McConville gloats about beating Dr Crokes, expects an easier win this time

Started by Mike Sheehy, February 15, 2012, 01:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Mike Sheehy is winding people up with inappropriate statements like "Brits" (as if anyone could think there was anything remotely British about Oisin McConville!). Others, normally calm souls, sometimes then respond with a blast that takes in Kerry or all of Munster, I've done it myself.

If I was from Kerry I wouldn't take responses to a WUM to heart.

Cross' currently dominate Armagh and lately Ulster as Kerry do in Munster. This may irritate some, but the only solution to either is to beat them, they only have 15 (or sometimes 14) men like everyone else. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: armaghniac on February 20, 2012, 03:29:16 PM
Mike Sheehy is winding people up with inappropriate statements like "Brits" (as if anyone could think there was anything remotely British about Oisin McConville!). Others, normally calm souls, sometimes then respond with a blast that takes in Kerry or all of Munster, I've done it myself.

If I was from Kerry I wouldn't take responses to a WUM to heart.

Cross' currently dominate Armagh and laterally Ulster as Kerry do in Munster. This may irritate some, but the only solution to either is to beat them, they only have 15 (or sometimes 14) men like everyone else.

Ahh, yeah, thats right....everything used to be hunky-dory on here. For example, Nordies have never preemptively used the term "free-stater". It would always be "in response" to something that the big bad Mike Sheehy would say  ::)

rrhf

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: rrhf on February 20, 2012, 10:21:33 PM
You can never be free mike in your state.

How're they all in Derrytresk these days ? Still whining about their (deserved) suspensions ?

armaghniac

QuoteYou can never be free mike in your state.

I wonder would that be Massachusetts or New York?

BennyCake

Mike, you are tarnishing the great name of Mike Sheehy. Couldn't you pick another name, and have a whine?

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: BennyCake on February 20, 2012, 11:57:37 PM
Mike, you are tarnishing the great name of Mike Sheehy. Couldn't you pick another name, and have a whine?

Could not agree more..one gobshite is no representation of an entire county.
They like to win but fair play in 2002 every last one of them congratulated us on our success in croke park and wished us well.
I suspect that most Kerry folk would have enormous respect for Cross at the very least.Just as i have enormous respect for the Kerry seniors. Does not mean i have to like them, but they are a class act just like Cross, only at a different level.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on February 21, 2012, 12:59:26 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 20, 2012, 11:57:37 PM

Could not agree more..one gobshite is no representation of an entire county.
They like to win but fair play in 2002 every last one of them congratulated us on our success in croke park and wished us well.
I suspect that most Kerry folk would have enormous respect for Cross at the very least.Just as i have enormous respect for the Kerry seniors. Does not mean i have to like them, but they are a class act just like Cross, only at a different level.

Nah, they have had a free pass in Armagh for the last 15 years or so...didnt they win one final recently by 25 points or something ?. What a joke.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

I've huge respect for Cross anyway, and Armagh in general. Have met some great genuine GAA people over the years from Killeavy, Pearse Og, Mullaghbawn, Cross and many more.
This Cross team play great football aswell, loved when I heard they had sessions where handpassing was banned!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Leo

As a Down man I look on Crossmaglen with a mixture of envy and Ulster pride and, like others, have always got an amazing welcome at that great club. Was as proud to be at Portlaoise as if the team was in red and black and will masquerade with that old Kilkeeny scarf again on St Patrick's Day.
No genuine GAA supporter does begrudgery.
Fierce tame altogether

AZOffaly

I don't see how anyone could fail to be full of admiration for Crossmaglen Rangers and what they have achieved. Their record is phenomonal, and just to have kept the club in such hale and hearty health during the troubles was an
achievement in itself.

The fact that they play a nice brand of football is just even more reason to admire them.

I will be hoping Garrycastle win on Paddy's day, but if Cross win again, I'll applaud their fine team and club again.

armaghniac

QuoteAs a Down man I look on Crossmaglen with a mixture of envy and Ulster pride and, like others, have always got an amazing welcome at that great club

Are you sure they knew you were from Down and didn't think you were from Kerry.  :)

Doogie Browser

Reading Tony McEntee's interview yesterday shows you exactly the kind of drive/focus the man has.  He mentioned one of the early changes he made in the match and said the lad brought on probably should be a starter but as he missed a few sessions (for whatever reason) he could not start him.

haranguerer