Laois v Armagh - NFL Round 5 - Sunday 18th March

Started by BennyCake, March 06, 2012, 10:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 19, 2012, 12:21:01 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 19, 2012, 12:04:38 PM
I will always remember McKeever's victory speech in Casement after Armagh won the U21 championship  :-[

Was the Ulster final in Casement that year? The AI final was in Breffni.

I still think McKeever saved wee Pete that day... sure all them big fellas could have stood on him.

Ulster final was in Casement. In his excitement, a 20 year old swore during his victory speech. Stupid admittedly but hardly something to be bringing up against him 8 years on.

As for the Tyrone obsession with Ciaran, he pulled Canavan's jersey seven years ago and probably shouldn't have been sent off himself. I'm not quite sure if the Tyrone fanaticism is based on the premise that pulling Peter Canvan's jersey is somehow a more heinous crime than grappling with any other player?

I wonder did Sean Teague become a figure for revilement in Tyrone for his far more questionable behaviour that day?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

McKeever is our only genuine top class (I would say World Class if it had any relevance) player at the minute, he's a knave of the highest order, but I'm glad he's wearing orange and I'd be even more happy if he was wearing the N6 for Armagh Harps.

See no reason to panic in regards to the state of the team at present tbh, we are missing a lot, barring last weeks shambles we're playing ok considering what's been on the field.  It would be nice to hear if Stevie is planning on making a comeback, Kieran Toner has no intentions of being back anytime soon from what I've heard, so I'd be planning to be without him.  Vernon's recent absence should have knocked some sense of perspective back into the boneheads who regularly slate him as well.

Division 2 is where we probably expected to be at the end of the season, so we're only really living up to expectations.

Armaghgeddon

Find it funny that some Tyrone fans have a problem with McKeever, yet when any Armagh fan mentions Jordan they say move on. Practice what you preach...

tyroneman

Personally I don't care what mcKeever does.

He's a very good player who plays close to the edge  each game.

Every county has one - and every county needs one.

Fuzzman

I see a lot of compliments towards McKeever here and we for one would be glad to have him on our team.
All I'm saying is that he often takes the law into his own hands and gets correctly punished for it.

When he got sent off that day in '05 he walked off with a wry smile on his face knowing what he did was more than just pull wee Pete's jersey. He was trying to provoke and get him sent off and was delighted he managed to do that.

So naturally enough, as a biased Tyrone man I am glad to see him get his comeuppance every now and then when he steps over the line.
How many of ye armagh lads reckon he did nothing and you believe his word to PoR that he did nothing. Do ye honestly think he's gonna admit it to anyone. Lets face it a linesman doesn't just make up the story and get a man sent off just cos he doesn't like him now does he. 

I think he's one of yer most important players these days and ye miss him every time he is suspended.
I know Tyrone have had their fair share of similar style players so I'm not saying we're cleaner than clean but it amazes me how many of ye defend him no matter what. Some could say he cost ye the AI in 2005 fouling SoN once too often

mountainboii

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 19, 2012, 02:42:51 PM
How many of ye armagh lads reckon he did nothing and you believe his word to PoR that he did nothing. Do ye honestly think he's gonna admit it to anyone. Lets face it a linesman doesn't just make up the story and get a man sent off just cos he doesn't like him now does he. 

If you had witnessed the display of officiating in Portlaoise yesterday, and Ciaran McKeever's absolute incredulity at the order to leave the field, you would understand the sympathy displayed on this thread.

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 19, 2012, 02:42:51 PM
I see a lot of compliments towards McKeever here and we for one would be glad to have him on our team.
All I'm saying is that he often takes the law into his own hands and gets correctly punished for it.

When he got sent off that day in '05 he walked off with a wry smile on his face knowing what he did was more than just pull wee Pete's jersey. He was trying to provoke and get him sent off and was delighted he managed to do that.

So naturally enough, as a biased Tyrone man I am glad to see him get his comeuppance every now and then when he steps over the line.

I think he's one of yer most important players these days and ye miss him every time he is suspended.
I know Tyrone have had their fair share of similar style players so I'm not saying we're cleaner than clean but it amazes me how many of ye defend him no matter what. Some could say he cost ye the AI in 2005 fouling SoN once too often

I believe him. A bit like Francy Bellew, McKeevers reputation goes before him and subsequently he never gets the benefit of the doubt from refs. Will be a huge loss.

Armaghgeddon

There is something wrong with the GAA mentality. We have seen referee's make mistakes in sending players off, or not sending players off in matches when no meaningful incident occured. I would not be suprised if something similiar has happened here going on what the fans have been saying about the game. Yet, even when it is a common occurence in the GAA for referee mistakes to happen they are still believed by fans who have not seen anything but base their decision on Ciaran McKeever's reputation.

I am not sugesting that McKeever is innocent, it wouldn't be out of character if he did lose his temper. But there is no evidence available to suggest otherwise. We are basing these assumptions on the word of 'officials' who have more often than not ruined games by poor decision making resulting in teams being unfairly eliminated from competitions.

Dont Matter

"It was a striking action in the tunnel which the linesman witnessed right next to him, so you pay the consequences for that."

That's what Justin McNulty had to say about it, surely he'd back his ex teammate if he thought it was unjust.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 19, 2012, 06:43:55 PM
"It was a striking action in the tunnel which the linesman witnessed right next to him, so you pay the consequences for that."

That's what Justin McNulty had to say about it, surely he'd back his ex teammate if he thought it was unjust.

Where in that post does McNulty state that he witnessed McKeever hit another player?

Fuzzman

Again I ask ye. How many of you think he never touched Sheehan then?

Dont Matter

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 19, 2012, 06:55:43 PM

Where in that post does McNulty state that he witnessed McKeever hit another player?

It doesn't but surely he would have spoken to Sheehan, he'd have better knowledge of the situation than you or I.
Peter Quinn

Rufus T Firefly

Justin McNulty

Quote"There was an incident at half-time which the linesman happened to witness which Ciarán was sent off for," he said. "Ciarán will know when you do that sort of thing, you have to pay the consequences.

Thanks for that Justy!   >:(

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 19, 2012, 07:27:48 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 19, 2012, 06:55:43 PM

It doesn't but surely he would have spoken to Sheehan, he'd have better knowledge of the situation than you or I.

McNulty never mentioned anything about talking to Sheehan, surely he would have said something about talking to Sheehan in the interview. Instead he supports the linesman's decision on the incident and does not back the decision by avoiding to mention Sheehan. Such a serious incident would have been discussed at HT would you agree?

By not stating he spoke to Sheehan and instead saying what he did, makes the situation even more dubious.

Dont Matter

Well he seems to be making an informed statement. You think Sheehan didn't mention it in the dressing room?
Peter Quinn