Could Mayo be the team of the current decade?

Started by Mayo Mick, January 28, 2012, 04:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo Mick

While at last nights FBD final I was wondering  will there be a dominant team in the current decade and could it be Mayo. Tyrone and Kerry were the teams of the last decade but if we take the current decade as starting in 2010 then we have 2 AI winners that owed as much to perspiration as inspiration with neither team likely to be dominant over the next couple of years. Kerry might win this year but don't have the talent coming through to be as dominant as in the decade past. Northern teams will be competitive and Tyrone, Armagh and Derry are all capable of winning an AI over the next 7 or 8 years as are Kildare, Galway and possibly Meath,

If there is to be a dominant team (say winning 3 or 4 AIs) I feel it could be ourselves. Once we make the break through (and we are likely to under Horan in the next year or so) then I'm convinced we have the stuff coming through to win several more and be the dominant team of the current decade.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Captain Obvious

OMG this thread will end in tears. Nice big bold text well done.

Hardy

ballinaman

mannix

I have being deluding myself for years that it will be our year. Until the thing is on the mall I won't believe it. Though horan seems to know what he is doing.

ross4life

Quote from: Mayo Mick on January 28, 2012, 04:55:36 PM
While at last nights FBD final I was wondering.......
If there is to be a dominant team (say winning 3 or 4 AIs) I feel it could be ourselves.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Cosmo Kramer

Could Mayo be the team of the current decade?

Ah, no. But if we could win just once...
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Tubberman

This must be a new record, even by  our lofty standards.
Getting carried away based on fbd league  :D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Hardy

It's breathtaking in its scope, marvellous in its audacity. This is on a whole new level from the usual January entertainment provided by the Mayomen. "This could be our year" me arse - it's team of the decade or nothing.

Bravo!

the Deel Rover

:D :D Thread of the year and it will take a good one to beat it . Your not enda kenny by any chance Mayo Mick ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on January 28, 2012, 06:12:51 PM
It's breathtaking in its scope, marvellous in its audacity. This is on a whole new level from the usual January entertainment provided by the Mayomen. "This could be our year" me arse - it's team of the decade or nothing.

Bravo!

Not content to merely stick his head above the parapet he has dived completely over it and plummeted 200 feet onto a pile of jagged rocks with a big smile on his face.
One can only admire that sort of manic optimism.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on January 28, 2012, 05:23:06 PM
While at last nights FBD final I was wondering.......
If there is to be a dominant team (say winning 3 or 4 AIs) I feel it could be ourselves.

:D world class comeback, world class.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Whishtup

Now that Dublin have crossed the rubicorn, I would certainly say that Mayo along with Kildare are one of the ''NEED' to win an all-Ireland' club and I certainly wouldn't begrudge either.  Followed by Down, a bit early for Donegal, I think.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Whishtup on January 28, 2012, 07:30:02 PM
Now that Dublin have crossed the rubicorn, I would certainly say that Mayo along with Kildare are one of the ''NEED' to win an all-Ireland' club and I certainly wouldn't begrudge either.  Followed by Down, a bit early for Donegal, I think.
Bad luck has stopped Kildare in recent years Mayo on the other hand haven't been good enough.