Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Not a chance StGallsGAA. Tony is correct, rangers are 5-7 years away from competing with Celtic. Even if they go up next season their biggest problem is how to overcome Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee Utd. When they've mastered them three then they can try and compete with Celtic. They are stone broke and can't afford to buy any decent talent at all...It probably was a good thing they didn't go up this year as another year of stability in the lower league might benefit them more than hovering around the bottom half of the premiership.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on June 03, 2015, 08:47:34 AM
Not a chance StGallsGAA. Tony is correct, rangers are 5-7 years away from competing with Celtic. Even if they go up next season their biggest problem is how to overcome Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee Utd. When they've mastered them three then they can try and compete with Celtic. They are stone broke and can't afford to buy any decent talent at all...It probably was a good thing they didn't go up this year as another year of stability in the lower league might benefit them more than hovering around the bottom half of the premiership.

Would be some achievement for a brand new club to get to the SPL in so few years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2015, 01:34:43 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 03, 2015, 08:47:34 AM

Would be some achievement for a brand new club to get to the SPL in so few years

And look what happened the last Scottish team that done that...lol (Gretna)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gallsman

I think he meant in the sense that this Rangers was formed a few years ago, not that they'll be "debuting" in the SPL.

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on June 02, 2015, 10:31:18 PM
Rangers released 11 players today.They need to go for a more youthful outlook next season.With no Hearts this time,and Hibs topsy  turvy,there's no excuse for not running away with this league next year,but they are at least 5 years away from competing with Celtic again.

I doubt it very much. They struggled against Hibs and QoS this season with the team they had. They've lost 11 tubes, whose replacements won't be any better cos they don't have the money (they're bleeding it on a weekly basis and another administration event is a real possibility) to attract decent players. I don't think they'll get up next season  ;D

lynchbhoy

I'd expect more Newcastle players/investment and promotion next season.
I'd also expect they'd be challenging Celtic in their third spl season.
Once they get promoted you will find a lot more willing to financially back them again. They won't remain as broke that long!

I'd hope they go bust this season and never return but that won't happen!
IMO

StGallsGAA

Is the Newcastle player exchange thing likely to carry on given that King ousted Ashley's cronies?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 03, 2015, 09:30:32 PM
I'd expect more Newcastle players/investment and promotion next season.
I'd also expect they'd be challenging Celtic in their third spl season.
Once they get promoted you will find a lot more willing to financially back them again. They won't remain as broke that long!

I'd hope they go bust this season and never return but that won't happen!
IMO

Why?  Surely every team needs a rival... Christ deep down it must be boring when you don't have those old firm games! Seems odd, Utd v liverool. Barca v Madrid AC v Inter.... No?? Rather just have the run of the mill games?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

If Lynchbhoy actually believes that then he hasn't a clue of what makes Celtic Celtic.

I've talked to once-devout Celtic supporters who have stopped going to games, watching games, season tickets -  recently because of the monotony of a Rangerless SPL.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Windmill abu

Quote from: ONeill on June 03, 2015, 11:47:03 PM
If Lynchbhoy actually believes that then he hasn't a clue of what makes Celtic Celtic.

I've talked to once-devout Celtic supporters who have stopped going to games, watching games, season tickets -  recently because of the monotony of a Rangerless SPL.

Is a hatred of Rangers more important than a love of Celtic. If you cant enjoy your club winning everything available to them (Domestically), then you are supporting them for the wrong reasons.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Milltown Row2

So you'd prefer how it is, no rangers? No old firm no intense derby games??  Hatred because (domestically) rangers have the better history? Or because they are supported by prods?

JoG2

Quote from: Windmill abu on June 04, 2015, 12:27:15 AM

Is a hatred of Rangers more important than a love of Celtic. If you cant enjoy your club winning everything available to them (Domestically), then you are supporting them for the wrong reasons.

Its just too easy for Celtic and as a result, there's less excitement and fewer supporters attend the games. Its similar in a way to the Leinster football championship. Both the SPL and the LSFC are a nailed on formality. If Meath for example were running Dublin close like in the early 90's you'd have a full house or close to it at Croke Pk in this years provincial series. Excitement pulls in the punters

foxcommander

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't Aberdeen leading the league for a while this season?
Following Celtic in the late 80's and most of the 90's wasn't too much fun. I also recall the crowds had dwindled because they were losing back then. Kinda screws up your rangers theory...

Average attendances
1990-91: 29,012
1991-92:  25,086
1992-93:  22,684
1993-94 :  22,637
1994-95 :  24,601
1995-96 :  34,342
1996-97 :  47,504
1997-98 :  48,532
1998-99 :  59,271
1999-2000 :  53,887

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Clov

If you compare Celtic's home attendances over the past 3 'Rangers-less' SPL seasons with the 3 seasons before they are down about 5%. That suggests that the Rangers rivalry is not the prime reason that the majority of fans attend matches.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Milltown Row2

Easier to support a winning team it seems