Senior Scor 2012

Started by limerickperson, February 28, 2012, 01:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Surely the whole "two titles each" thing is a red herring.  Offaly instrumental, antrim ballad group and Galway setts could've won as well imo.

limerickperson

Quote from: jen83 on April 24, 2012, 11:25:05 PM
I definitely think that there were a few Suss results. Those that would stand out for me were the solo singing, Ballad group & recitation . Solo singing should have sent to girl from Westmeath, I Tought she was miles in front of anyone else there- this seemed to be the general consensus of anyone I spoke with also, same with ballad group- Tought Limerick myself had something special & Tipperary in the recitation. This however is scor where sometimes not necessarily the best act wins, it was overheard in the bar after from a scor official "sure isnt it great every  provence got two titles, brilliant to keep an interest but not necessarily fair.

yea i noticed that on the day with the 2 titles for every province ......and your man is right a nice even keel for everyone
but have to agree with your synopsis of the above

whilst i would have loved to see the limerick ballaf group win they are exceptionally talented but unfortunately the limerick contingent may have been slightly"bored" with them as we have heard them so often but the majority of the people would not be so familiar with them hence i can see your take on them having something special.

would agree with you on the recitation and solo singing though

but as we always here "sure thats scor"

we'll all be back jawing again next year I am sure

limerickperson

Quote from: Oldira on April 24, 2012, 04:37:38 PM
I believe there was a bit of controversy with the Trath nagCeist. Rumour has it there was an appeal on the day and another one been taken this week to Croke Park. Anyone hear about this?

yes i believe the runners up were quite irate on saturday and indeed intend to put in an objection

havent heard any outcome of that yet though

qwerty123

Anyone have the questions for the Tráth na ngCeist?

Also, any videos available of the finals?

theticklemister

Quote from: qwerty123 on April 27, 2012, 03:28:38 PM
Anyone have the questions for the Tráth na ngCeist?

Also, any videos available of the finals?

Aye anybody have the questions , I would just like to compare to the derry scor questions.

Derry scor committee have don't excellent this year; well done to them all.

jen83

Quote from: limerickperson on April 27, 2012, 01:15:30 PM
Quote from: Oldira on April 24, 2012, 04:37:38 PM
I believe there was a bit of controversy with the Trath nagCeist. Rumour has it there was an appeal on the day and another one been taken this week to Croke Park. Anyone hear about this?

yes i believe the runners up were quite irate on saturday and indeed intend to put in an objection

havent heard any outcome of that yet though

But sure what's central council going to do, have never heard of anyone having an appeal rightfully dealt with after an all Ireland. It's very silly. I've witnessed very poor judgements in my time and they have never been upheld. I wasn't in the hall for the question time but heard what went on. I feel so sorry for Cornafean, they def have a case.
Whats another year .............

qwerty123

What exactly happened in the Question Time?  I've heard nothing about it, but from the posts on here it sounds quite controversial.

scor fan

the best team won the quiz in my opinion. Quizmaster was excepting surnames as answers for the team questions. Bornacoola gave a surname as their first answer to a team question. Without being asked they added an incorrect christian name. First answer is the one that counts and quizmaster accepted it.

Cornafean proved to be poor sports and openly questioned the quizmaster in the tie break. The question was There are three world heritage sites in ireland, bru na boinne and the giants causeway are two, name the third ?
A cornafean member questioned the quizmaster and insisted that the question was wrong, then they proceeded to give two answers to the question, The giants causeway and skellig michael. As Skellig michael was correct and the giants causeway was in the question the answer was accepted. this gave cornafean a 3 3 tie and the two teams progressed to the second tie break round. Bornacoola won this round 2 0 and were declared champions.
cornafean proved to be bad sports and sore loosers in my opinion. ~i was actually at the quiz, unllike many of the previous posters.
Cornafean actually missed four of their last seven questions while bornacoola got 6 from seven. for an experienced team with multiple previous wins cornafean let themselves down badly.

scor fan

the objection was to the accepting of the Bornacoola answer in the team questions.

As for the comments that the two wins per province was a set up... this is a silly conspiracy theory that holds absolutely no basis. All competitions are judged by different judges. No judge knows the outcome until it is announced at the end of the night. Just because a judge gave a team 1st doesnt mean that they will win... there are four for each competition. The marks are handed to the coordinator after each competition so there is no way the winning teams could be divided in such a way.