Tyrone v Louth

Started by bustsummoves, February 29, 2012, 09:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: tyroneman on March 04, 2012, 05:49:09 PM

2 Cavs made little impact.

He seems to be holding Sean back. How much game time did he get? When he came on v Kildare in the first game I thought he'd be starting come round 3 or 4.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

I would say that Sean's lack of football for a good number of months is behind him being eased back in. MH knows he's a thoroughbred and prob wants to bring him to 100% in a gradual curve. Easier to do also when the team is flying and most of the new lads are really making a name.

Quote. Mc Kenna done well, and you can be sure despite that rant above hes in the gym as much as any man, just lacking the game time that others have been afforded to bring him on..

Hardly a rant tbf. I would love to see the mcKenna line continue in a Tyrone shirt and jr has the hang time and talent necessary. The prob is that he is not the tallest and in that case, a la Hub or M Murphy he needs to fill out more to get the physicality into his game needed to flourish.

Pete seems to have strengthened considerably in comparison.

Club Rossa

Hard earned win.Really impressed with McCarron,McMahon and Harte.Harte is an outstanding footballer and is a joy to watch.

nrico2006

Peter Harte covers a serious amount of ground with the ball.  There are players renowned for their speed and little else, but thats not been the case with him as he is such a great footballer.  How many goals has he scored for Tyrone now?  He has also played the final pass for quite a few goals as well.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyroneman

Agree 100%. Harte is the current jewel in the crown. Add in Sean C, Joe, SoN and the prospect that is RoN..........a serious amount of quality

sheamy

Quote from: tyroneman on March 05, 2012, 05:29:01 PM
Agree 100%. Harte is the current jewel in the crown. Add in Sean C, Joe, SoN and the prospect that is RoN..........a serious amount of quality

Harte is a fantastic player and a joy to watch. Currently is probably the best in Ulster if not Ireland. It'll be interesting to see how he develops as the season goes on and the games get more serious. I'd expect him to be man marked as he is currently Tyrone's spare man in the middle. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with that and how the game plan changes.

Fuzzman

Was away for the weekend so didn't get much news on this game.
Sounds like Petey has set himself a goal a game now.  ;D
When's the last game he hasn't got one.

Why was McCarron so good this time? Was he bombing forward loads or defending well as well.
Is Justy still injured?
Will Clarke do enough to keep FB or will his apparent lack of pace cost him?
Will Ricey be getting worried now about his starting spot. Mickey knows he takes a lot more to the table than just man "marking"  ;)
I see Meath lost as well to Kildare so we must be in good shape for promotion now.
Is it the Top 2 play off for the Div2 final.
I hope that's in Croker or am I jumping the gun?

BTW
The Dubs are all shocked at how O'Gara did at the weekend scoring 1.05 from play

omagh_gael

You're a fierce man for the questions Fuzz!

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'll give your exhaustive list a go there Fuzzman!  ;)

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 06, 2012, 01:39:44 PM
Why was McCarron so good this time? Was he bombing forward loads or defending well as well.
Great runs forward, and scored a few well taken points.

Is Justy still injured?
No, came on as a sub in the dying seconds.

Will Clarke do enough to keep FB or will his apparent lack of pace cost him?
Could do enough I'd say.

Will Ricey be getting worried now about his starting spot. Mickey knows he takes a lot more to the table than just man "marking"  ;)
I'd say so, though he came on as a sub to tumultuous acclaim.

Is it the Top 2 play off for the Div2 final.
Yep, the top two on Sunday, 29th April.

I hope that's in Croker or am I jumping the gun?
No comment.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

Cheers lads.
I'd say both McCarron and Justy are excited and hopeful that Clarke continues to do well as I'd say both wanna play in the half back line or even MF for Justy.

I heard from someone that every time Petey leaves his CHB position that Joey covers for him.
Sounds like the team certainly have a new freshness about them and our forwards look to have plenty of potential again for first time in ages. I'd say Tommy must be a tad.ie worried that he could not be guaranteed a starting place again despite so many retirements.

Speaking of which is Davy gone as I didn't hear he was but someone else told me he has retired.