Author Topic: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread  (Read 35680 times)

Billys Boots

• View Profile
Re: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread
« Reply #510 on: January 05, 2017, 04:43:56 PM »
Sent you the pics by email Rufus, give me a poke if you don't get them. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 05, 2017, 05:30:34 PM »
I saw this on a MUFC forum today but should appeal to you guys depending on your vintage!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCoca9X21Qo&feature=youtu.be

A whole different world, I could still name them all today from both teams..

ziggy90

• Waiting for manna coming from the west.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 05, 2017, 07:56:45 PM »
So could I and I bet every lad of eight and above who loved his football. Btw, I was a lot older than eight in 1975.  ;)
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 06, 2017, 09:20:58 AM »
Yeah, a great memory (apart from the result, and the defending). 

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 06, 2017, 09:47:36 AM »
It's nice to see the super Leeds fan's reappear.  There have been people pop up in our office over the last 2 months that i didnt even know followed football never mind supported Leeds. A bit of optimism goes a long way. 

Heard a bit of debate on the radio over christmas were a few Leeds fans came on to say that it would be too soon for Leeds to go up and they wouldnt be ready for that yet.  Next year is their year, so they say?

Monk is a quality manager. Swansea were stupid to let him go

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 10, 2017, 09:17:07 AM »
Half-daycent draw after only turning up for 45 mins last night. 

Rufus T Firefly

• Na Clairsigh, Ard Mhacha
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 10, 2017, 10:06:16 AM »

Correct Billy - I got the impression that they thought they only had to turn up and strut their stuff and were quickly knocked off their stride by Cambridge. To be fair, they must have got a bollocking at half time and came out a different team. Played some nice football, dominated territory and possession and came out deserving winners.

The yellow card for Jansson means that he misses the next two games - Derby and Barnsley - which is a real blow. There seems to be a determination by the Club to reach his target for matches played which then triggers the transfer from Torino.   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 10, 2017, 11:00:54 AM »

Correct Billy - I got the impression that they thought they only had to turn up and strut their stuff and were quickly knocked off their stride by Cambridge. To be fair, they must have got a bollocking at half time and came out a different team. Played some nice football, dominated territory and possession and came out deserving winners.

The yellow card for Jansson means that he misses the next two games - Derby and Barnsley - which is a real blow. There seems to be a determination by the Club to reach his target for matches played which then triggers the transfer from Torino.

That's very Yorkshire thinking - the kind of thinking that has Leeds where it is.  Jansson is the main reason why they'ye been so good at the back recently, and now they've lost him for two very difficult games.  You'd despair, if it hadn't happened over and over and over for the last 40 years. 

Rufus T Firefly

• Na Clairsigh, Ard Mhacha
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 14, 2017, 11:29:30 AM »
Another very impressive performance last night at home to a Derby County side who themselves have been showing good form. Leeds dominated the game for all but the first fifteen minutes of the second half and could (and indeed should) have won by two or three goals.

The win was all the more impressive when the absentees were considered - Pontus Jansson and Charlie Taylor were both missing from the defence. However Leeds were full of energy, aggression and some nice one touch football. The midfield were all excellent - Kemar Roofe, Liam Bridcutt, Ronaldo Viera and man of the match Pablo Hernandez.

Whilst there is so much to be positive about, there are causes for concern - Rob Green (who had a good game last night, save for an error which saw a goal disallowed) still does not convince, and more fire-power is needed up front - two exceptional displays against Villa and Derby which brought about the sum of two goals, despite many, many chances being created.

Next league match - away to Barnsley - is on live next week ( :)) - say it quietly, but things are looking up!! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 14, 2017, 08:07:52 PM »
Another very impressive performance last night at home to a Derby County side who themselves have been showing good form. Leeds dominated the game for all but the first fifteen minutes of the second half and could (and indeed should) have won by two or three goals.

The win was all the more impressive when the absentees were considered - Pontus Jansson and Charlie Taylor were both missing from the defence. However Leeds were full of energy, aggression and some nice one touch football. The midfield were all excellent - Kemar Roofe, Liam Bridcutt, Ronaldo Viera and man of the match Pablo Hernandez.

Whilst there is so much to be positive about, there are causes for concern - Rob Green (who had a good game last night, save for an error which saw a goal disallowed) still does not convince, and more fire-power is needed up front - two exceptional displays against Villa and Derby which brought about the sum of two goals, despite many, many chances being created.

Next league match - away to Barnsley - is on live next week ( :)) - say it quietly, but things are looking up!!

Away to Barnsley! Do ye bring your own ferrets?

Mourne Rover

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 15, 2017, 09:18:36 PM »
The Derby performance was outstanding against a side with a large budget who are serious play-offs rivals. It is just a pity that two goalkeeping errors cost us the points against both Newcastle and Brighton earlier in the season and have left the gap at the top still fairly large. However, Leeds are now the form side in the division and there can be no doubt that Monk is a hugely impressive young manager.

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 16, 2017, 09:06:38 AM »

A very impressive performance indeed.  Hayling looks like a star in the making.  And young Viera could be the business.  Almost convinced to be hopeful, but experience tells me otherwise.  Barnsley will be difficult. 

ziggy90

• Waiting for manna coming from the west.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 16, 2017, 10:13:14 AM »
Oakwell is one of my favourite grounds in the country. Great little town to have a few beers in.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered