Mahon tribunal findings into political corruption.

Started by rossie mad, March 22, 2012, 10:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossie mad

I know alot of this is stuff we already know but just reading some of the findings on rte and bertie and p fylnn not coming out at all smelling well.

An Gaeilgoir

Liam Lawlor (found to be corrupt)
Bould Bertie (found to be untrue,but not corrupt)
P Flynn ( wrong and corrupt).

Its time the 2 boyos were investigated by CAB, brought before the courts and stripped of all their pensions and perks, some chance! Over to you Michael Martin, show us how big your mickey is!!

rossie mad

Some of this stuff is crazy.
Men getting party donations and keeping it for themselves.
Donations as big as 50,000 punt back in the nineties.That was some donation back then.Would that equate to 200k in todays value taking all factors into consideration.

I know this is probably a stupid question but is there any liklihood that any criminal proceedings will be brought against some of these clowns?

Rossfan

Sure it's only confirming what we all knew or suspected all along  - that the FF/Builder/Developer mafia  milked us for decades until the banks finally gave them so much rope they hung us and themselves.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2012, 11:03:06 AM
Sure it's only confirming what we all knew or suspected all along  - that the FF/Builder/Developer mafia  milked us for decades until the banks finally gave them so much rope they hung us and themselves.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

At come the next election, probably over 20% of the people will still give them their #1 vote, electing the likes of the recently almost-elected-president, Sean Gallagher  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Declan

Quote"Much of the explanation provided by Mr Ahern as to the source of the substantial funds identified and inquired into in the course of the Tribunal's public hearings was deemed by the Tribunal to have been untrue," the report concluded.

So I can now call him a liar as well  :D :D

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on March 22, 2012, 11:01:15 AM
A man can't win a few bob on the horses without being hauled up before a tribunal.

Shamrock Shore

So.

Pee Flynn is corrupt. Bertie's evidence was fanciful and basically untrue.

Hmmmm - both will probably need deep pockets as the Tribunal will surely refuse to pay their legal fees. Berties legendary luck on the horses will need to run and run.

Denn Forever

Quotebertie and p fylnn not coming out at all smelling well.

Won't matter.  Remember CJH is still revered by many in FF.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Declan

Main Street

Bould Bertie was not found to be not corrupt

The Mahon tribunal 'could not rule out or establish any basis in the allegations that Mr Ahern had been paid off by a developer'.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Main Street on March 22, 2012, 11:25:03 AM

Bould Bertie was not found to be not corrupt

The Mahon tribunal 'could not rule out or establish any basis in the allegations that Mr Ahern had been paid off by a developer'.

The facts could not be established that we was corrupt, therefore not guilty of corruption. CJH was right "he is the cuteist of them all".

magpie seanie

What action can be taken against a man who lied to a tribunal he set up?

I was in the RDS the night Ahern "distanced himself" from Haughey with his famous - no place in the party for people who take payments (paraphrased) speech. This is why Ahern is way worse in my book, he is a complete hypocrite on top of everything else. Haughey didn't fcuk the country up for generations either, for all his mistakes he got the economy sorted eventually.

Tony Baloney

Did the boul' Bertie not call for Liam Lawlor's head saying that his behaviour cheapened politics?  :o

Is the timeline as follows:
FF illegally accept bribes for planning permission from developers who then borrow money that the banks dont actually have and that the developers probably will not be able to pay back to build houses and flats on the land that the public take out mortgages on that they cant afford?

armaghniac

QuoteMust be some revenue implications as well?

Bertie has already had to sort out the Revenue, having admitted to receiving the loot.

QuoteHaughey didn't fcuk the country up for generations either, for all his mistakes he got the economy sorted eventually.

Haughey set the tone for all this. I do not believe that Lemass or Lynch were corrupt. CJH ruined the country in the early 80s and then partly redeemed himself at the end of the 80s. The economy today will be sorted eventually too, the main problem now is the poor international environment.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B