Dublin v Armagh Sunday 11th March

Started by Orior, March 08, 2012, 11:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: BennyCake on March 09, 2012, 01:16:25 PM
Quote from: Keane on March 09, 2012, 01:03:23 PM
What do people think of the shake up around the middle third? No Vernon?

Vernon is over-rated. Has one good game every 10. A bit like Marsden was. I don't rate Lavery highly, but I'm interested to see how he gets on.

absolute and utter bollocks

Scarface

I think Armagh could have done with the likes of Vernon on today. They were totally overrun and could not cope with the physicality of Dublin either. Poor show. Some of the lads on looked like kids which in fairness they probably are...:)

under the bar

Antrim and Fermanagh moving in the right direction while Armagh look every bit as bad as anytime under O'Rourke's tenure to date.

Will the Championship witness Armagh being confirmed as the new toilet-brush of Ulster football??

Captain Obvious

Not a game Armagh was expecting to win just need to get the required points to say up now.

Ulick

Think this needs merged with the WTF thread.

EC Unique

rrhf

I think that its time for joe kernan to save armagh football.  He's the only man capable of getting that team going again. Would be great if it was in time for the championship.

heffo

Very impressed with Dublin. Lots of great performances - nice to finally see Jonny Cooper get a late run and get two points from wing back and Connolly was top class again.

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on March 11, 2012, 08:32:55 PM
It is maybe unfair to judge Armagh when they are without the Crossmaglen players. It's nearly half their team.

How many will start come championship? Hearty, Clarke,, Kernan?

Dublin missing Cluxton, O'Sullivan, Nolan, Bastick, Cullen, Cahill, McMenamin & B Brogan from AI team.

TacadoirArdMhacha

It is maybe unfair to judge Armagh when they are without the Crossmaglen players. It's nearly half their team.

Two Cross players are sure of their places.

Utterly humiliating stuff, pathetic. The only positive to take from the day is that no one on here reacted to the WUM on the last page. Dublin waltzed through our defence today, scoring at will. Was that the most immobile midfield ever to begin a Division 1 match? Lavery is a decent player but needs to be paired alongside someone who will do his running for him. Gavin McParland, Colm Watters and possibly Mal Mackin the only players to emerge with any credit. Just a match to write off, Dublin were bigger, fitter and stronger.

We now face Laois with both sides coming off a hiding.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

squire_in_navy_slacks

Hardluck today armagh buckos, that performance certainly wasnt a true reflection of your potential............................. the 2 early goals killed the game

Maguire01

Quote from: under the bar on March 11, 2012, 06:45:27 PM
Antrim and Fermanagh moving in the right direction while Armagh look every bit as bad as anytime under O'Rourke's tenure to date.

Will the Championship witness Armagh being confirmed as the new toilet-brush of Ulster football??
You can hardly compare Fermanagh and Antrim in divisions 3 and 4, with Armagh in division 1!
Armagh were brutal today, but i'd imagine Fermanagh or Antrim could have fared much worse.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: hardstation on March 11, 2012, 08:45:30 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 11, 2012, 08:38:13 PM

How many will start come championship? Hearty, Clarke,, Kernan?

Dublin missing Cluxton, O'Sullivan, Nolan, Bastick, Cullen, Cahill & B Brogan from AI team.
Well that's hard to say. The Armagh boys had that debate on here the other week and it ranged from about 3 to 8.
James Morgan is a shoo in as well. No Stevie McDonnell either.

Dublin have a lot more strength in depth than them, there is no doubt.

You can't say James Morgan is a "shoo in" for Armagh when he's never played for the county. It looks like we'll probably just have to throw him in against Tyrone due to lack of other options but this is the problem which Crossmaglen's success and the scheduling of the club championship causes Armagh - we don't get a chance to experiment with players like Morgan, McKenna, Cunningham, Hanratty etc in the McKenna Cup and League.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

lawnseed

worst armagh display since derry kicked them out of the old athletic grounds many years ago. embarrassing to say the least. you could see even from before the game they were simply not up for it and who's fault is that. this year unless I'm way of the mark is going to be a fukn disaster which begs the question why should hard pressed clubs fund this charade. i think theres still time to get rid of 'homer' o rourke and get someone in who has an inkling of football management, there are better football managers looking after teams in the armagh reserves.
armagh dont have a midfield! which is why the defence were completely overun today. young mckenna.. ::) where is kingham playing.. ::) is there a way of cloning mal mackin... wtfs going on?? route one football into two youngsters being marked by four huge backs?? a goal keeper hoofing the ball to mid-field where armagh never won a ball in 70mins of football?? he might aswell have kicked it over his own crossbar, a manager standing watching and does nothing about it. i saw joe kernan walk round the pitch and give hearty a good fukn off for this during a match. i dread to think what the score might have been had both brogans being on the pitch although bernard may have went for points. on the plus side gavin mcparland is good and thats about it.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Main Street

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on March 11, 2012, 08:48:19 PM
Hardluck today armagh buckos, that performance certainly wasnt a true reflection of your potential............................. the 2 early goals killed the game
You're way too well mannered to be a Dub.