All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Do you think mebbe Cross played for the draw the first day so Stephen would get to lift the trophy as he deserved to?  :P

Syferus

Great performance by Cross but this was after a replay and last year St. Brigids were very close to them. There'll be plenty of teams that'll fancy their chances against Cross and it'll be a very hard campaign if they're going to make it three-in-a-row.

armaghniac

There will be plenty of teams that fancy themselves against Cross. Most of them will be wrong. It only takes one, of course.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Oraisteach

Syferus, I think it's a very hard campaign when you win any All-Ireland, don't you think?  Cross will have enough to handle in Armagh and Ulster, never mind in the semis and final.

haranguerer

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 08:00:46 PM
Some Garrycastle players weren't even wearing proper socks. In an AI final ffs!

I'd be more worried about getting embarrassed in an AI final...

Theres a reason for it, I'm sure they didnt just forget, be they ankle supports or something

bigpaul

Quote from: Syferus on March 31, 2012, 08:03:52 PM
Great performance by Cross but this was after a replay and last year St. Brigids were very close to them. There'll be plenty of teams that'll fancy their chances against Cross and it'll be a very hard campaign if they're going to make it three-in-a-row.

The perennial parlour game, find an angle to produce an argument to suggest Crossmaglen are n't as good as their record suggests! There are plenty of teams who 'fancy their chances against Cross',however the vast majority can't even put themselves in a position to get to play Cross', those that do find only a very select few come out on top!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Syferus

Quote from: bigpaul on March 31, 2012, 08:17:08 PM

The perennial parlour game, find an angle to produce an argument to suggest Crossmaglen are n't as good as their record suggests! There are plenty of teams who 'fancy their chances against Cross',however the vast majority can't even put themselves in a position to get to play Cross', those that do find only a very select few come out on top!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, the size that chip on your shoulder must cost you an extra seat on buses and trains!

EC Unique

ross4life

Well done to Cross! the bench mark of club football & they raised the bar even further with that display today, no doubt they will supass Nemo's record within the next few years. For Garrycastle the fairytale story has no happy ending but they should be proud of their efforts especially bringing Cross to a replay.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

bennydorano

Well done to Cross, thing that sticks in my mind most (apart from some terrible Hearty kickouts) was Paul Kernan being helped off near the end, he was prepared to put everything on the line. My heart then sank as i realised Harps are next up for them in the championship.

bigpaul

Quote from: Syferus on March 31, 2012, 08:45:06 PM
Quote from: bigpaul on March 31, 2012, 08:17:08 PM

Jesus, the size that chip on your shoulder must cost you an extra seat on buses and trains!

Thank the Good Lord for remote analysis, didn't even notice the chip myself far less realise that others could,don't use buses or trains! Seriously though, where where do you think Igot the chip?  ;) 

Denn Forever

Well done Cross.  Garrycastle took the wrong options from the start.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

sammymaguire

That Cross team is awesome for a club team. Jamie Clarke hardly got a sniff and they had 4/5 other forwards taking points at will in the 2nd half and their accuracy was unreal. Scary thing is, I don't think they really got out of third gear today.

Did some people think they were finished when Francie and the McEntees quit?

I think any club in Ireland should use this team/game as a benchmark as these guys should be shooting for 5 in a row.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 08:17:47 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 31, 2012, 08:15:09 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 08:00:46 PM
Some Garrycastle players weren't even wearing proper socks. In an AI final ffs!

I'd be more worried about getting embarrassed in an AI final...

Theres a reason for it, I'm sure they didnt just forget, be they ankle supports or something
Ankle supports? Thon's a pair of Wilson tennis socks - 3 pairs for £1.

Reminds me of u12 matches against Ardoyne years ago.

I could name a right few teams wearing celtic shorts, tracksuit bottoms, trainers, basketball shorts etc. Some craic but complete waste of a game as they were usually shite!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."