NFL Division 2 2012

Started by Jinxy, January 28, 2012, 03:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

That was some finish to the game in the Wind Tunnel.
Good to see young Dermot in action and of course to see an Early tormenting Galwegians brings back many memories.
I expect the GAA are happy to see Tyrone and Kildare making the D2 Final in case Cork ad Kerry make the D1 final  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on April 08, 2012, 06:47:08 PM
Some are saying the players' body language shows they don't want to play for Banty. Others say they're just not interested, don't give a shite, etc. What's the perception of those who've been to the league matches?

Hardy, and I'm 100% genuine when I say this, the players deserve the lions share of the blame as far as I'm concerned.
You have to see them in the flesh to understand how gutless they have been in the last few games.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Quote from: seafoid on April 08, 2012, 06:46:22 PM
Div 3 for Meath is shocking. Galway were so close. I hope we get meath in the qualifiers again :)

Third time's a charm.

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

seafoid

How long were meath in d2? They'll be odds on for promotion next year.
Where are they now in the leinster pecking order?

Bill Haven

delighted to be proven wrong by Westmeath. I didn't give us a prayer of staying up.

I probably overestimated the quality of the opposition as much as underestimating us.

bhgmk

Quote from: Jinxy on April 08, 2012, 08:13:23 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 08, 2012, 06:47:08 PM
Some are saying the players' body language shows they don't want to play for Banty. Others say they're just not interested, don't give a shite, etc. What's the perception of those who've been to the league matches?

Hardy, and I'm 100% genuine when I say this, the players deserve the lions share of the blame as far as I'm concerned.
You have to see them in the flesh to understand how gutless they have been in the last few games.

Gutless or Headless? I think they were just not up to the task. today Louth gave them an exhibition in winning ball, carrying, passing accurately and scoring (albeit with 6 wides in the first half).  Simple skills done well, not rocket science.

Personally I think too much time has gone into gym work and weight training, and not nearly enough into speed & agility, or simple ball work. Wouldn't you reef the U16 squad out of it if they gave away the ball like Meath did today?
For God's sake, 12 out of the starting 15 have had big days and big results in Croke Park before Banty's time, did they all become bad footballers in 2 years?

Sea The Stars

I would have thought the way to improve speed and agility would be in the gym?

In this age, no intercounty team can do enough work in the gym.

As for the 12 out of 15 players. Players come in and out of form, lose confidence, etc. The players are not playing well, at least not performing on the important days. Not exactly a new thing in sport.

Jinxy

We've just looked leaden-footed since the Kildare game.
Other teams seem to be getting fitter as the league goes on whereas we're the opposite.
Louth left us for dead yesterday.

bhgmk

That's what I mean, no sharpness. Last to the ball.  We don't need weightlifters, we need footballers.

As for McHugh's comments, hard to stomach but difficult to disagree with.  :( :(

Ard-Rí

Soft ... he called us soft ...

There's a lot of talk at the minute, Banty, County Board, Players. Who's to blame. I have been giving Banty the lion's share, and the players the benefit of the doubt. But, after looking at the "highlights" of the Louth game, there's no question in my mind that some of them don't deserve to wear the jersey. Not because they're not good enough, but because they're obviously not interested. You can make excuses for them - they don't want to play under Banty etc. but this is Gaelic Games, not soccer. Players play, they don't decide their manager. When it gets to a stage where the Meath team is being called soft, you know things are bad. We might have to wait until the end of the Championship to get the clear out (after all, nobody quits over the league) but now there's no question but that there must be a clear out. On and off the field.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

All of a Sludden

Ain't Karma a Bitch.

Well done Fitzer, especially pleasing to see not only Meath go down, but also Eamon McEneaney join them in Division 3.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Donnellys Hollow

Still don't know how Kildare managed to escape with a draw yesterday after a wretched second half display. Got to love the way that this Kildare team simply never give in because Galway played them off the field after half time. Great to see Kavanagh and especially Smith back to near their best (who needs the Cavanman) but they were starved of ball in the second half. Connolly's kickouts went to pot and we struggled badly at midfield. Flynn didn't look fit when he came on and Leper was badly missed. Suppose it is a positive to have these weaknesses highlighted now rather than in July or August.

Fare thee well Div II.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

Quote from: All of a Sludden on April 09, 2012, 09:21:15 PM
Ain't Karma a Bitch.

Well done Fitzer, especially pleasing to see not only Meath go down, but also Eamon McEneaney join them in Division 3.

That's a nice, succinct summing up of the difference between the values fostered by sport and embraced by sports people on the one hand and those whose small mindedness and poverty of spirit sport exposes on the other. But if you've never experienced success and you're a sad little begrudger, you will end up having nothing to celebrate but the losses of others.

What a sad existence that must be. Let me make it even sadder by reminding you that Meath will be back sooner or later and when that day comes, you'll still be Louth.

Maguire01

An awful campaign for Monaghan, but as I said earlier, maybe it's better that we drop than survive by the skin of our teeth. As long as the management team is dumped, that is. Nothing short of an Ulster title could redeem them, and let's be honest, that's not happening. Kicking Banty out without having any credible alternative in place was always a ridiculous move.

Maybe it's all set for a Banty return - I can see it now - Meath in the Division 3 Final, Finlay gets a free in the last minute...  :P