Author Topic: Worst pop song of all time  (Read 15873 times)

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
Re: Worst pop song of all time
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 10:42:32 PM »
How ‘bout “Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goalposts of life?”

I think it was recorded by TR Dallas about 20 years or so ago.

The lyrics are as crappy as the title.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 10:51:52 PM »
The Lyrics were crap.

Drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life
End over end neither left nor to right
Straight through the heart of them righteous uprights
Drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life.

Make me, oh make me, Lord more than I am
Make me a piece in your master game plan
Free from the earthly tempestion below
I’ve got the will, Lord if you’ve got the toe.

Take all the brothers who’ve gone on before
And all of the sisters who’ve knocked on your door
All the departed dear loved ones of mine
Stick’em up front in the offensive line.

Yeah, Drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 09:52:16 AM »

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:58 AM »
Ride on time Black Box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lOb799cTxM

Even if it got you a ride on time

You could have been listening to the Stone Roses instead.

I have to sincerely disagree, too many happy memories were created on the back of this song, and I listened to Stone Roses and still do, but Ride on time was worth that 3 minutes of inanity!!!

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 10:23:34 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59BZxgohr9g

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, that always makes my skin crawl, and not in a good way.  Thanks a bunch Hardy!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »
Avoid BBC4 tonight.

Night  21:00 The Joy of Disco (T) Why one of the most frequently derided forms of pop music provided the soundtrack to some of the most important social changes of the 1970s, including gay liberation and female empowerment. The programme also explores how the New York disco scene provided the foundations for modern club culture, tells the tale of how acts including Chic, Sister Sledge and George McCrae broke into the mainstream on both sides of the Atlantic, and explores the importance of the film Saturday Night Fever in shaping the image of disco music around the world. Featuring contributions by Chic's Nile Rodgers, Robin Gibb, Kathy Sledge of Sister Sledge, songwriter Kenny Gamble and the Trammps' Earl Young.     

22:00 Disco at the BBC (T) Archive performances of disco classics by acts including Chic, Rose Royce, Labelle, Gladys Knight and Village People, from shows such as Top of the Pops, The Old Grey Whistle Test and Later with Jools Holland.     

23:00 Queens of Disco (R) (T) Graham Norton celebrates the careers of some of the greatest names in disco music, including Gloria Gaynor, Donna Summer, Grace Jones and Chaka Khan. He also charts Madonna's return to her 1980s roots and the success it has brought her in the UK pop charts.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

EagleLord

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 10:20:52 PM »
Right well that was an interestign few minutes. A few observations just. Firstly I had never seen or heard of 'Vanilla - No Way' I really wish I could forget that existed. I had also never seen the video for 'Dancing in the street' I also wish I could forget that. Gayest music video ever. And Marcus Collins singing seven nation army. Why the f**k do people let Xfactor rejects sing their songs?? Im unbeleivably angry at seeing that. Just took me back to the anger i felt last year when the winners song was Many a horror by Biffy Clyro. And I like cotton eye Joe and Must have been Love...disagree with them being mentioned..

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 10:38:37 PM »
Right well that was an interestign few minutes. A few observations just. Firstly I had never seen or heard of 'Vanilla - No Way' I really wish I could forget that existed. I had also never seen the video for 'Dancing in the street' I also wish I could forget that. Gayest music video ever. And Marcus Collins singing seven nation army. Why the f**k do people let Xfactor rejects sing their songs?? Im unbeleivably angry at seeing that. Just took me back to the anger i felt last year when the winners song was Many a horror by Biffy Clyro. And I like cotton eye Joe and Must have been Love...disagree with them being mentioned..

Damien Rice said at christmas that once certain obligations were meet, there was no legal way to oppose the use of his songs.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »
Any ball of dung from The Lighthouse Family. Particularly Ocean Drive or Lifted.

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 10:46:38 PM »
Well there you go - I liked The Joy of Disco.

Music is a very personal thing, so nobody can say that a certain song is the worst of all time. Nobody will have heard the worst pop song of all time because it never sold. Then again, is that what programmes like Pop Idol are trying to sell.

Anyway, the worst pop song was by that big pink **** introduced by Noel Edmunds.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

EagleLord

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 10:53:27 PM »

Damien Rice said at christmas that once certain obligations were meet, there was no legal way to oppose the use of his songs.

Aw thats right, they took his song and murdered it too! So you're telling me theres nothing he could do about them taking his song, and mass producing it? Seriously?

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 10:57:56 PM »

Aw thats right, they took his song and murdered it too! So you're telling me theres nothing he could do about them taking his song, and mass producing it? Seriously?
When you sell out to the likes of Cowell you do so absolutely.
[/quote]

Maguire01

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »
Any ball of dung from The Lighthouse Family. Particularly Ocean Drive or Lifted.
+1
Brutal

whiskeysteve

• Let off some steam, Bennett...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 11:51:56 PM »
+1
Brutal

i love ocean drive you pair of c***ts  :'(
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ziggysego

• View Profile
    • My Way Access
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 12:14:44 AM »
What was the name of that family from Sweden (I think) that had an album out in the mid-90s? They were huge for a few months, but I couldn't stand them.
Testing Accessibility