All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Cross should have won it.  The ref's 'let everything go' attitude was certainly different!
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

ardal

Quote from: glens73 on March 17, 2012, 05:06:01 PM
Is there extra time?, the guy on premier sports says there is, not sure if he's right

eh NO

joemamas

Draws need to be gotten rid of quickly.

Crowd look stunned.

LeppinMick

Worst display of refereeing I have seen in a while, the tackling was just free for all. Ref seemed oblivious to it.

And how the GC keeper thought it was a good idea to hit KO after KO down the middle is just unbelievable. Had the Galway hurlers training @ 4:45 where did the GC management go to for the last 15!!

Dangleberrys

Although Hickey can't ref the replay, who will?  Quality of ref's is pretty pathetic at the moment, one is just as bad as the next. Cross should have got 2 or 3 frees at the end but instead were awarded frees when there was no foul.  I will never understand what goes through some ref's heads!

Fair result in the end, should be another cracker

Syferus

The ref set out his stall early, he was consistent and let the game flow. That's a big reason this was one of the most enjoyable games of football I've seen in a long time. I guess people getting used to referees blowing up for every hard tackle has coloured opinions but I could hardly care less.

Armaghgeddon

Ref was shocking, there was one tackle that should have been a free but he just ran on past it. Hanratty saved Cross' bacon there at the end even though it was a cynical tackle, he had to no other choice. If the GC player didn't milk it for so long perhaps they would have had time for the free. Jamie Clarke had an off day, two goal chances missed and what could have been a fisted point.

All in all it was a fair result with some bad decision for both teams.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Syferus on March 17, 2012, 05:13:11 PM
The ref set out his stall early, he was consistent and let the game flow. That's a big reason this was one of the most enjoyable games of football I've seen in a long time. I guess people getting used to referees blowing up for every hard tackle has coloured opinions but I could hardly care less.

Ref was dreadful. He was just ignoring clear fouls. Let alone marginal ones. Letting the game flow is one thing but that was taking the piss.

Not to mention when he did decide to blow it was often for something not nearly as bad as stuff he was ignoring.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on March 17, 2012, 05:13:11 PM
The ref set out his stall early, he was consistent and let the game flow.
First free he gave - a Castle man was about to run on to a through ball in front of goal.
The 2 second yellows were hardly fouls at all.
The one he gave against the Castle defender that Oisin missed was a disgrace.
He never allowed any time for the delay after Hanratty's foul.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 17, 2012, 05:19:23 PM
Ref was shocking, there was one tackle that should have been a free but he just ran on past it. Hanratty saved Cross' bacon there at the end even though it was a cynical tackle, he had to no other choice. If the GC player didn't milk it for so long perhaps they would have had time for the free. Jamie Clarke had an off day, two goal chances missed and what could have been a fisted point.

All in all it was a fair result with some bad decision for both teams.

Milk it?
He was absolutely out on his feet at that stage.
Did you ever ship a heavy tackle at the end of a game when your legs were gone?
You don't exactly bounce back up.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Canalman

Cracking game.

As for the referee, whatever you might say about him he was imo consistent................ can't ask for more than that.

Well done to both teams.Best AICF for years.

Maguire01

Quote from: Canalman on March 17, 2012, 05:47:11 PM
As for the referee, whatever you might say about him he was imo consistent................ can't ask for more than that.
Consistently poor. And yes, you most definitely can ask for more than that.

All of a Sludden

Have we got a decent referee these days? The GAA need to look at the standard of referees and act accordingly.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

DuffleKing

David McKeown

Great game today almost spoiled by a poor ref. I thought he was very inconsistent despite what's being said on here. He was too harsh on petty fouls booking for the likes of accidental coming together but then ignoring neck high clotheslines and dangerous third man tackles. Gerrycastle were the better team in the first half but Cross dominated the second and IMO would have won easily with a better ref.

Lot of talk about Cross' indulgence in the dark arts today but Gerrycastle were as bad if not worse. Any word on the replay yet?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner