Mayo vs Donegal

Started by sans pessimism, March 12, 2012, 07:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sans pessimism

Mayo need the points but it wont be easy.Hopefully Cil will make
an appearance,as things are a little flat up front,with Andy ploughing a lone furrrow
at the moment
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

J70

I assumed this would be a home game for Donegal as I thought they'd two home ones left.

Regardless, its a must win for us too! Very poor yesterday by all accounts, Murphy excepted.

ross4life

Says on GAA.ie it's in Ballyshannon with the Martin Duffy as ref. If Mayo U-21s win on Wed (and they are expected to win) it's unlikely O'Connor will play in this game.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RMDrive

The game is in Ballyshannon.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2012, 08:15:33 PM
Says on GAA.ie it's in Ballyshannon with the Martin Duffy as ref. If Mayo U-21s win on Wed (and they are expected to win) it's unlikely O'Connor will play in this game.

No guarantees with the U-21s winning either. But this is a must win game to avoid a relegation scrap with Cork, Dublin and Kerry coming up after this one. I can't see Mayo taking too much out of those three games to be honest.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Or this one for that matter. It ll be interesting to see how we fare against another massed defence. If Sunday is anything to go by we ll struggle again - especially if our forwards are the same.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on March 13, 2012, 11:01:05 AM

Or this one for that matter. It ll be interesting to see how we fare against another massed defence. If Sunday is anything to go by we ll struggle again - especially if our forwards are the same.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.
No disrespect to James or any of his crew but I don't see Mayo racking up a high score.
Best hope is that the defence keeps the Donegal forwards (forward?) pinned down and we might get the same sort of result as the Dubs got against them in the championships last year
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2012, 08:15:33 PM

Will we allow ourselves to be relegated to prioritise the U-21s?
MWWSI 2017

moysider

I d say opinion is divided on this one. Do we have a big enough panel to play league games without the U21s? Most would only consider COC and Kirby as senior options anyway.

Then there is 'its only the league' spin on things. Would relegation be a disaster?

I m not sure what my position is to be honest. The last couple of U21 years were a bit of a mess and it will be interesting to see if Wednesday night is better. On the other hand a senior county side should be able to introduce players into a side with a good shape/system. And we have a big panel - a month ago we thought we had serious options in the forwards. However at the moment it is difficult to understand what exactly the forwards are trying to achieve the way they are set up.

seafoid

How do Mayo posters think the u21s will do agin Galway on Wednesday?

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: seafoid on March 13, 2012, 03:46:01 PM

jesus Christ there is an Connacht under 21 thread. Jesus wept.

muppet

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on March 13, 2012, 03:57:13 PM

There is also a religion thread.
MWWSI 2017

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on March 13, 2012, 03:57:13 PM

Slight overreaction there.

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on March 13, 2012, 03:37:43 PM

I d say opinion is divided on this one. Do we have a big enough panel to play league games without the U21s? Most would only consider COC and Kirby as senior options anyway.

Then there is 'its only the league' spin on things. Would relegation be a disaster?

I m not sure what my position is to be honest. The last couple of U21 years were a bit of a mess and it will be interesting to see if Wednesday night is better. On the other hand a senior county side should be able to introduce players into a side with a good shape/system. And we have a big panel - a month ago we thought we had serious options in the forwards. However at the moment it is difficult to understand what exactly the forwards are trying to achieve the way they are set up.

would it be the Donegal catenaccio ? 

ross4life

Quote from: moysider on March 13, 2012, 03:37:43 PM

I'll be surprised if Mayo get relegated if they do it wouldn't be a disaster as for me little difference between the top two divisions & looking at Kildare,Tyrone etc playing in a so called lower level won't affect them come championship time.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open