NFL Division 2 2012

Started by Jinxy, January 28, 2012, 03:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 25, 2012, 04:54:19 PM
Galway v Kildare on Easter Sunday for promotion.

Galway have home advantage but Kildare are definitely favourites. They seem to have shaken off their slow start and are now back motoring again. Fairly dismantled Westmeath today.

Yerra, when was the last time Kildare beat Galway in a competitive fixture? Galway overwhelming favourites.

Westmeath were flat today, Kildare had too much time and space to pick their scores. McGrillen, Foley, Smith, Kavanagh and O'Connor all excelled however apart from Peter Kelly I am worried about our full-back line and not sure what McGeeney is planning.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Good display by Kildare. Not sure we learned a whole pile because Westmeath were very poor but putting up a score like that today will do the confidence no harm and good to see the likes of Kavanagh and Smith hitting form.

Thought Mick Foley had an excellent first half out around midfield and I get the impression that the return of Conway is going to be a big plus this year. His ability to bring others into play is second to none and he's well able to kick scores himself. Also great to see Dermot Earley  getting a good spell out in midfield today. He definitely needs more football under his belt but there were some encouraging signs from him. We seem to be heading in the right direction but Galway in Tuam will be a much stiffer test with both teams needing the win to go up. Should be good competition for places now for that one. Presume that Leper and Flynn will be back but Flanagan and Smith did their chances no harm today.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

GalwayBayBoy

Some talk that Galway v Kildare may be moved to Salthill.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 26, 2012, 02:48:06 PM

Why would they do that? Would they get a better crowd/atmosphere in Tuam?
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 26, 2012, 03:24:41 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 26, 2012, 02:48:06 PM

Why would they do that? Would they get a better crowd/atmosphere in Tuam?

Almost definitely but the facilities are not exactly great in Tuam. It's fairly run down. Plus I heard there was an issue with the showers after the Galway v Tyrone game recently. I'd say they are expecting a big crowd for the game with Kildare bringing a good following so maybe that's another issue. Only rumours so far though.

Dinny Breen

Kildare haven't beaten Galway since 1985 when Larry Tompkins scored the winning goal, history is against us  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Kildare will play Galway in the Allianz Fooball League game on the 8th April in Salthill. The game was originally scheduled to be played in Tuam.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 26, 2012, 10:09:43 PM
Kildare haven't beaten Galway since 1985 when Larry Tompkins scored the winning goal, history is against us  :o

Whatever happened to him? He was a class player on his day but he seemed to just vanish from the scene when he should have been in his prime...

Seriously though, looking forward to a good long weekend in Galway now. Should be a sizeable Kildare crowd if the last few matches are anything to go by.

Jinxy

Kildare will beat Galway handy.
It's only a matter of toggin out.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Jinxy on March 27, 2012, 05:59:51 PM

That's the spirit!

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on March 27, 2012, 05:59:51 PM
Sure isn't it always the same when Galway play teams from Leinster.

Bill Haven

have to admit the implications of the drawn club final didn't even dawn on me at the time. Horrible result for Westmeath.

Would have been such a huge boost to get the Garrycastle lads back for the Derry match.

Still, two home wins on the trot gives us some grounds for hope...

tbrick18

Quote from: Bill Haven on March 29, 2012, 02:58:05 AM
have to admit the implications of the drawn club final didn't even dawn on me at the time. Horrible result for Westmeath.

Would have been such a huge boost to get the Garrycastle lads back for the Derry match.

Still, two home wins on the trot gives us some grounds for hope...

I'd have thought they will be back for the derry game?

Bill Haven

ummm yeah, it's possible I may have got my dates arse-ways  :-[

mattockranger

just seen on Twitter there Who is The Division top scorer??

Louth have darren Clarke 1-30 and O'flatherty leads Kildare with 0-24

who's top scorer for the other counties in the division?
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital