RTE League Sunday

Started by Leo, February 05, 2012, 09:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Does Davy Fitz really need touch screen technology to switch a wing back and midfielder? He looks so serious doing it too :D

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 12, 2012, 08:40:51 PM
Does Davy Fitz really need touch screen technology to switch a wing back and midfielder?
Normally he jumps up and down swinging both arms like windmills to make such a switch!  ;)

Jinxy

Quote from: Sportacus on February 12, 2012, 08:40:34 PM
That was a fair discussion on kildare monaghan dust up.  Wasn't much but it won't look good in Monday papers, and it comes quickly after the derrytresk thing.  And any sanctions handed down when these things happen will be watered down - nail on the head.

Yep.
'GAA neanderthals at it again.'
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Leo

Much better show - possibly the change of personnel helped - plus they seemed to have taken on board our issue about failing to show all the results.
I still think a quick summary from all League games and a league table for eah division should be an essentail part of such a programme.
And for real controversy - a "team of the day".
But a long way improved from last week's dung.
Fierce tame altogether

Blowitupref

Watched it tonight hasn't Colm O'Rourke aged a lot?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

bigpaul

I couldn't say it was 'much better',Colm O' Rourke was definitely better than Ciaran Whelan, but then he would have to be! What I found amazing was that they made no mention of Jim Mc Guinness' interview on TG4 while Kevin Cassidy stood within earshot, surely this was just about the biggest talking point in the GAA weekend, but we had to depend on a sports report on the news to find outabout it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: bigpaul on February 12, 2012, 11:26:42 PM
I couldn't say it was 'much better',Colm O' Rourke was definitely better than Ciaran Whelan, but then he would have to be! What I found amazing was that they made no mention of Jim Mc Guinness' interview on TG4 while Kevin Cassidy stood within earshot, surely this was just about the biggest talking point in the GAA weekend, but we had to depend on a sports report on the news to find outabout it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a seriously awkward moment..McGuiness practically walked away for a finish. Didn't see Seó Spóirt dé h-Aoine, but apparently Cassidy said he's retired and thats it finished? Strange to say that after McGuiness seemingly left the door open for reconciliation, no?
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

glens73

McStay while commenting on Laois v Donegal said "good win for Kildare"

Armaghgael

Why cant i watch it on media player?
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

armaghniac

QuoteWhy cant i watch it on media player?

What does it say? It won't allow you watch it outside Ireland I imagine, and some NI ISPs do not clearly signal that you are in Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

Quote from: bigpaul on February 12, 2012, 11:26:42 PM

That was a bit mischievous by TG4 alright.

Donnellys Hollow

Expert analysis from Colm Parkinson tonight  :o
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sheamy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 29, 2012, 08:48:08 PM
Expert analysis from Colm Parkinson tonight  :o

Jeez, he's some ballbag alright. RTE scraping the barrel there.

As for Martin 'we'll see a different Donegal' McHugh, so we can expect 13 men behind the ball rather than the traditional 14 :-) Talking balls Marty.

Jinxy

I cannot abide Martin McHugh.
By the way does anyone else think it's a bit of a joke that Eugene McGee is chairing that committee set up to review gaelic football?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Terrible stuff altogether.................. Parkinson is an ignorant oaf, how he gets theses gigs are beyond me  ::)

Mc Hugh.....................why doesnt he just come out and call us Dubs c***s........................ id respect him better, for all his sly digs and making up stories about the dublin camp

Brolly is the only lad that speaks sense and who keeps me from switching off the box