Laois v Armagh - NFL Round 5 - Sunday 18th March

Started by BennyCake, March 06, 2012, 10:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

You're awfully sure of things for a boy going on a few sketchy second hand reports. What are you actually adding to the discussion? Don't tell me this is the start of another year of half informed waffle about Armagh from yourself.

goal 10

Throw ball

PAUD. I was at the match and it was not as simple as he would not leave the field. He asked why he was being send off a couple of times - yes. But he may have left the field freely only Grimley and Nugent - I think - entered the field to question referee. All then left the field. Only the referee and others involved know if he refused to leave.

yellowcard

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 20, 2012, 11:55:26 AM
Reports in the Irish Star today that McKeever was subjected to some sectarian abuse from some of the Laois players. It's alleged he was called a British b**tard and they sang GSTQ at him during the 1st half and as they were going in at HT.

Did they not appreciate the irony of the very fact that they sang GSTQ at McKeever? A Kerry man playing for Laois and slagging someone off nonsensically for being British, do us a favour. I wonder will Sheehan be reined in over this by his 'British' manager?

lawnseed

i say put mckeever and sheehan in a small room for about 30secs.. and see what happens.. tell you what put mckeever and any of the laois team in a small room for 20secs and see happens.. sheehans lucky mckeever didnt pull his head off. this episode only serves to distract attention away from the woeful performance of this armagh management and wtfs the county secretary doing tackling a ref during a match..plot completely lost er what..?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

bennydorano

The 'British' shite must be common enough, Jamie Clarke and Fish Aherne got similar treatment on Saturday, during and after the game.

lawnseed

Quote from: bennydorano on March 20, 2012, 08:46:13 PM
The 'British' shite must be common enough, Jamie Clarke and Fish Aherne got similar treatment on Saturday, during and after the game.
why didnt they report it. its a crime under irish law to incite hatred. just this week the guards removed a swastika flag from a house in the midlands its not an offence to fly it but the people involved can be jailed for inciting hatred of a sectarian/racial nature. this stuff needs to be highlighted and stamped out

JP

Its not an isolated incident.. the Kerry fans give wild abuse at Armagh players calling them Brits

lawnseed

Quote from: JP on March 20, 2012, 09:11:41 PM
Its not an isolated incident.. the Kerry fans give wild abuse at Armagh players calling them Brits
yes there was an incident reported in the papers about crowd trouble at the kerry match but little was made of it. i suppose its time for us gaa folk to stop looking down our noses at soccer fans. pot kettle etc..

naka

yes there was an incident reported in the papers about crowd trouble at the kerry match but little was made of it. i suppose its time for us gaa folk to stop looking down our noses at soccer fans. pot kettle etc..
[/quote]
That is the truest statement I heard in a long time

TacadoirArdMhacha

Interesting press release from the county board tonight.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

5 Sams

I'm going to league and championship matches all over Ireland for the guts of 40 years now and I have never ever heard this type of stuff directed at me.....as a matter of fact if I was to ask my club mates tomorrow night at a committee meeting if they have ever encountered this type of stuff I would be 100% positive that the response would be no.

The poor Armagh boys seem to be singled out by them big bold boys from the Free State ???
The Aristocrat Years

Dont Matter

What can't be underestimated is the media campaign that went on for many years which thought southerners to dislike and distrust 6 county nationalists. You will hear many people who don't even consider them Irish, unfortunately it spread to GAA areas also.
If you asked these people anything about Ulster they wouldn't have a clue. Ignorant people.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 20, 2012, 10:18:01 PM

I'm going to league and championship matches all over Ireland for the guts of 40 years now and I have never ever heard this type of stuff directed at me.....as a matter of fact if I was to ask my club mates tomorrow night at a committee meeting if they have ever encountered this type of stuff I would be 100% positive that the response would be no.

The poor Armagh boys seem to be singled out by them big bold boys from the Free State ???

It's because of the colour of their jerseys.
Seriously. These people haven't a clue.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 20, 2012, 12:16:17 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 20, 2012, 11:55:26 AM
Reports in the Irish Star today that McKeever was subjected to some sectarian abuse from some of the Laois players. It's alleged he was called a British b**tard and they sang GSTQ at him during the 1st half and as they were going in at HT.

The irony of this coming from people from the Queen's county ;)  Maybe they're just getting into the swing of things for their 60 year Jubliee Specials in Durrow!

Hey bitch leave Durrow out of it,we prefer the small ball anyways  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.