Armagh v Cork NFL Division 1 round 1 Sunday 05-02-12

Started by Onion Bag, January 30, 2012, 10:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

What would happen if they didn't park the bus a12?

armaghranger12

So the chance is gone to make a few bob on Cork, any other game that would make me a few pound?  If Armagh dont part the bus it could be a long night for the mallon and Co in the full back line

armaghniac

QuoteIf Armagh dont part the bus it could be a long night for the mallon and Co in the full back line

I'm sure we'll deploy a strong defence, perhaps taking our cue from our stalwart performance against Derry in Clones last year.

Perhaps we should have scantily clad dancing girls behind the goal Cork are shooting into. These ladies might suffer a bit in the climatic conditions, but their sacrifice might keep the damage down.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Keane

Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 04, 2012, 12:12:53 PM
So the chance is gone to make a few bob on Cork, any other game that would make me a few pound?  If Armagh dont part the bus it could be a long night for the mallon and Co in the full back line

I'm still going through today's games, I'll try get back to you later.

armaghranger12

Can someone tell me if the donegal and down teams have been named for the game tonight or is the donegal management gonna surprise us by naming 13defenders on the starting 15?

under the bar

QuoteSome very negative vibs from the Armagh supporters on here.  Yes yas are missing a few but so are Cork. Being at home is a big benefit and you would like to think Armagh will go out and give it a go.

Just as with Healy Park for Tyrone I don't ever recall the Athletic Grounds exactly being a fortress for Armagh!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: under the bar on February 04, 2012, 02:05:32 PM
QuoteSome very negative vibs from the Armagh supporters on here.  Yes yas are missing a few but so are Cork. Being at home is a big benefit and you would like to think Armagh will go out and give it a go.

Just as with Healy Park for Tyrone I don't ever recall the Athletic Grounds exactly being a fortress for Armagh!

Your recollection is the difficulty here then.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

whitegoodman

Did both ur league victories last year not come at home?

Did u not beat ur nearest and dearest in the championship at home back in May?

All be it Monaghan, Galway and Down may not be at the same level as Cork but its not is if its a graveyard for Armagh.

Travelling 3 or 4 hours down tonight or in the morning is a disadvantage for any amateur side.  Playing at home has to been seen as an advantage, it wont be enough imo but it I dont see it being the hiding that everyone on here thinks it will be.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: whitegoodman on February 04, 2012, 02:41:06 PM
Did both ur league victories last year not come at home?

Did u not beat ur nearest and dearest in the championship at home back in May?

All be it Monaghan, Galway and Down may not be at the same level as Cork but its not is if its a graveyard for Armagh.

Travelling 3 or 4 hours down tonight or in the morning is a disadvantage for any amateur side.  Playing at home has to been seen as an advantage, it wont be enough imo but it I dont see it being the hiding that everyone on here thinks it will be.

Home advantage is an advantage but it dosent improve a team that much. Armagh will be lucky not to receive a hammering.

Etienne Lantier

A point in an entire half of play. Lumping the ball in like it was the bloody 50s. Good players playing like they've never seen a ball before. This is beyond pathetic. Doyle making a balls of things isn't helping either. Cork are bloody terrible too. If we could play with a smidgeon of conviction we'd be tearing them apart.

Etienne Lantier

Fear ón Srath Bán

Good second half for Armagh (the spare man notwithstanding), after an abysmal first, and exciting finish. Good result.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

whitegoodman

The armagh team must have been looking at this thread before the match as they looked like a team already beat in the first half.  It took the tactical and motivational genius POR to sort it out at half time ;)

In all seriousness some of the subs did make a decent impact and it was a fighting performance in the 2nd half.  Would anticipate thats the end of the kingham experiment!!!!

Agent Orange

The O'Rourke/Grimley partnership is working well. Paddy manages the team for the first half and Paul for the second half.