American Football, NFL, IAFL

Started by thejuice, March 18, 2007, 06:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

;) Anyone here fans of NFL or play in the IAFL.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BallyhaiseMan

Big Fan of College Football(Notre Dame naturally)
watch the NFL,but dont really follow any team.
Much prefer College Football,
The college Pride the players,supporters,and alumni show echos the club ethos in the GAA,only of course its on a much larger scale

thejuice

Yeah I find it hard to follow College ball cos I dont have Digital TV. Want to get into it more its more intense than NFL, but NFL is more accessable.
I play in the IAFL for a team in Dublin
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BallyhaiseMan

Yeh its tough,that they are all on NASN,I got it last August,Well worth the extra money.
Nice one, was thinking about joining the Dragons or Tallaght or one of the Dublin teams earlier this year in January,
Decided id stick with the GAA this year anyway.
Can anyone stop the Dublin Rebels this year do you think?

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: thejuice on March 18, 2007, 06:09:36 PM
;) Anyone here fans of NFL or play in the IAFL.

Been a fan since i was about 10,when the Channel 4 explosion started in mid 80's, i dont know how i latched onto the Cleveland Browns but i have always followed them, pure shite as they are though.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

thejuice

Re Syd: Hard Luck with the Browns, Im starting to feel the same as i started following the Falcons after they reached the superbowl a few years back, now they seem to be stuck in reverse.

I play for the Dragons, and Ive tried to juggle GAA and Gridiron for the last few seasons, and its a big burden on the body. Especially going to work on a monday morning with a limp and swollen fingers and a busted head.

As for the Rebels, well someone better stop em soon, hope it will be us.

AZOffaly

I've been a fan of the NFL since 1985 and the Fridge's Bears v the Patriots, with myles Dungan. Since then I've gotten more into it, and jumped on the 49ers bandwagon with Montana and Rice. Moved to the States in 1997 for 4 years, and jumped allegience to the place I was living, the Arizona Cardinals, which was as about un-bandwagon as it gets.

Also got majorly into the NCAA football when I was there, although I attended the Piit-Rutgers and ND - Navy games in Dublin before that. I'm still a Notre Dame fan for my troubles.

Came back to Ireland in '01, and have been a subscriber to NASN since it commenced.

Galwaybhoy

Yeah I have had an interest in American Football since the late 90's.  But its only in the last two years that I have really started to follow the sport and developed a big interest in it.  As you can see from my avater I'm a Broncos supporter.

heganboy

hmmm american sports confession time. I actually played for the the craigavon cowboys in the early 90's. I got into it when a mate of mine got me a Notre Dame and a Bears top from the US, the coverage started on c4 the next year and the bears went a did a superbowl shuffle. I got into it in a big way to the extent I was listening to Notre Dame games on the US armed forces radio on long wave- not exactly crystal clear sound.

Living in New York now, I watch a lot of football, i would consider myself a Giants fan- but not to the extent that it bothers me when they lose (except to the Patriots) Was glad to see Colts winning, still follow Notre Dame pretty closely.

Strangely I played basketball a lot in School, and then again for Queens but I don't watch it or play it over here. There is too much basketball on the tv- it kind of numbs you. Its worth watching March madness, but the NBA isn't great anymore. Would keep an eye on a few teams Washington (I like arenas) and the nets even though I've gone to see far more knicks game (they suck)

I follow baseball closely- my wife has become a Yankees fanatic, but ice hockey holds absolutely no interest whatsoever. And just in case you were wondering about the other american sport- Lacross is not a real game.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

thejuice

I think the Craigavon Cowboys are making a comeback either this season or the next, would that lure you back across the water and out of retirement ;D

SammyG

Love American sports ever since I went to Fenway Park in 1975 (Christ I feel old just typing that!!!!). Follow the Patriots and Red Sox avidly (NASN is a wonderful invention  ;)) and try to arrange family holidays so that I can get over, for a game, every couple of years. After many years of suffering the last few years have been excellent with both 'world' champions coming from New England. I also look out for the Celtics and Bruins results but wouldn't be that into either NHL or NBA.

AZOffaly

Sammy, have you joined the Fantasy Baseball?? If you have NASN you have no excuse :D

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: SammyG on March 19, 2007, 07:00:04 PM

NASN is a wonderful invention  ;)

How much is NASN a month? I already subscribe to Sky Sports so getting both would be pushing it......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

SammyG

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on March 19, 2007, 09:48:36 PM
Quote from: SammyG on March 19, 2007, 07:00:04 PM

NASN is a wonderful invention  ;)

How much is NASN a month? I already subscribe to Sky Sports so getting both would be pushing it......

I think it's either £12 or £15 but I'm not sure, I'm on a freebie at the minute. They buggered my account up a few months ago (took the direct debit twice and the second one bounced) so they've gave me a refund of my bank charges plus 6 months free.  ;D

I'm sure http://www.nasn.com would have the latest details.

You also get Setanta 1 and 2, Setanta Ireland and Celtic and Rangers TV included in the price.

Great Leap Forward

I have been a Bengals fan since the 88 season. I have to blame Ickey Woods and his endzone shuffle for that. Montana sank them in the Superbowl that season with 34 seconds to go.

The have been plenty of lean seasons since then but things are looking up if we could sort out the defence.