Michael Murphy Knee Injury

Started by alba2, March 28, 2012, 12:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

I really feel sory for Murphy. At 22 he is probably one of the top 3 players in the country yet he seems to get injury after injury. If they continue you may not see playing at 25. He's a big bulky lad with pace, great qualities for a player but not good for keeping injuries at bay.
I feel even more sorry for Donegal, without Murphy Donegal are possibly a Div.3 side. Even with him they are not a Div.1 team. I'd be worried for Donegal come c/ship.

BennyCake

Was looking forward to seeing Murphy in action next week. I think hes a fantastic player. Although it gives us a better chance of staying in Div 1 while he's injured.

LeoMc

Quote from: donegal_abu on March 28, 2012, 10:28:54 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 28, 2012, 06:59:58 PM
How many operations has that lad had? I'd be worried about his longevity if i was a donegal supporter (and his health)

He has had 5 ops I think. Its obviously burnout. the amount of football he has had to play in last few years is crazy. minor, u-21, reserve, senior for club. minor, u21 and senior county. dcu underage & senior international rules. he is put under too much pressure and its having its toll now. hes a fantastic player but no body can sustain what is put through

I blame the club. Putting Senior County players out in reserve matches is the win at all cost attitude by Managers which are to the detriment of the player.

donegal_abu

Quote from: LeoMc on March 30, 2012, 03:06:09 PM
Quote from: donegal_abu on March 28, 2012, 10:28:54 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 28, 2012, 06:59:58 PM
How many operations has that lad had? I'd be worried about his longevity if i was a donegal supporter (and his health)

He has had 5 ops I think. Its obviously burnout. the amount of football he has had to play in last few years is crazy. minor, u-21, reserve, senior for club. minor, u21 and senior county. dcu underage & senior international rules. he is put under too much pressure and its having its toll now. hes a fantastic player but no body can sustain what is put through

I blame the club. Putting Senior County players out in reserve matches is the win at all cost attitude by Managers which are to the detriment of the player.

I mean playing reserve before he was old enough to play senior for his club. I presume from the day he turned 17 he has been on their senior panel

Denn Forever

Hope they take care of young McBrearty.  How old is he?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

donegal_abu

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 30, 2012, 11:52:58 PM
Hope they take care of young McBrearty.  How old is he?

Paddys just 18. by the times he's Michaels age I fear he could be in the same boat.

Syferus

Quote from: ck on March 30, 2012, 12:28:16 AM
I really feel sory for Murphy. At 22 he is probably one of the top 3 players in the country yet he seems to get injury after injury. If they continue you may not see playing at 25. He's a big bulky lad with pace, great qualities for a player but not good for keeping injuries at bay.
I feel even more sorry for Donegal, without Murphy Donegal are possibly a Div.3 side. Even with him they are not a Div.1 team. I'd be worried for Donegal come c/ship.

Not even close. He's good, but come on.

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on April 02, 2012, 04:45:24 AM
Quote from: ck on March 30, 2012, 12:28:16 AM

Not even close. He's good, but come on.

Was thinking the same.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

CCCP1

Out of curiosity who would peoples top 3 players in the country be. Personally i would have Michael Murphy in there. Also a big fan of Declan O'Sullivan. Thoughts?

nrico2006

Is there really such a thing as a top 3?  There is a best list for each of the main positions - Keepers, defenders, midfielders and forwards.  Then it comes down to the best going by form and the best irrelevant of form.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

donegal_abu

Quote from: CCCP1 on April 02, 2012, 10:24:33 AM
Out of curiosity who would peoples top 3 players in the country be. Personally i would have Michael Murphy in there. Also a big fan of Declan O'Sullivan. Thoughts?

so hard to choose just 3  but i would have the gooch, murphy & galvin i think. very hard to choose though. would be easier to choose 3 defenders, 3 forwards 2 midfield

screenexile

Paddy Bradley and Stephen O'Neill would have to be considered in any list of top forwards in the country, as well as Bernard Brogan!

Syferus

Gooch is head and shoulders the best attacking player currently playing, to the point he's made a case for being the greatest forward of all-time.

Armaghgael

I would have Jamie Clarke a head of Murphy
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Denn Forever

Quote from: screenexile on April 02, 2012, 11:39:52 AM
Paddy Bradley and Stephen O'Neill would have to be considered in any list of top forwards in the country, as well as Bernard Brogan!

Don't forget S Johnson.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...