Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: theticklemister on November 04, 2012, 11:07:37 PM
Great performance by peter harte today. Super player. Got a few late tackles today but just simply got up and dusted himself down and got on with it, I think this might mirror the man as he seems a genuine player on and off the pitch.

Watched him closely today. Superb player. Can speed and slow down play as he see fits. Great at accelerating into the tackle a breaking it. A real joy to watch. Nasty slap by Conway on him at the end but nothing new from that individual.

yellowcard

Quote from: Christmas Lights on November 04, 2012, 10:25:45 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 04, 2012, 08:42:12 PM
My guess would be that McGuckian will be back bursting his balls to get us ready to take on who ever is in the semi with us. The players will take him back no bother andthey are the only people who matter.

Personally, I think its a bit pathetic really.  I think the players should tell McGuckian that thanks for all his help throughout the year and helping lead them to a county final but say no thanks to him returning to training Tuesday night, they can see the rest of the season out themselves.

Its a very odd & awkward situation that a man who was wanting to see them beat today will be back at the reigns next week

I think you have to admire the man for the stand he took and from what I have heard he is man with a lot of integrity who was probably left in a situation he didn't want to be in. If the players accept him back then that's all that matters. If they happened to beat Cross they could be hard to beat

The other semi final is interesting and I think we could see a shock here with Kilcoos defensive system giving St Galls a lot of problems. Kilcoo are a team of grinders with a master tactician in Jim McCorry and I would expect them to beat St Galls.

theticklemister

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 04, 2012, 11:25:12 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on November 04, 2012, 11:07:37 PM
Great performance by peter harte today. Super player. Got a few late tackles today but just simply got up and dusted himself down and got on with it, I think this might mirror the man as he seems a genuine player on and off the pitch.

Watched him closely today. Superb player. Can speed and slow down play as he see fits. Great at accelerating into the tackle a breaking it. A real joy to watch. Nasty slap by Conway on him at the end but nothing new from that individual.

Yes disappointed in conway as a footballer and person in recent years.

rodney trotter

How come Colin Devlin can't make the Derry panel?, always thought he was a good player, suppose to have been good again today.. He was on it a few years ago, but thought he would be a regular, has the talent

theticklemister

Collie is an excellent player and was the only outlet that ballinderry had today. He has been wrecked with injuries in recent years but seems to be over it now and with brian mciver at the helm im sure he'll be nack. Collie must be 25/26.

On that subject im thinking how many bderry boys should be on the county squad for the forthcoming season........

Nevin
Mickey c
R wilkinson
Collie devlin
Gilligan

Harney and conway on todays performance are miles off.

Muldoon and mcguckin have retired

theticklemister

Walter conway was subbed. Did he come on at the end and have a go and harte?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: theticklemister on November 04, 2012, 11:43:43 PM
Collie is an excellent player and was the only outlet that ballinderry had today. He has been wrecked with injuries in recent years but seems to be over it now and with brian mciver at the helm im sure he'll be nack. Collie must be 25/26.

On that subject im thinking how many bderry boys should be on the county squad for the forthcoming season........

Nevin
Mickey c
R wilkinson
Collie devlin
Gilligan

Harney and conway on todays performance are miles off.

Muldoon and mcguckin have retired

Collie Devlin is 27/28 tickle. Yeah wrecked by injuries alright. Loads of talent but maybe a bit light for inter county. In saying that Derry could definitely do with him. For me the Ballinderry men I would be looking at for the county panel would be Nevin, Aaron and Collie Devlin and Sucky bell. Not a fan of Mickey c's kickouts and deets past it!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: theticklemister on November 04, 2012, 11:48:46 PM

It wasn't James that hit him in the back it was Darren.

theticklemister

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 04, 2012, 11:52:56 PM

The badness must run the family!!!!!

Id give sucky bell another year as he still is minor is he not and aaron devlin floats in and out of games too easily to make a breakthrough at county level and needs time to develop physically also. I dont know if he was called up last week or not but still umder 21 and has time to develop. He has been poor in this years derry sfc. Aye I think deets is passed it now, I let my heart rule my head there on that one!! Gilligam is such an honest footballer who gives it his all that I wish more people were like him in the derry squad.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: theticklemister on November 04, 2012, 11:59:45 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 04, 2012, 11:52:56 PM

The badness must run the family!!!!!

Id give sucky bell another year as he still is minor is he not and aaron devlin floats in and out of games too easily to make a breakthrough at county level and needs time to develop physically also. I dont know if he was called up last week or not but still umder 21 and has time to develop. He has been poor in this years derry sfc. Aye I think deets is passed it now, I let my heart rule my head there on that one!! Gilligam is such an honest footballer who gives it his all that I wish more people were like him in the derry squad.

No angel lets just say. Aaron took a very heavy hit early on today. Thought he was excellent in the Derry final though. Gilligan was played out position today. He doesn't have the legs for wing half forward. Sucky is certainly developed enough to play senior football. Just needs to put a solid performance together. Plays in fits and starts. He's young though.

theticklemister

Slaughtneil left aaron devlin in oceans of space on numerous occasions. Errigal did not today. He threw off the slaughtneil mans attention with ease he tried to throw off peter harte on one occasion today and couldnt shake him and lost possession. His best game was the final. Was poor in rest of the games.

Enough talking about the football must hit the hay as im up early in the morn amd dream about derry winning the all ireland......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

regal

It looks like St Galls to lose. They will beat Kilcoo handy enough in the semis and that's them in the final.

It's good to see Errigal going well in ulster as they are the only Tyrone club team with a bit of class running through them. McCrory looks a really good defender, the hartes in the half back line, mcginley in midfield. However, Ballinderry really showed today how crap derry football is at the moment. Cross are there for the taking but I cant see St Eunan's making much off an impact. EC have an outside chance of beating cross but I fancy St Galls to win the final either way.

screenexile

Thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday. As someone alluded to there Ballinderry losing midfield was the cause of their downfall. Muldoon, Conway and Harney weren't mobile enough for Errigal on the ground. Whereas they won the aerial battle in the County final Errigal broke everything and attacked at pace which Ballinderry had problems coping with. Moss McGuckin might have helped had he been brought on earlier.

Muldoon for the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half was immense but Ballinderry blew 2 chances and both fell to Michael McIvor. Having fallen too easily when they were a point down he lost possession when he should have scored and also he then had a chance to kick the winning score but took too long and Peter Harte just got a hand to it. This was crucial and stopped Ballinderry's momentum.

Peter Harte had some last 15 minutes, carrying the ball with poise and making some excellent interceptions. A classy player! Good luck to Errigal against Cross. I fancy it to be a good game but can't see Cross getting beaten!

brokencrossbar1

Fukcing hell lads, let us get to the "dream" semi first before writing us up/shooting us down!!!!  Letterkenny will be hard to beat and there's no way around that.  They have had a run of competitive matches, we have not hd one since the county final.  They are on a high, we are just run of the mill.  Next week is far from a foregone conclusion!

EC Unique

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 05, 2012, 10:23:50 AM
Fukcing hell lads, let us get to the "dream" semi first before writing us up/shooting us down!!!!  Letterkenny will be hard to beat and there's no way around that.  They have had a run of competitive matches, we have not hd one since the county final.  They are on a high, we are just run of the mill.  Next week is far from a foregone conclusion!

I'm not sure about 'run of the mill' BC but you have a point about a lack of games. There is nothing like competitive matches to build a run. Where is the game and what time? I might go for a gander.

If you get through I can see the media/public making more of the game than the 2 teams. Neither will fear the other and it could be a cracker but you boys have a job to do first.