Joseph Kony

Started by southdown, March 08, 2012, 07:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Gazzler

Sick to the teeth reading about it on Twitter and Facebook.

southdown

Then the campaign has clearly worked

ballinaman

30 minute video and people become social activists. Would sicken your hole. I'd say Bush wish he did a video in 2001 on Saddam.

Same people are sharing the link and going out buying these posters to put them up on the night April 20th.....probably stepping over a homeless person while they are doing it.

The Gs Man

"Slack-tivism".......sitting at a computer thinking you're Che Guevara.
Keep 'er lit

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Gs Man on March 08, 2012, 08:39:47 PM
"Slack-tivism".......sitting at a computer thinking you're Che Guevara.
The gaaboard is full of it!

Nearly 40 million views on youtube.

thejuice

Fair play to him, you can't say he hasn't made a difference to peoples lives for the better.

And he is right about how that sort of social network based activism is changing the way things work and influencing government.

Surely people should be able to see the potential this has for future politics. Not enough just to vote every four years and expect things to go your way.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

GalwayBayBoy

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Gazzler on March 08, 2012, 07:49:05 PM
Sick to the teeth reading about it on Twitter and Facebook.

You're not the only one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thejuice

Hmmmm, I'm usually more cynical about these things.

So what's really going on then?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ballinaman

Team America - World Police. Sticking their noses where they don't belong for decades! f**k yea!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: thejuice on March 08, 2012, 09:53:40 PM
Hmmmm, I'm usually more cynical about these things.

So what's really going on then?

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/

southdown

As sick to the teeth as people may be of it, can you really disagree with trying to stop the man causing more harm???? Its easy to slag off but I think what their doing is great.  So many cynics on here criticising people trying to make a difference.

Declan

Well it got my teenage son talking about it and got him looking into the whole issue of child soldiers etc so if it helps him and his mates to try and do something positive I'm all for it

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Declan on March 09, 2012, 09:29:18 AM
Well it got my teenage son talking about it and got him looking into the whole issue of child soldiers etc so if it helps him and his mates to try and do something positive I'm all for it

Ditto in our house but the more I watched it the more cynical I became about the motive behind it.