American Football, NFL, IAFL

Started by thejuice, March 18, 2007, 06:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan Edwards

Been a Dallas Cowboys fan since early 80's , largely due to the Introducing Credits of the Dallas tv soap in which is shows the Texas Stadium, I have been informed by a mate you is born and raised in Philadelphia that the cowboys are not very popular among other NFL fans, dunno if its true or not, but Cowboys abu
That'll Be The Day

BallyhaiseMan

Ethan
yep Dallas are hated probably by all non Dallas NFL Fans,
Success like they had in the early to mid nineties breads jealousy im afraid.
I dont mind the Cowboys though.

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: Ethan Edwards on March 22, 2007, 02:20:46 PM
Been a Dallas Cowboys fan since early 80's , largely due to the Introducing Credits of the Dallas tv soap in which is shows the Texas Stadium, I have been informed by a mate you is born and raised in Philadelphia that the cowboys are not very popular among other NFL fans, dunno if its true or not, but Cowboys abu

The cowboys probably didn't help their cause much by labelling themselves as 'America's Team.'

I have to admit having a begrudging admiration for the team they had in the early 90's.

BallyhaiseMan

Damn Matt Schaub to Houston,Atlanta get the 8th overall pick, with Houston moving to #10 along with Atlanta getting the other picks.
as juice said Calvin just became a possibility.
That means David Carr will be either released of Traded,
Im a big Carr Fan, i think with a decent offensive line,he could be a perennial pro bowl QB.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Cowboys would be the NFL equivalent of the New York Yankees and Man United

magpie seanie

According to my bro the Cowboys are known as "Americas Team" and are a lot of peoples second team.

Great thread - some of the memories are super. Syd - I'm sure you remember John Elway's 98 yard drive against the Browns all those years ago!

Got into the NFL around '85 and consequently the Bears (the Fridge, Walter Payton, Jim McMahon and all). Followed it for a good number of years (even sad enough to regularly tune in to US armed forces radio on LW like Heganboy). Lost interest for a number of years but with the brother now living in the Windy City (and the Bears not crap again!) the interest is revived.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 22, 2007, 02:38:42 PM
According to my bro the Cowboys are known as "Americas Team" and are a lot of peoples second team.

Great thread - some of the memories are super. Syd - I'm sure you remember John Elway's 98 yard drive against the Browns all those years ago!

I do Seanie, it was around that time i got into it. The Browns were good then but are shite now, in fairness their owner owns Aston Villa so im sure mediocrity will continue. They have had some huge busts of draft picks since they came back into the league in 99, Couch (out of NFL i think) Courtney Brown (Released by Denver yesterday and contemplating retirement)
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Kevin

I know the talking heads say he'll be a great one. The Giants just have to hope that mortgaging their future for this guy turns out to have a happy ending. At this stage the San Diego Chargers are breathing a sigh of relief.

I don't know if you are watching the same games as me, but it has not been a pretty sight. Any comparisons with his brother are laughable at this point.

Sure the opposing pass rush needs to be controlled and another receiver would be handy, but make no mistake about it when the ball goes up the Giants receivers need to fight like defensive backs to make sure many more of the passes don't wind up intercepted.

The only positive he brings to the team regarding leadership is that his mistakes do not bother him. That is really good because he continues to serve up a string of howlers and I suspect this will continue into next season.

heganboy

been at a few giants games since he took over- his biggest weakness is not taking the sack- trying to force the play. As soon as he gets the fact that he doesn't always have to squeeze a 45 yard throw through the gap between 2 oncoming players he should be ok. I see Shockey and Burress are the only two Giants not to show for pre season training.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: the onion bag on April 10, 2007, 11:22:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10119161

Titan's Pacman Jones and Bengal's Chris Henry suspended for 07 season and first 8 games of 07 season respectively.

The Bengals are going to have sack somebody eventually to lay down a marker about off-field behaviour. It probably won't be Henry or Thurman because both of these guys have potential if they can sort themselves out.

AZOffaly

Looks like that Giants - Dolphins game is on at 1 pm Eastern time on the sunday Oct 28th. That'll be 6 p.m. over here. Looks like a Sunday night in London as well so...

Gabriel_Hurl

any word when you'll hear about those tickets?

AZOffaly

none yet. I'm assuming soon enough now that the fixtures are released, Wembley is up and running etc.