Partitionist abuse - The poison of the meeja?

Started by whiskeysteve, March 21, 2012, 02:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 21, 2012, 06:37:18 PM
Quote from: Benny Sweeney on March 21, 2012, 06:21:23 PM
Its a terrible victim complex that people from the six counties have. Why is though? why are you attention whores all the time? your worst then PETA.

Occupied by Britain then betrayed & forgotten about about by our own, I suppose

By our own? how do you mean?

Benny Sweeney

Here is my take on it. People from the six counties are like women with PMT. Your walking on egg shells around for fear of saying something that might upset them. They are forever looking for the opportunity to take offence. Grow up a bit, in a few generations that victim complex might be gone...................hopefully.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on March 21, 2012, 06:45:25 PM
Here is my take on it. People from the six counties are like women with PMT. Your walking on egg shells around for fear of saying something that might upset them. They are forever looking for the opportunity to take offence. Grow up a bit, in a few generations that victim complex might be gone...................hopefully.

I'll say nothing about the complex rampant in the 26 ;)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 21, 2012, 06:54:22 PM

Judging by yours and Ulicks postings on the Presidential thread your about as partitionist as they come. So my question is why do you care?

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19419.msg1035597#msg1035597

Nally Stand

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on March 21, 2012, 06:57:36 PM

Judging by yours and Ulicks postings on the Presidential thread your about as partitionist as they come. So my question is why do you care?

Again, I'll say nothing...(other than to inform you that I am not Ulick).
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 21, 2012, 07:00:14 PM

I am just trying to bring some peace to you. You cant live life angry.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on March 21, 2012, 07:04:06 PM

You talking to me or ulick?

Ulick

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on March 21, 2012, 07:04:06 PM

Benny where in any of my posts can you say that I'm in any way "upset" by anything the Free State media says or does or anyone else from the 26 counties? I'm assuming that's what you mean by "walking on eggshells". Fire away with anything you want to say big lad, I promise not to get upset.

armaghniac

QuoteBy our own? how do you mean?

That would be the likes of you. We actually think we have something in common with you, oddly enough.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ulick

Quote from: trileacman on March 21, 2012, 05:06:37 PM
Quote from: Ulick on March 21, 2012, 04:37:51 PM
Quote from: trileacman on March 21, 2012, 03:45:24 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 21, 2012, 03:14:18 PM
Sure you only have to look back to the lead up to the 2003 All-Ireland Final. Because it was two Ulster teams in the final, the southern media were warning that it was going to be a blood bath in Croke Park, with the two teams tearing lumps out of each other during the game and the supporters battering each other in the stands.

Care to prove that with any links? Or are you too adding extreme hyperbole to make a point? Men in glass houses Ziggy.

Ziggys correct. I remember well the Free State  media hysteria because two northern teams made the final and there were indeed calls for segregation. The press archives aren't available online for free but a quick Google turned up this passing reference in an archive copy of the Donegal Times.

http://www.donegaltimes.com/2003/09_1/sport.html
"Move aside Armagh and Tyrone for the moment - we have our enactment here in Donegal in the shape of the U-14 championship decider between neighbours Naohm Naille and Four Masters. Scheduled for Mc Cumhaill Park on the week-end of September 13th/14th (check fixture list), this contest has all the ingredients of being a closely contested affair. There will be no lavish press nights - no mention of segregating rival fans - no stress levels associated with demand for tickets and hopefully no planned garda excort for match officials, and yet the game takes on even more importance than any All-Ireland for those involved. "

That's your media hysteria? A throw-away comment in the Donegal Times discussing the 2003 U-14 final?

Sure Jaysus you've just pointed out that the entire anti-northern sentiment is originating from the diehard followers of the Donegal U-14 championship. I think we've found the problems lads.

trileacman, if I had the time of inclination I'm sure I could dig up lots of references to the feeding frenzy around the two northern teams in the '03 final. There was quite a bit of discussion about it on this Board as well but to be honest I couldn't give a flying one as it was a day to forget.

haranguerer

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 21, 2012, 05:26:59 PM
Quote from: trileacman on March 21, 2012, 05:20:54 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on March 21, 2012, 05:19:03 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 21, 2012, 05:13:31 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 21, 2012, 05:06:04 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 21, 2012, 05:04:22 PM
Quote from: Ulick on March 21, 2012, 04:20:34 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 21, 2012, 03:48:44 PM
I refer you to John Hume and Seamus Heaney.

I'll raise you an Austin Currie. I fail to see how he could be confused with a Sinn Feiner yet was still on the receiving end of all the abuse mentioned here both as a TD and when he ran for Presidency.

I think most of the abuse Austin Currie got was for being a joke candidate.

Nally Stand - a series of anecdotes like "a yob shouted ..." or "some Dublin supporters yelled ..." is hardly a sociological thesis. They're football supporters, FFS. And don't expect anyone here to defend Micheál Martin.

However, lads, far be it from me to deprive you of your self pity. If it makes you feel better, we hate you all. Why do you care if you hate us so much?

Ahh, ffs Hardy, don't hate me, I am not a hand wringing whinge?

Ah I should have clarified that. We hate you all, except John Hume, Seamus, Georgie, Van, Canavan, Barry ... and Brokencrossbar, Oisín, Joe ...

As a matter of fact everyone should consider this thread open for application to be added to the exception list. Olly is hereby elected by acclamation. Some others need not apply. You know who you are.
Barry is from fcukin Monaghan you eejit. :)

Well then it's Barry who is confused and not Hardy.
Nah Barry always say's hes from Clones, sure he hasn't lost the accent.

That was way over your head, wasnt it??  :)

In fairness to him he lived just over the border in fermanagh for long periods, incl when he won the world title if I'm not mistaken

haranguerer

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 21, 2012, 06:26:51 PM
Quote from: trileacman on March 21, 2012, 03:46:53 PM
Well could you not same the same about the North the as regards it's anti-Southern sentiment? I mean someone from the South living in the North is bound to encounter a degree of it, some of them would encounter quite alot of it if they lived in the wrong area.

I'm not saying there is no anti-northern setiment in the republic, but the trouble is so many Northerns think that a United Ireland means the Southern population becomes just like us instead if us becoming more like them.

I'm sure there's anti-Southern sentiment in the North. Some areas for obvious reasons but the free stater comments come from a sense of betrayal which if we're honest isn't unjustified.
If there was a vote in the South to end partition it would be a lot closer than people expect.

?? What way?

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: haranguerer on March 21, 2012, 07:50:36 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on March 21, 2012, 06:26:51 PM
Quote from: trileacman on March 21, 2012, 03:46:53 PM
Well could you not same the same about the North the as regards it's anti-Southern sentiment? I mean someone from the South living in the North is bound to encounter a degree of it, some of them would encounter quite alot of it if they lived in the wrong area.

I'm not saying there is no anti-northern setiment in the republic, but the trouble is so many Northerns think that a United Ireland means the Southern population becomes just like us instead if us becoming more like them.

I'm sure there's anti-Southern sentiment in the North. Some areas for obvious reasons but the free stater comments come from a sense of betrayal which if we're honest isn't unjustified.
If there was a vote in the South to end partition it would be a lot closer than people expect.

?? What way?

I would vote no.

haranguerer

And I'd say you'd not be alone, even on this board, which, being connected with an all-ireland organsiation which promotes irish unity, would be skewed towards unification. So we can only imagine what the rest of the country would be like.

When the vote comes it'll be grand as long as its timed ok though, Liam Neeson can play Gerry Adams in 'The Troubles' (by Hollywood) and we'll romp home

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: haranguerer on March 21, 2012, 08:04:12 PM
And I'd say you'd not be alone, even on this board, which, being connected with an all-ireland organsiation which promotes irish unity, would be skewed towards unification. So we can only imagine what the rest of the country would be like.

When the vote comes it'll be grand as long as its timed ok though, Liam Neeson can play Gerry Adams in 'The Troubles' (by Hollywood) and we'll romp home

The GAA is a sporting organisation. It is NOT political.