All Ireland Club Senior Semi-Finals

Started by armaghranger12, February 13, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 17, 2012, 03:00:09 PM
Quote from: rory on February 17, 2012, 12:27:21 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 13, 2012, 05:49:07 PM
Also fucked off big time as I am ruled out from travelling, BC jnr has a basketball 1/4 final on Saturday morning and I can't see us making it in time. Hopefully get something sorted but aint looking good. Crokes by 3  :'(

It's the last league game this saturday BC, not a quarter final.  Games at 10, should be over by 11.30, 2 hours down the road you'll make the Cross game :)

Jeez where have you been hiding??? I thought the way he was talking it was 1/4 final, shure I may leave him on his own then, it doesn't really count ;). Fast and all as I drive I don't think my old jallopi would make it in one piece nevermind in time!!! May just have to watch it in the pub ;D

"Sure I'll wait for the final."
Typical Cross arrogance!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Feckitt

Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 17, 2012, 05:07:54 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 17, 2012, 04:56:15 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on February 17, 2012, 04:32:17 PM
Shortly after the 2009 All-Ireland Final between Cross & Dr Crokes, it emerged that a warrant for the arrest of one of the Crokes players was issued in London because he had gone AWOL from the British Army. 
Unfortunately none of the Crossmaglen players were aware that there was a Brit on the opposing team at the time of the final.

This is a new one by me anyway! Who is the player do you know?
That a cracking story, any news on who the player was or is that classified ?

Can't find any link to it on t'internet but it was definitely reported at the time.

NP 76

Just would like to wish Cross all the best for tommorrow

muppet

Shortly after the 2009 All-Ireland Final between Cross & Dr Crokes, it emerged that a warrant for the arrest of one of the Crokes players was issued in London because he had gone AWOL from the British Army. 
Unfortunately none of the Crossmaglen players were aware that there was a Brit on the opposing team at the time of the final.

His name is Johnny McCromwell but Crokes cleverly list him as A. N. Peep O'Day. You can catch him out Great Escape style (or Father Manus Sweeney) by putting out a hand before the throw in and saying 'Jolly good luck old chap'. If he says 'Yerra' followed by incoherent mumbling, he is your man.
MWWSI 2017

Feckitt

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: muppet on February 17, 2012, 10:02:40 PM

His name is Johnny McCromwell but Crokes cleverly list him as A. N. Peep O'Day. You can catch him out Great Escape style (or Father Manus Sweeney) by putting out a hand before the throw in and saying 'Jolly good luck old chap'. If he says 'Yerra' followed by incoherent mumbling, he is your man.

;D
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

muppet

MWWSI 2017

armaghranger12

Just after reading an interview by K.O'Leary in the sun saying that they have been adding physically to their training session so that they can cope with the Cross tactics.  Does he not understand that Cross dont play this Blanket defence as he described it. Even the Kerry great spillane reconigised that Cross has change the face of football by kicking the ball. What a Prat he is.

dubes

The guy that went AWOL was a fella called MacMahon, a big ginger that used to play center back for them, its a true story...

armaghranger12

Quote from: dubes on February 18, 2012, 09:30:46 AM
The guy that went AWOL was a fella called MacMahon, a big ginger that used to play center back for them, its a true story...

its very hard to believe that story. however i was looking out for his name the other day in the Crokes squad and didnt see it so that may make it a tad more realistic.

armaghniac

Some say the devil is dead, or playing for Killarney
More say he headed off and joined the British Army

Hoping for a good game today and no need for video evidence.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ardchieftain

muppet

Anyway, be telling me, what competition was this "2009 All-Ireland Final between Cross & Dr Crokes"?
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 18, 2012, 09:21:27 AM
Just after reading an interview by K.O'Leary in the sun saying that they have been adding physically to their training session so that they can cope with the Cross tactics.  Does he not understand that Cross dont play this Blanket defence as he described it. Even the Kerry great spillane reconigised that Cross has change the face of football by kicking the ball. What a Prat he is.

Oh my God.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Carmen Stateside