Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catchandkick

Great game the Cross v Errigal Ciaran game. What Crossmaglen have, I think, is to play at a fairly even level all through whereas the opposition, like EC today, will raise their game in the first half but be unable to sustain that for the sixty minutes. The typical pattern will be opposition winning first half by 1-3 points maybe, but Cross winning second half by 6-8 something like that.

Don't know how Mark Harte gave McConville MOTM . For me it was between Stephen Kernan, Aaron Kernan or Peter Harte. Marginally, I would go for Stephen Kernan.

Won €60 on a  €20 3/1 double of Crokes-7 and Cross -4 (both evens individually)

All Ireland shaping up to be Crokes ( they will murder Castlehaven, who are terrible) v Ballymun/Portlaoise and Cross v Brigids.

ApresMatch

BennyCake

DuffleKing

Sensible option would be for the clubs to toss for newry or armagh surely?

ardchieftain

Final in 2 weeks time according to what was said on TG4.
Clones ?

theticklemister

dunno how mcconville got motm either. i think he may have scored one from play. i thought either s.kernan or jamie clarke deserved it. mcconville i think looked bemused also!!

SHEEDY

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 18, 2012, 04:11:29 PM

Sensible option would be for the clubs to toss for newry or armagh surely?

agree with that. would surely get a bigger crowd in newry or armagh than taking it to clones.
nil satis nisi optimum

Farneylawd2011

Game will be either in Casment Park or Breffini

DuffleKing

Quote from: Farneylawd2011 on November 18, 2012, 04:55:04 PM
Game will be either in Casment Park or Breffini

You're probably right but that wouldn't make it any more ridiculous

thewobbler

If it's in Newry I will go.

If it's in Armagh I might go.

If it's anywhere else i will do my Xmas shopping instead.

I know I'm only one man but there's got to be an awful lot of folk in the South Down/South Armagh area that feel the same.

our_fella

Jesus thon McGourty fellas really are the scurge of the GAA world. With kevin yapping at the referee when O'Hanlon was bating him, to Kieran lying on the ground looking around when his team-mates were in a scuffle, to the worst, CJ, constantly mouthing and slabbering.. Must say i giggled a little when he fired his boots of the walls in the tunnel after the match.. Wee gypo!

saffron89

on that showing today, just in the door galls as well out of it.  CROSS simply too strong

Dubh driocht

Some result for Kilcoo. For non-Down people, Kilcoo isn't even a cross-roads; it is a church, shop, 2 pubs at either end and a football club. What a club. No hurling, no rugby and definitely no soccer. To get to an Ulster final is some achievement; I suppose the Loup would be a fair comparison- Kilcoo do field 3 senior teams and I reckon there would be very few men between 18 and 40 who haven't played for the club at some stage. Their underage commitment in Down has been the stuff of legend for the last 10 years. Cross are likely to be too strong but the Magpies don't do fear. Fair play to Mc Corry - no time for him but would love to see them do it.

bennydorano

Casement's bound to be a cert?

If things had've clicked for Cross today they would have won that by 10 or more, I thought they were a bit disjointed and made alot of basic errors early on, totally dominated the 2nd half, but never really looked home and hosed until very late on.  A good way to be moving on I suppose, plenty to work on and surely a big ask of Kilcoo in the final.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Dubh driocht on November 18, 2012, 05:26:20 PM
Their underage commitment in Down has been the stuff of legend for the last 10 years.

Its going back much longer than that... yer looking at 20 years!  :)

Great result the day - thats all built on the foundations laid by Gerry Laverty, Gerry Kane, Jerome, Sean-Mick, Marty, big Barney, Sharky, Seamus McClean and many others.

i usse an speelchekor