Armagh vs Donegal - Sunday 8th April 2012

Started by Armaghgeddon, March 25, 2012, 04:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

I think we've made considerable progress, regardless of what happens on Sunday. This side are nothing special, talent-wise, comapred to other Donegal side over the past ten years. Just a lot more focus, belief, fitness and organization. And in the past, 2003 AI semi aside, we've played an open, traditional game against Armagh and got hammered physically. Just not sure we'll make much headway against Armagh without Murphy, especially if the other two boys are not firing on all cylinders or even not playing. Now part of my pessimism is just fatalism after years of frustration and humiliation, but its also down to missing our lynchpin player. He's not someone we can replace. Hopefully the boys will step up though and the heads won't drop if Armagh get on top. They've had plenty of good comebacks over the past year.

regal

There is something about beating Donegal which is always very satisfying. You just couldn't beat them hard enough and often enough. However, Donegal without Murphy is a severe handicap. I hope McBrearty plays because he really looks like another exceptional talent - another tough test lies ahead for Donaghy.

Santino

Agent Orange

Shortso79

Can you listen to Radio Ulster MW 1341 on the net ?

brokencrossbar1

Shortso79

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 08, 2012, 02:13:34 PM
Quote from: Shortso79 on April 08, 2012, 01:57:21 PM
Can you listen to Radio Ulster MW 1341 on the net ?

Not sure but you can get it here on Highland radio

http://www.highlandradio.com/listen-live/

Cheers - looked all over the net - but no luck

Unable to make the journey today

donegal lad

by the sounds of things donegal are wasting a lot of ball and are still only 1 point behind will be a case of who wants it more now in these final 15 minutes

stew

Feck me, we are a point down and Clarke just missed a goal chance from an acute angle, all we need is a draw, c'mon Armagh.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

donegal lad

last 5 minutes donegal 1 point ahead playing ok by the sounds of it consider there is no murphy

stew

last minute, two points down and we need Clarke to put one in the net in the next two minutes.  :'(

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"

stew

Gutted.
Fair play to Donegal, they played their guts out in that second half and would not be denied, we had our opportunities but wasted a lot of frees and we had two great goal chances and failed to take either of them.

It was a roller coaster ride again this year in the league but we can take heart from the fact that this campaign brought some players along.

tonto1888

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians