Armagh Vs Down

Started by Uladh, March 20, 2007, 11:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

A must win for both counties.
Morale is low in the Armagh camp but a loss to the old foe on sunday will mean the third division next year. Armagh will obviously not have the cross lads and there'll be no u21s starting given they're playing on saturday, so it'll be the bare bones.
Down will have no problem getting themselves up for this one and despite all of the experimentation to date, i'd imagine down folk will get an idea of management's thinking on their best team this week. i'd say ross and dj have been plotting for this game from the outset.
Down could just nick it.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

It'll hardly be on the tv - aerial shots from a helicopter in Cross might be a bit difficult. :o

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

true ulster gael

losing to derry was bad
but if we cant beat these stoop lovers then we deserve to be division 3 next year

thegael

true ulster gael while you may a point about stoop lovers not all of us are .

as a man of principle on your ideals i commend you , but regards the team you support let us  just hope we beat you !!

Hope we beat you and remember you only have one all-ireland!

a lot of the points you make about how the GAA are spot on but tarring all of down as stoop lovers is a bit ott.

downredblack

Stop talking to yourself  ;)

amallon

I've heard all the experimentation in the Down camp is over and we should expect our strongest available team out on Sunday.  The Cross game ending in a draw was a blessing for us, it gives us a chance of getting a result. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

illdecide

Quote from: 5iveTimes on March 20, 2007, 03:35:57 PM
Hopefully AMallon is correct and the experimentaion is at an end. I`ve had a feeling about this game for a while and although I dont usually gamble, I am definitely sticking £100 on Down. Anyone getting any better odds of 5/2 ?

Ill take that bet 5times
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

the only thing handed over will be your £100
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

continuity tug

Quote from: thegael on March 20, 2007, 03:07:13 PM
true ulster gael while you may a point about stoop lovers not all of us are .

as a man of principle on your ideals i commend you , but regards the team you support let us  just hope we beat you !!

Hope we beat you and remember you only have one all-ireland!

a lot of the points you make about how the GAA are spot on but tarring all of down as stoop lovers is a bit ott.
sorry
there are men and women like yourself that still have true republican ideals in down but the fact is most of down is full of stoops and stoops2

Spiritof98

The new dissident republican onslaught on the british is to attack gaels from different counties on a GAA discussion board. TUG and his several illiterate aliases why do you continually have to bring politics into everything, this is a league match between two neighbours threatened with the drop, why not discuss that.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Aghdavoyle

Normally i'd say down have no chance in a game like this but i'm afraid this sunday could be a bit of a waterloo for armagh's league status. this time last year there was a double header with armagh playing down in the u21s and seniors in consecutive days and the talk was off down finishing armagh off.

Aghdavoyle

Arguably the cross lads won't strengthen the armagh team at all. obviously if francie was fully fit he'd be at full back but the talk is still of him having to have an op after cross's run. aaron will come straight into the team but the majority will tell you that his style starves the forwards and his defensive frailties weaken the defense as a whole. oisin has been a great servant but i don't think he's fit to make the same impact over 70 minutes of county football any more.

full back

Does Paul Hearty not play for Armagh anymore?

Aghdavoyle

I was simply going on the fact that McKinney was armagh's first choice keeper last year until he excused himself from the panel for personal reasons and therefore assumed he would continue with that status

Armamike

are the McEntees defo off the panel?
That's just, like your opinion man.