Laois v Armagh - NFL Round 5 - Sunday 18th March

Started by BennyCake, March 06, 2012, 10:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

The Boy Wonder

Joint Statement by Armagh and Laois County Boards
22 March 2012
The statement reads:
"A meeting of representatives of Armagh and Laois County Boards took place today to discuss last Sunday's Allianz League Football game in O'Moore Park, Portlaoise.
It was agreed that allegations made by Armagh County Board in their statement do not accurately reflect what occurred in O'Moore Park.
It is acknowledged by both Boards that inappropriate verbal exchanges took place between players during the game and this will be addressed with our respective panels.
Both Laois and Armagh are committed to the playing of our games in the best possible spirit and look forward to the continuation of a keen, sporting rivalry."
========================================================================================

I don't think this is a case of Croke Park calling the shots. The Armagh County Board's original statement generated a lot of negative and erroneous reporting and comment. The above statement puts the record straight.

I was at the match last Sunday supporting Laois and was amazed to read in the papers this week of the abuse that Laois supporters had thrown at the Armagh players - these stories were total nonsense.

naka

what is the odds on laois against armagh in the back door ::)

reddgnhand

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 22, 2012, 03:28:11 PM
Colm 'Wooly' Parkinson. Goes by the name Woolberto or something on twitter. He's an ex Laois footballer. Gets his kicks by looking for attention on twitter or newstalk these days.

I recall a conversation with a member of the Tyrone team in 2003 who told me that this kind of dialogue took place prior to Horse Devlin falling over Parkinson.       

armaghniac

Quotewhat is the odds on laois against armagh in the back door

If it is a home game we could play it in Cullyhanna.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 22, 2012, 05:53:57 PM
Croke Park call all the shots boys. End of.
Correct, knuckles have been wrapped and horns pulled in.  A bit of good old fashioned FF style behind closed doors cronyism to sort it.

naka

Still wonder will grimley get off with 4 weeks

pintsofguinness

Just when you thought it couldn't get more embarrassing.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Dont Matter

"It was agreed that allegations made by Armagh County Board in their statement do not accurately reflect what occurred in O'Moore Park."

So they made it up? I'd be embarrassed if I was from Armagh.
I believed it and was ashamed of our player. Knowing now that it was made up, it's unbelievable, why would they do it? He has a job to go to, I'm not his biggest fan but to sully his name like that is disgraceful.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

reddgnhand

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 22, 2012, 07:52:27 PM
"It was agreed that allegations made by Armagh County Board in their statement do not accurately reflect what occurred in O'Moore Park."

So they made it up? I'd be embarrassed if I was from Armagh.
I believed it and was ashamed of our player. Knowing now that it was made up, it's unbelievable, why would they do it? He has a job to go to, I'm not his biggest fan but to sully his name like that is disgraceful.

The Armagh County Board did not name anyone.

Dont Matter

Yes, you're right. They never named anyone, in the paper the next day they stated it was "a member of the Laois official party".
This really shouldn't have been takin seriously from the start. I suppose noone thought they'd just invent a story like this.
Peter Quinn

orangeman

The GAA have released a statement in relation to allegations made by the Armagh county board following their Allianz Football League game with Laois last weekend.

The statement was released following a meeting of representatives of the Armagh and Laois county boards today.

Laois had rejected insinuations that Armagh's CiarĂ¡n McKeever suffered sectarian or racial abuse prior to an alleged incident in the tunnel at half-time in last Sunday's game. McKeever was sent off prior to the start of the second-half by referee Marty Duffy.

The statement reads: "A meeting of representatives of Armagh and Laois County Boards took place today to discuss last Sunday's Allianz League Football game in O'Moore Park, Portlaoise.

"It was agreed that allegations made by Armagh County Board in their statement do not accurately reflect what occurred in O'Moore Park.

"It is acknowledged by both Boards that inappropriate verbal exchanges took place between players during the game and this will be addressed with our respective panels."
"Both Laois and Armagh are committed to the playing of our games in the best possible spirit and look forward to the continuation of a keen, sporting rivalry."

SO WHAT DID HAPPEN ?

Jinxy

"You're only a bollox" = inappropriate verbal exchange.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on March 22, 2012, 09:24:05 PM
"You're only a bollox" = inappropriate verbal exchange.

Sound like it. Embarassing.

Dont Matter

Two players were mouthing away to eachother during the game and one player struck the other at half time and was sent off for it.
No member of the Laois official party engaged in sectarian abuse.
Peter Quinn