McKenna Cup Team of the Tournament

Started by SC1Sports.com, January 30, 2012, 05:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC1Sports.com

Quote from: Rawhide on January 31, 2012, 11:01:45 AM

:o how in Gods name do you come to that conclusion, his ball giving away ability on saturday night contributed significantly to Derrys poor second half. Brennan certainly thought that too.

Forester played just 10 minutes of the second half and he lost possession just twice in the whole game - both times when he was stranded in the forward line with no help from his tiring team-mates.

On top of that, I hardly think one player conceded possession on two occasions over a seventy minute period was the problem for Derry

Rawhide

Quote from: SC1Sports.com on January 31, 2012, 11:32:01 AM
Quote from: Rawhide on January 31, 2012, 11:01:45 AM

:o how in Gods name do you come to that conclusion, his ball giving away ability on saturday night contributed significantly to Derrys poor second half. Brennan certainly thought that too.

Forester played just 10 minutes of the second half and he lost possession just twice in the whole game - both times when he was stranded in the forward line with no help from his tiring team-mates.

On top of that, I hardly think one player conceded possession on two occasions over a seventy minute period was the problem for Derry

near pissed myself at you saying he lost it just  twice, just twice in ten minutes when we desperately needed to keep it, explaining exactly why he was removed. Take the rose tainted glasses off
cccc is a true supporter lol

SC1Sports.com

I was simply nit-picking at you saying how his "ball giving away abilities contributed to a poor second half" - completely exaggerrated

And to say I have rose-tinted glasses on has come out of nowhere because it wasn't me who included him in the team of the tournament - it was two others (I wouldn't have him in my team) - and I never once said he had a good game on Saturday night.

Just think it's interesting that people are quick to jump all over him when he is substituted in just his third game after absolutely tearing it up against Jordanstown and Down. When he played with Gerard, they were absolutely deadly. Meanwhile Barry McGoldrick wasn't to be seen anywhere on Saturday night but because he didn't try to get involved or try to make things happen, he is not criticised.

Rawhide

Would agree, he needs more time to understand that the time he will have on the ball for steeletoen and Derry aren't the same. I was laughing at his inclusion on the team of the Mc Kenna cup. Like seriously, give the guy a break
cccc is a true supporter lol

nrico2006

Quote from: SC1Sports.com on January 31, 2012, 11:50:27 AM
I was simply nit-picking at you saying how his "ball giving away abilities contributed to a poor second half" - completely exaggerrated

And to say I have rose-tinted glasses on has come out of nowhere because it wasn't me who included him in the team of the tournament - it was two others (I wouldn't have him in my team) - and I never once said he had a good game on Saturday night.

Just think it's interesting that people are quick to jump all over him when he is substituted in just his third game after absolutely tearing it up against Jordanstown and Down. When he played with Gerard, they were absolutely deadly. Meanwhile Barry McGoldrick wasn't to be seen anywhere on Saturday night but because he didn't try to get involved or try to make things happen, he is not criticised.

McGoldrick was seen as usual during the breaks in play when he was up yapping around the referee or pushing and shoving opposition men for no reason.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

TrueGael93

Haha well said nrico2006!

But Rawhide,i dont understand why you were laughing at Forrester's inclusion... He has come in and did well and showed that he can be an asset for Derry