Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

i think the main asset that came with the purchase was goodwill. The significant Rangers FC (oldco) support could surely be viewed as having a material value far in excess of the purchase price. The risk being taken here isn't really the players contracts, or the division in which they (newco) end up playing, but rather whether newco can retain the same sort of brand loyalty as oldco. Ihave to imagine that is a fairly low risk, as the Rangers brand is one that many people identify with due to their heritage and socioeconomic backgrounds both in Scotland and Northern Ireland. I'm not clear on whether the land and grounds come with the purchase but if they do, that would be the icing on the cake...

In my view 5million was a steal
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

deiseach

Quote from: heganboy on June 27, 2012, 06:36:13 PM
i think the main asset that came with the purchase was goodwill. The significant Rangers FC (oldco) support could surely be viewed as having a material value far in excess of the purchase price. The risk being taken here isn't really the players contracts, or the division in which they (newco) end up playing, but rather whether newco can retain the same sort of brand loyalty as oldco. Ihave to imagine that is a fairly low risk, as the Rangers brand is one that many people identify with due to their heritage and socioeconomic backgrounds both in Scotland and Northern Ireland. I'm not clear on whether the land and grounds come with the purchase but if they do, that would be the icing on the cake...

In my view 5million was a steal

As things stand, it's looking like Green is the one who has been robbed. Unless the SFA/SPL cobble together some corrupt bargain, Rangers are not going to have a league to play in next season. How many times can the Rangers Globetrotters play Linfield to tap into that 'brand'?

From the Bunker

EastStirling of the Scottish third Division beckons!

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 27, 2012, 07:03:26 PM

Looks like there are a few first division clubs don't want newco Rangers amongst their flock. The 3rd division does beckon.
How long before there's a newer newco?
Bizarre attempted stroke by the SFA to merge the SPL and 1st division.

tommysmith

Its highly possible that there will be no rangers in any league next season.

They are runnng out of time.

From the Bunker

Quote from: tommysmith on June 27, 2012, 07:51:20 PM
Its highly possible that there will be no rangers in any league next season.

They are runnng out of time.

Despite disliking the club, I would not like to see it disappear, even for a year!

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Main Street on June 27, 2012, 07:47:42 PM

Looks like there are a few first division clubs don't want newco Rangers amongst their flock. The 3rd division does beckon.

There are criteria for clubs hoping to enter the SFL division 3 and apparently the newco doesn't meet them. There are other small teams who are waiting to join.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on June 27, 2012, 11:38:58 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 27, 2012, 07:47:42 PM

There are criteria for clubs hoping to enter the SFL division 3 and apparently the newco doesn't meet them. There are other small teams who are waiting to join.
Sure the Irish League has enough sectarianism to spare to make them feel at home.

tyroneman

I thought that to gain entry to even the 3rd Div in Scotland a club had to produce 3 years of financial results?

If so - unless a dodgy deal is struck - newco has zero chance of getting in

AZOffaly

In fairness, how could third division teams cope week in week out with the crowd Rangers would bring?

JimStynes

Could they try get into the English league?

Orior

If the fans really really really want to follow Rangers, then I suggest they familiaise themselves with the map below:

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

deiseach

I can think of no set of fans in the world who would be happier to have their pitch occupied by the brave chaps of the British Army.

clarshack

sfl clubs now being bullied into accepting rangers to div 1:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/108463-in-full-document-sent-to-sfl-clubs-to-put-rangers-into-the-first-division/

scandalous document imho. it couldnt be more pro rangers if it tried.

Lecale2

Interesting times in Scottish football just now.