Author Topic: Rory McIlroy  (Read 103949 times)

Orior

• View Profile
Re: Rory McIlroy
« Reply #1335 on: January 12, 2017, 10:49:07 AM »
Good start be Rory - new clubs must be working okay
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 12, 2017, 10:50:17 AM »
Most of yis that get annoyed about him probably don't know but hes been playing golf this morning.....

Decent start one off the lead currently after shooting a 67. He threatened a better round but showed signs of rustiness in the back nine.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 12, 2017, 11:00:18 AM »
Most of yis that get annoyed about him probably don't know but hes been playing golf this morning.....

Decent start one off the lead currently after shooting a 67. He threatened a better round but showed signs of rustiness in the back nine.

Something like 7 of the last 8 years he's been in the top 5 for his first tournament outing of the year!!

Pity his odds are shocking!!

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 12, 2017, 01:23:20 PM »

Something like 7 of the last 8 years he's been in the top 5 for his first tournament outing of the year!!

Here what are you talking about golf for back to slegging Rory. I reckon his big worry is if the DUP feck things up any more by the time Tokyo 2020 comes round representing GB wont even be an option lol

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 12, 2017, 01:41:45 PM »

Yeah odds are low as it's a fairly weak field, the big names are playing in Hawaii
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 13, 2017, 11:20:36 AM »
Hold on... he didn't wanna go to the Olympics cause he's scared of offending his mates? His mates like?

He's in a position to be the fuckin Mufasa of ALL his (real) mates. Unless you meant he was worried about annoying Niall Horan? Then I'd buy it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. He's brought up in a culture of supporting OWC and Ulster Rugby and his mates would all be british passport holders. (They're the people that want to know why they cannot vote Tory or Labour in local elections). So clearly in that environment Rory will have no affiliation whatsoever with Ireland or being Irish.

Which makes his delight at winning the Irish Open rather puzzling. His celebration looked pretty genuine to me.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 13, 2017, 11:26:08 AM »

Yeah odds are low as it's a fairly weak field, the big names are playing in Hawaii
Any random Yanks to cheer for?

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 13, 2017, 11:45:49 AM »
Hold on... he didn't wanna go to the Olympics cause he's scared of offending his mates? His mates like?

He's in a position to be the fuckin Mufasa of ALL his (real) mates. Unless you meant he was worried about annoying Niall Horan? Then I'd buy it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. He's brought up in a culture of supporting OWC and Ulster Rugby and his mates would all be british passport holders. (They're the people that want to know why they cannot vote Tory or Labour in local elections). So clearly in that environment Rory will have no affiliation whatsoever with Ireland or being Irish.

Which makes his delight at winning the Irish Open rather puzzling. His celebration looked pretty genuine to me.

I'd say there's a big number of nationalists / republicans on this board carrying British passports (though few would admit to it)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 13, 2017, 11:54:37 AM »

I'd say there's a big number of nationalists / republicans on this board carrying British passports (though few would admit to it)

Me!!  :-[

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 13, 2017, 12:02:56 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 13, 2017, 12:04:19 PM »

I'd always an Irish one then got a british one (mainly for handieness) and thats up next year i think, so will get an Irish one next time
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 13, 2017, 12:08:36 PM »

I'd always an Irish one then got a british one (mainly for handieness) and thats up next year i think, so will get an Irish one next time

This is a myth surely. Shame on you SE!! Not a South Derry man at all ;)

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 13, 2017, 12:08:58 PM »

Just for info MR2, why did you think it was handier to get a Brit one??

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 13, 2017, 12:09:45 PM »

Mods!!!

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 13, 2017, 12:21:48 PM »

This is a myth surely. Shame on you SE!! Not a South Derry man at all ;)

Ah it was handy and cheapest at the time.

Just found out if I want to go back to Canada at all I need a Canadian passport and what with Brexit and all I'm going to need an Irish one as well!!

With that many passports I could be a spy for the CIA...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login