Cormac McAnallen

Started by NaomhBridAbú, March 02, 2012, 01:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaomhBridAbú

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

AZOffaly

cornafean

Some nice tweets today:

Kevin Hughes ‏ @hubhughes
partnered the #legend for 7 years, seems like y'day #learnedalotfromhim how to be a winner and a gentleman, will nvr be forgotten #RIPCormac

Philip Jordan ‏ @PhilipJordan7
Hard to believe it's 8 years. Hope you're enjoying the view from up above Cormac #oneofakind

Steven McDonnell ‏ @Killeavy13
"@MarkDode19: @Killeavy13 Cormac McAnallen 8 years dead 2day. You+him had a great tussle in the '03 final. True legend. #RIPCormac" Legend
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

BennyHarp

Another year goes by. Hard to believe its 9 years on. RIP Cormac.
That was never a square ball!!

ziggysego

It's scary how fast the years are going in. Still cannot believe it's 9 years since Cormac was taken from us. RIP
Testing Accessibility

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on March 02, 2013, 11:20:31 AM
It's scary how fast the years are going in. Still cannot believe it's 9 years since Cormac was taken from us. RIP

Nearly a decade already. Hard to believe that.
MWWSI 2017

ziggy90

I'll never forget the moment I heard of his death, RIP Cormac.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

rrhf

A phonecall from Australia at 8 in the morning left me stunned, it had an incredible effect on Tyrone football.  In one way the death of Cormac toughened up Tyrone attitides and may have been the stimulant to win 2 more.  However I always believed we would have won the 2004 all Ireland with Cormac as captain, his final Mc Kenna cup final V Donegal as pure an exhibition of Tyrone football as we seen during the noughties... but life didntt work out that way..He like the rest would be near retirement age if not already retired. 

ApresMatch

Think it was a Tuesday morning, I remember lying dyin in the holylands after a Monday night, when a friend came into the room early to tell me that Cormac McAnallan had died. The friend was a laid back fella who wouldnt have came in unless it was something really important. The two of us are Down but there was something about Cormac McAnallan that was different, perhaps just the natural leadership that was clear from watching him.

5 Sams

Good friend of mine from Aughnacloy phoned me that morning at about 9am. His exact words were "Our captain is dead". I knew already because I was on here....as usual. One day I'll never forget.
The Aristocrat Years

BennyCake

I remember heading off to work in the car, switched on the radio, and heard the tail end of the headlines about someone dying, but didn't hear who it was. Thought no more of it.

Then had just arrived at work and parked up, when the sports headlines came on. Des Cahill I think it was. Saying that Tyrone captain Cormac McAnallen had passed away in the early hours of the morning. I thought, did he really say those words?! I sat in the car, absolutely stunned.

Its still hard to take in 9 years later.

RIP Cormac.

stew

Quote from: BennyCake on March 03, 2013, 12:27:45 AM
I remember heading off to work in the car, switched on the radio, and heard the tail end of the headlines about someone dying, but didn't hear who it was. Thought no more of it.

Then had just arrived at work and parked up, when the sports headlines came on. Des Cahill I think it was. Saying that Tyrone captain Cormac McAnallen had passed away in the early hours of the morning. I thought, did he really say those words?! I sat in the car, absolutely stunned.

Its still hard to take in 9 years later.

RIP Cormac.

I only saw him play twice and I was in the middle of nowhere when the da called me to let me know what had happened, I had to pull the car in to the side of the road to compose myself and when I did I turned around and went home without getting to the meeting I was to be at!

I am absolutely floored it has been nine years, that is crazy!!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ck

I was in Boston when i got the news, never forget it. my Dad rang me in the middle of the night. it was like a death in the family. Everyone felt the shock no matter where a man is from. The GAA family where stunned that day.
Never met the guy but I saw him play for UCD v Sligo IT in 2001 and he was simply majestic.

From the Bunker

A smart lad as well as a good footballer, At St. Patrick's he was part of the team that won the Blackboard Jungle quiz on RTÉ (1996/97).

BennyCake

Yes, I remember Cormac being on that quiz. I didn't know him through football then, but he stood out a mile on the show, because he answered most of the questions. He was lightning quick on the buzzer too.