Galway v Tyrone - Tuam, 18/03/12 @ 2:30pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 12, 2012, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Decent enough team out. Good blend of youth and experience. Only players who'd be close to certain to start if fit that are missing are Gormley, McMahon and O'Neill. Doubts surround the fitness off all three though. Joe and O'Neill really struggle to get a run at it. Would say its a stronger team than last week.

Fuzzman

What's wrong with Joe? He seems to get a lot of injuries. Does nobody know about Davy or is it a big secret? McNabb must be glad to get another start and I bet Sean O'Neill is cursing himself now.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 15, 2012, 08:59:48 PM
What's wrong with Joe? He seems to get a lot of injuries. Does nobody know about Davy or is it a big secret? McNabb must be glad to get another start and I bet Sean O'Neill is cursing himself now.

Joe McMahon has tendinitis of the knee apparently, like Justin he is prone to injury.

Davy Harte is out injured, think he had an operation a while back.

McNabb is a very good player, most people forget he was actually captain on the 2008 minor team so that gives an indication of his pedigree.

God14

Good strong team out, without question. Pleased that Mathew Donnelly has been reinstated now that he is fit again. In the past when a young fella has been doing well and then picked up an injury - he would struggle to get back into the team. But id have a fit Mattie Donnely in my starting IV every day. Good player...best suited to the full forward line but has been effective at 10/12 too.

Hard to see a way back for Davy Harte at this stage. McCarron & McCaul are well ahead of him at this stage. Both flying fit. Add in the likes of Sean O'Neill & Mc Nabb, possibly Carlin too... you'd have to say there are about 5 men ahead of him now in the battle for the wing back positions. McNally from Coalisland in there too.

Also glad to see common sense has prevailed as regards Joe & SON. No point rushing these men, especially in a league campain is going well. 3 points from the last 3 games and we are promoted.

Hoping for a good test on Sunday, and I think we'll get it from Galway too.

One last question - i dont know much about the sub who came on last week McNulty. Big fella he is too. Any lads on here any opinions as to his best position, strengths etc?

nrico2006

Good to see Cavanagh back at Midfield, hopefully him and Murphy can put up a good showing.  Would like to have seen Lafferty get a start too.  Is Ronan O'Neill simply further down the sub list alphabetically?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

God14

Nrico,
Ronan O'Neill & Conor Clarke are on under 21 duty again next weds night

bustsummoves

The way Conor Clarke played he might not be

Fuzzman

Why, was he poor Bust?
Do you think he won't make the team then come summer?

Bar Davey, is there nobody else who hasn't featured yet so far this year?

I missed the Derry game but was it Carlin who marked PB well that day?
A lot of people would have said to me in the past Carlin tends to push forward well but tends to make silly mistakes and give the ball away a lot.

everymanaman

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 16, 2012, 02:33:19 PM
Why, was he poor Bust?
Do you think he won't make the team then come summer?

Bar Davey, is there nobody else who hasn't featured yet so far this year?

I missed the Derry game but was it Carlin who marked PB well that day?
A lot of people would have said to me in the past Carlin tends to push forward well but tends to make silly mistakes and give the ball away a lot.

Carlin marked Bradley all right.(despite what some might have read in the Ulster Herald) Come the summer I don't think Clarke will feature. I am slightly worried that Davy Harte will feature in the cship

ziggysego

Bit of a long shot, but is this game being streamed online anywhere?
Testing Accessibility

Put A Name On Er

Can anyone tell me a radio station or website that i could listen to the game live??

Whishtup

omagh_gael

any chance someone could stick up regular scores

CK_Redhand

Galway 0-04 Tyrone 0-5
26 mins gone, from Galway Bay fm