Author Topic: Parking Ticket Question  (Read 5256 times)

trailer

• View Profile
Re: Parking Ticket Question
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2018, 09:10:58 PM »
Jesus Christ. Had been reading this thread thinking that will never happen to me. Anyways, wife parked somewhere in Bangor wtf? Got one of these through the post today. Smart parking. What's the story? Pay it or ignore it.

I got one a few months back, Mrs parked in a carpark in Banbridge that was 3 hours only, have had 5 letters so far, latest threatening debt recovery agencies and court, going to keep ignoring them.

Given they have no contract with you they would do well to take you to court. Assuming you are registered keeper. They will keep coming for a while but imagine they will give up.

Scenario is the wife paid for parking but overstayed her welcome. Does this make a difference given she paid initially?

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2018, 02:06:09 PM »
Jesus Christ. Had been reading this thread thinking that will never happen to me. Anyways, wife parked somewhere in Bangor wtf? Got one of these through the post today. Smart parking. What's the story? Pay it or ignore it.

I got one a few months back, Mrs parked in a carpark in Banbridge that was 3 hours only, have had 5 letters so far, latest threatening debt recovery agencies and court, going to keep ignoring them.

Thanks David
Given they have no contract with you they would do well to take you to court. Assuming you are registered keeper. They will keep coming for a while but imagine they will give up.

tyrone girl

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2018, 05:08:50 PM »

Scenario is the wife paid for parking but overstayed her welcome. Does this make a difference given she paid initially?

No. Just continue to ignore.

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 07:41:38 PM »

This is what I see to be the biggest problem the car park would have in this jurisdiction. In England and Wales the Car owner is liable for civil wrongs committed by drivers. There is a statutory basis for that. The statute doesnít apply here, so the car company would have to prove you were driving. I donít know how they would do that. Particularly as you werenít.

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2018, 08:25:14 PM »
In a bizzare coincidence the debt recovery people rang me today about the case described above having not been in contact in more than 6 months. I missed the call and rang them back and they refused to speak to me until I provided personal information to them. I refused and hung up and have reported them to the police as a potential phone scam.

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2018, 08:30:06 PM »
In a bizzare coincidence the debt recovery people rang me today about the case described above having not been in contact in more than 6 months. I missed the call and rang them back and they refused to speak to me until I provided personal information to them. I refused and hung up and have reported them to the police as a potential phone scam.

;D  ;D ;D fighting the good fight

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2018, 10:33:00 PM »
Another thing that was pointed out to me today is that a lot of land of these so called private land Car parks arenít actually on private land but are instead public places. The one today involving Rushmere shopping centre so I really canít see how these charges could be enforceable here.

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2018, 12:37:53 AM »

Quality  ;D