Bród Club

Started by thejuice, March 28, 2012, 03:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Anyone else signed up?

Fair play to Bernard.

I was thinking that something along these lines would be a good idea.It's not going to turn us all into gaelgeoirs but its a good to use it.

Been trying to organise a Gaelige night in the local Irish club. Its a bit more motivation.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Yeah, I know. I feel ashamed.

How was it yer man described people who gave of their time for free like in the GAA?

Gobshites was it?

magpie seanie

I joined up and I think it's a great initiative. I've started to try and use the little bit of gaeilge I have a little more frequently. Beir bua!

lurganblue

Will be signing up for this soon myself. Think it's a great idea really. The programme mentioned an movement to get a number of people in the north fluent for 2015? Anyone know much about this?

5 Sams

Quote from: lurganblue on March 28, 2012, 11:24:36 PM
Will be signing up for this soon myself. Think it's a great idea really. The programme mentioned an movement to get a number of people in the north fluent for 2015? Anyone know much about this?

http://www.dcalni.gov.uk/index/language-cultural-diversity-r08/liofa_introduction.htm
The Aristocrat Years

lurganblue

Tried to sign up to this two days ago. I'm yet to receive my activation email from them. I also tried emailing their help service who of course havent replied. Great set up

fitzroyalty

On a related note I heard on Raidió Uladh this morning that proposed bilingual signage is being shelved by Danny Kennedy citing cost as the main factor (despite there being no cost to the taxpayer). Whatever anyone thinks of the Irish language it's a disgrace that they are so unwilling to provide even token recognition of the indigenous tongue in this part of Ireland.