.

ONeill

To say that 'off the ball' shite is something that started with Tyrone is absolutely insane regurgitated Free State media shite, and people posting in an Ulster thread should know better than that. The same goes with individual abuse of players because if you haven't witnessed unacceptable abuse at a game from a player or spectator then you're either hard of hearing or hard of remembering.

It's funny how people can laugh at and even mythologise incidents like Páidí Ó Sé striking Dinny Allen and getting a yellow card back in the day, but a general amnesia seems to take place when they see a modern equivalent. That's not to mention the countless things that were either not replayed by the media in those times (less cameras), or even happened before much of the Championship was televised. Blaming one country, or even worse, one player, is plain sour grapes.

bollocks, the end result of the ricey and crew era is the shit that happended today.

And if the racism case is true, who are we blaming for that?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on December 02, 2012, 11:16:05 PM
We wrecked the Shanghai Express in Andytown the day big Tohill saved the point.

Was thinking Fr Ted maybe.

charlieTully

Quote from: ONeill on December 02, 2012, 11:12:10 PM

if its true, probably is, Im sure Cunningham didnt make it up, its the fault of the players who done it, no excuses. wrong plain and simple, my point is the anything goes sledging, verbal abuse started with tyrone and more specfically ricey.

ONeill

In 1988 I was called a lowland sheep-shagging munchie by a Cookstown midfielder. Was he like Moses?

tyssam5

Quote from: charlieTully on December 02, 2012, 11:24:14 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 02, 2012, 11:12:10 PM

if its true, probably is, Im sure Cunningham didnt make it up, its the fault of the players who done it, no excuses. wrong plain and simple, my point is the anything goes sledging, verbal abuse started with tyrone and more specfically ricey.

This makes no sense grammatically or otherwise.

brokencrossbar1

Just watched the game there again. Mickey Mac did strike out but it was an open hand and the no 10 was out of line in starting the row by running up to him and then going down like he was shot. As for the Jamie sending off that is laid directly at McQuillans cowardly door. Jamie reacted to a full hour of abuse without any protection. Both 11 and 6 slid in on him with their knees after he was fouled. The treatment he received was nothing short of scandalous. The general approach of Kilcoo was dreadful, nevermind the allegations, we have been accused of cynicism but what I watched today goes well beyond anything we habe ever been at. The greatest indictment, though, in terms of their play is the simple fact that only 1 starting forward scored a point from play and that wasn't until the 60th minute of the game. They survived on frees, some of which were extremely dubious.

Anyway, simple fact is that our club has now reached double figures and have time to work on ironing out the problems for St Brigids. 

Walter Cronc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 02, 2012, 11:33:52 PM
Just watched the game there again. Mickey Mac did strike out but it was an open hand and the no 10 was out of line in starting the row by running up to him and then going down like he was shot. As for the Jamie sending off that is laid directly at McQuillans cowardly door. Jamie reacted to a full hour of abuse without any protection. Both 11 and 6 slid in on him with their knees after he was fouled. The treatment he received was nothing short of scandalous. The general approach of Kilcoo was dreadful, nevermind the allegations, we have been accused of cynicism but what I watched today goes well beyond anything we habe ever been at. The greatest indictment, though, in terms of their play is the simple fact that only 1 starting forward scored a point from play and that wasn't until the 60th minute of the game. They survived on frees, some of which were extremely dubious.

Anyway, simple fact is that our club has now reached double figures and have time to work on ironing out the problems for St Brigids. 

Are there highlights bcb or did you record it??

Nally Stand

No harm charlie, but either you swallow every piece of horse shit the free state media spouts, or you think football only began in 2003  ::)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 02, 2012, 11:42:51 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 02, 2012, 11:33:52 PM

Are there highlights bcb or did you record it??

Sky plussed her, will have another few viewings during the week.

Walter Cronc

From the Irish Times site.

GAA: The Ulster Council of the GAA has confirmed it will investigate claims that Crossmaglen's Aaron Cunningham was the subject of racist abuse during today's Ulster club football final against Kilcoo. Crossmaglen won the game at the Athletic Grounds with Cunningham alleging afterwards that two Kilcoo players had verbally abused him on separate occasions during the game.

Cunningham, whose father Joey was one of the first black inter-county players, claims he was called a "nigger" and a "Paki" during the match. Reacting to the reports, the Ulster Council said "the GAA is an anti-racist organisation by rule and will not tolerate in the strongest and most emphatic terms racist abuse of any type."

Cunningham spoke to reporters after the match, saying he was disgusted when the abuse started with Crossmaglen well on top after 15 or 20 minutes. "You go out to play football in a good sporting manner, hard-hitting and that, but when race comes into it, I think it's disgusting to be honest," he explained. "I don't want to let it overshadow what has been a good game and a 10th title for us, three-in-a-row and number five for myself. But I feel it has to be said, because what was said has no place on a football pitch."

Cunningham added: "There is no place for it whatsoever. You have the likes of my father, he played football as well. I think he was the first black player to play in Croke Park. Jason Sherlock came through it. I'm sure you could talk to a handful of boys and they've all had some sort of racist abuse. And as I say, it happened out there today and it's absolutely disgusting."

Earlier this year, two footballers from the Duffry Rovers club in Wexford were suspended for two months each after being found guilty of racially abusing Wexford underage dual player Lee Chin.

Shows you the mentality of these 2 morons from Kilcoo. 2 year ban if guilty. Minimum!!

trileacman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 02, 2012, 11:54:14 PM

GAA: The Ulster Council of the GAA has confirmed it will investigate claims that Crossmaglen's Aaron Cunningham was the subject of racist abuse during today's Ulster club football final against Kilcoo. Crossmaglen won the game at the Athletic Grounds with Cunningham alleging afterwards that two Kilcoo players had verbally abused him on separate occasions during the game.

Cunningham, whose father Joey was one of the first black inter-county players, claims he was called a "nigger" and a "Paki" during the match. Reacting to the reports, the Ulster Council said "the GAA is an anti-racist organisation by rule and will not tolerate in the strongest and most emphatic terms racist abuse of any type."

Cunningham spoke to reporters after the match, saying he was disgusted when the abuse started with Crossmaglen well on top after 15 or 20 minutes. "You go out to play football in a good sporting manner, hard-hitting and that, but when race comes into it, I think it's disgusting to be honest," he explained. "I don't want to let it overshadow what has been a good game and a 10th title for us, three-in-a-row and number five for myself. But I feel it has to be said, because what was said has no place on a football pitch."

Cunningham added: "There is no place for it whatsoever. You have the likes of my father, he played football as well. I think he was the first black player to play in Croke Park. Jason Sherlock came through it. I'm sure you could talk to a handful of boys and they've all had some sort of racist abuse. And as I say, it happened out there today and it's absolutely disgusting."

Earlier this year, two footballers from the Duffry Rovers club in Wexford were suspended for two months each after being found guilty of racially abusing Wexford underage dual player Lee Chin.

Shows you the mentality of these 2 morons from Kilcoo. 2 year ban if guilty. Minimum!!

What's his ould lads first name?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Walter Cronc

Quote from: trileacman on December 03, 2012, 12:05:32 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 02, 2012, 11:54:14 PM

GAA: The Ulster Council of the GAA has confirmed it will investigate claims that Crossmaglen's Aaron Cunningham was the subject of racist abuse during today's Ulster club football final against Kilcoo. Crossmaglen won the game at the Athletic Grounds with Cunningham alleging afterwards that two Kilcoo players had verbally abused him on separate occasions during the game.

What's his ould lads first name?

I assume Joey!

get up there

Its like this lads kilcool knew that to have any chance they would have to go were no team went before, And by Jesus they went there. Discusting stuff,

our_fella

Soon they'll be known as Kilkoo Klux Klan GAC!!