Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

We could get turned over,, 1/2 with PP but I hope we just win and get to another Ulster final, though Cross have beaten us everytime   :-[
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

emmetryan

Quote from: drici on November 11, 2012, 05:30:40 PM

Sunday 18th November
Semi Finals:
St Galls(Antrim) v Kilcoo Eoghan Rua(Down)   (Athletic Grounds)

Does the bus from Dublin go anywhere near there lads?
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Throw ball

If you are on about Dublin bus going to Armagh it stops at other end of town but would only be a 5 or 10 minute walk to Athletic Grounds. At that time on a Sunday it would be best to walk through the town and avoid mall if you are looking to get directions.

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

armaghniac

you can't take the train anyway, the Morgan Athletic grounds is built on the Armagh - Blayney railway line!

QuoteIf you are on about Dublin bus going to Armagh it stops at other end of town but would only be a 5 or 10 minute walk to Athletic Grounds

there you go http://tinyurl.com/br5mav3
you can head into the COI Cathedral en route, although it was probably busier last Sunday.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2012, 10:41:39 PM
We could get turned over,, 1/2 with PP but I hope we just win and get to another Ulster final, though Cross have beaten us everytime   :-[

Falls Rd spake for a comfortable 6 point win.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

illdecide

I was v disappointed with St Eunan's on Sunday TBH, i thought there were far too many players not able for this level who constantly fumbled the ball and passed straight to the opposition. R Cavanagh was their only real danger man and he was well marshalled but to be fair if you've only one man to worry about in a team like Cross then it's a formality.

I hope Cross win on Sunday being from Armagh but i have a sneaking feeling Errigal might just beat Cross, they have 5-6 exceptional players that Cross have to worry about and they can match Cross physically. If I'm not mistaken i believe Errigal have a fine record against Cross too? Maybe someone can clarify this?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

nrico2006

Who else are Errigal missing apart from Daisy?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rodney trotter

Did St Eunans focus too much on Jamie Clarke, he didn't score anything..

Hard task for them to win their first County title in 6 years, and come back down to earth playing the best Club team in Ireland a week later in the Athletic grounds.

armaghniac

QuoteDid St Eunans focus too much on Jamie Clarke, he didn't score anything..

It certainly indicates the limitations of the theory that if you hold Clarke, you stop Cross. If you could hold Clarke with one man this might be true, but if he draws several defenders then the other forwards will exploit the space. If you put one man on Clarke he'll score some regardless of a good man's efforts, or at least draw frees which is much the same thing with Oisin, TK and AK about.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mackers

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 13, 2012, 10:53:48 AM

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=180793

No prizes for guessing who this was
Article in yesterday's Irish News on this also.....not the first time he got involved in this carry on......will hardly be the last.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Winnie Peg

Come on boys, you forgot that he is from Crossmaglen. Only they are allowed to patrol where they want. They never do anything wrong, they only do what is right.

Throw ball

As an Armagh man not from Cross who was at the match I would say that the Hoganstand story is very onesided. The Eunans joint manager spent more time on the pitch than their number 7! I have no doubt at all that the Cross man in question gave him a mouthful ( and not too pleasant at that) but the Eunans man pushed him a good couple of times before he was pushed back. Would have been a bit of an unfair fight I would think! To be honest I never thought there was much in it from either party and the more interesting bit was the young fella (must have been about 10) who got on the sideline and was going to beat all round him. Due to the colour clash I do not know which team he was with but it did look very funny - although probably shouldn't have.