Armagh team for the Championship

Started by eriugaMS, March 18, 2012, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

morgan was at county training last nught which to me is an indication that the management would like to see him in a competitive game, this sunday

Armamike

Morgan deserves his chance based on his excellent club performances this year, doing very well against some of the game's top forwards.  Other players have been given plenty of game time this year and haven't overly impressed so they can have no complaints if he's thrown right in there on Sunday.  Himself at CB and McKenna moved to HB would be worth a try.
That's just, like your opinion man.

regal

Quote from: naka on April 04, 2012, 12:59:18 PM
morgan was at county training last nught which to me is an indication that the management would like to see him in a competitive game, this sunday

That's fantastic to hear.... do you know if any of the other Cross lads were there?

naka

clarke, morgan and tony kernan
ak will be there on thursday i heard

i understand that sk, mc kenna and cunningham arent joining panel but might be wrong
hanratty and hearty are but he might not be about til after sunday

armaghranger12

Hoganstand.com

Three of Crossmaglen's stars have returned to county training with Armagh.

Orchard County manager Paddy O'Rourke intimated yesterday that he wasn't expecting any of the All-Ireland club winning party to rush back to intercounty training but he has received a welcome boost with Jamie Clarke, Tony Kernan and James Morgan all having participated in last night's training session.

All three come straight into the reckoning to feature against Donegal at Ballybofey on Sunday.

Paul Hearty, Aaron Kernan and Johnny Hanratty have also been invited back and will rejoin the squad at a future date, while David McKenna, Stephen Kernan, Aaron Cunningham and Paul McKeown have been overlooked.

Armamike

Quote from: naka on April 04, 2012, 02:08:42 PM
clarke, morgan and tony kernan
ak will be there on thursday i heard

i understand that sk, mc kenna and cunningham arent joining panel but might be wrong
hanratty and hearty are but he might not be about til after sunday

Shame about the 3 ones above plus McKeown not joining the panel or being asked to. Each of them would strengthen the panel considerably imo.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Applesisapples

Stephen Kernan, McKeown and Cunningham have not been invited onto the Armagh panel according to the IN, if that's the case particularly with Cunningham and Kernan then its an absolute disgrace.

naka

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 04, 2012, 03:14:27 PM
Stephen Kernan, McKeown and Cunningham have not been invited onto the Armagh panel according to the IN, if that's the case particularly with Cunningham and Kernan then its an absolute disgrace.
not sure whether some declined or were not invited, don`t always believe the irish news

regal

I'm surprised / disappointed that Cunningham hasn't been asked (or persuaded) to join the panel. Paul McKeown is certainly worth his place in the squad but would probably not be a starter. I dont think either SKernan or McKenna would add much to be honest.

This is probably the price the Cross players pay for their magnificent club achievements and the fact that they aren't available until the league is almost over

mackers

Did somebody not suggest that Aaron Cunningham had gave an interview that he was looking a break?
As other posters have said, I'd hold fire on whether their non-appearance is  a "disgrace" or not. SK mightn't be busting himself to get on the panel with PG now part of the management. I'd heard D McKenna was carrying an injury, although I get a feeling he's not overly enthused about playing county football.
Wouldn't lambast the management until all the facts are known
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

JP

In fairness there's a limited number of places on the squad. It would be unfair for the lads that got us this far in the league to then  be  dropped for the final game. I think 3 Cross lads is a fair number for the Donegal match. With more coming in for the Tyrone game.

stew

Quote from: mackers on April 04, 2012, 03:51:21 PM
Did somebody not suggest that Aaron Cunningham had gave an interview that he was looking a break?
As other posters have said, I'd hold fire on whether their non-appearance is  a "disgrace" or not. SK mightn't be busting himself to get on the panel with PG now part of the management. I'd heard D McKenna was carrying an injury, although I get a feeling he's not overly enthused about playing county football.
Wouldn't lambast the management until all the facts are known

Joe put his kids interests in front of the County whilst he was county manager, some of them played when there were better options and I am glad he went, Grimley was stabbed in the back by Kernan and if Stephen kernan has a problem with Grimley he should try and work it out with him or stick to playing for Cross, we need Grimley more.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Applesisapples

I'm not convinced we need Grimley more. If there is an issue then as manager Grimley should make the moves. I did say if it was the case that SK and Cunningham are being overlooked for the championship then it is a disgrace. I don't accept the point about Joe putting the kids first. And I don't know what transpired between Joe and Grimley so I can't comment.

DuffleKing

We're back to opinions again but I don't think cunningham is at this level. Crossmaglen wouldn't consider him a key player. Sk should certainly be approached but the pull to play for your county should be stronger than anything and should rule out running after anyone

armaghniac

QuoteJoe put his kids interests in front of the County whilst he was county manager, some of them played when there were better options and I am glad he went,

How do you say that? AK clearly is a top class player. Not everyone was convinced about SK, but his position hasn't been claimed by anyone else, so where are these clearly better options? POR is now sending for TK, we might have won in Laois if we had someone to knock over frees. And I don't think Joe played PK.

SK might not wish to play for Armagh, which is hardly surprising given some of the comments about him previously.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B